Recent Topics

Ads

Fortresses : Stop the Nascar racing

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Machwar

Fortresses : Stop the Nascar racing

Post#1 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Sorry for my English, I hope everything is understandable

War is a serious affair and I was thinking of a way to change the Forteresses and stop that Nascar Racing, get 3 flag and log off cuz you have enough contribution lulz
Here is the fruit of my reflection :

All the fortresses have at start of the rvr campaign 10 stars and can't have more, and are attackable at any time during the RvR campaign

Here is what happens when a forteress is at its maximum, it is almost impregnable, it has bonuses like:

- reinforced doors
- impregnable posterns
- 3 oils available on the ramparts with low repop cd (or no cd at all)
- the attackers can only pop one ram at a time coming from the area of ​​the fortress -1
- when dead, the attackers will release in the rvr zone preceding the fortress

Each time the fortress loses a star, it becomes more vulnerable

- doors are weakening
- the posterns can be taken (by WE and WH only and then by all mdps)
- no more than 2 oils at the same time, and then just one, the cd between 2 repop is more important
- the attackers can pop 2 then 3 rams
- creation of a warcamp in the fortress
- possibility of bringing war machines inside the fortress to fight against the defenders (can hit the lord and the defenders stuck in the lord room why not ?)

Each time a faction takes an RVR area, the enemy fortress loses 1 star.

- from t2 to t4, there are 5 rvr zones, this means that any fortress can lose a maximum of 4 stars (to say that a 6 stars fortress is > to a 5 stars Fort)

If the fortresses are dropped to the invader, no reward for the attackers, no rewards for the defenders (and a handicap on the rewards of the City ?)

=> Once 2 fortresses fall, the City is in danger

Advantages :

The fortresses are a matter of Kingdom, and no longer of Chosen having participated in a single zone
Strategically, it is possible to move from the t4 mid zone to the fortress if a lead feels strong enough, making Soronline useless
We increase the possibilities of front, not passing more than 3 rvr zones, but 3 rvr zones + 3 fortresses
No more Afk in fortresses waiting to ninja a reservation slot

The inconvenients :

How to make the defenders recover the rvr area before the fortress (after X kills or X hours after the area is locked ?)
The t2 t3 zones will be locked until the end for a single faction (find a way to reset the rvr campaign?)

Ps : These are just some examples, it's to the dev to see what's pertinent or not

What do you think ?

En Francais dans le texte :
Spoiler:
La guerre est une affaire sérieuse et je pensais à un moyen de changer les Forteresses et d'arrêter ce Nascar Racing consistant à prendre 3 drapeaux et à se déconnecter car ons a suffisamment de contribution lulz
Voici le fruit de ma réflexion :

Toutes les forteresses ont lors du lancement de la campagne Rvr 10 étoiles (et ne peuvent pas en avoir plus), et sont attaquables à n'importe quel moment de la campagne RvR

Voici ce qu'il se passe lorsqu'une forto est au max, elle est quasi imprenable et a des bonus du genre :

- portes renforcées
- poternes imprenables
- 3 huiles disponibles sur les remparts avec faible cd de repop
- les attaquants ne peuvent faire pop qu'un seul belier de la zone de la forteresse -1
- lors d'une mort, les attaquants ayant relacher, apparaitront dans la zone rvr précédent la forteresse

Chaque fois que la forteresse perd une etoile, elle devient plus vulnérable

- les portes s'affaiblissent
- les poternes peuvent etre prises (par les furtifs uniquement, puis par tous les mdps)
- plus que 2 huiles en meme temps, voir qu'une, le cd entre 2 repop est plus important
- les attaquants peuvent faire pop 2 puis 3 beliers
- création d'un warcamp dans la forteresse
- possibilité de ramener des machines de guerre à l'interieur de la forteresse pour se battre contre les défenseurs

Chaque fois qu'une faction prend une zone rvr, la forteresse perd 1 étoile

- du t2 au t4, il y'a 5 zones rvr, cela veut dire que la forteresse peut perdre au maximum 4 étoiles (une forteresse 6 étoiles sera équivalente ou mieux qu' un fort 5 étoiles)

Si les forteresses sont lachées à l'envahisseur, pas de récompense pour les attaquants, pas de récompense pour les défenseurs (et un handicap sur les récompenses des capitales ?)

=> Une fois que 2 forteresses tombent, c'est la Capitale qui est en danger

Les avantages :

Les forteresses sont une affaire de Royaume, et non plus d'Elus ayant participés sur Une seule zone
Stratégiquement, il est possible de passer de la mid zone à la forteresse si un lead se sent assez fort, permettant de rendre inutile Soronline
On augmente les possibilités de front, ne passant plus de 3 zones rvr, mais de 3 zones rvr + 3 forteresses

Les Inconvenients :

Comment faire pour que les défenseurs récupèrent la zone rvr avant la forteresse (au bout de X kills ou de X heures après que la zone soit lock peut être)
Les zones t2 t3 seront lock jusqu'a la fin pour une seule faction (trouver un moyen de reset la campagne rvr ?)

Ps : Ceci ne sont que des exemples, c'est aux dev de juger ce qui est pertinent ou pas

Qu'est ce que vous en pensez ?
Last edited by Machwar on Wed May 13, 2020 5:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Arroswar -> Disciple of Khaine
Iwar -> Archmage

Ads
Stophy22

Re: Forteresses : Stop the Nascar racing

Post#2 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:30 pm

I really like your idea of, “fortresses are attackable at any time”

this kind of change could be revolutionary to warhammer as an old game and kind of modernize it in a way that’s sort of unique.

The only problem is warhammer heavily revolves around its war-campaign, and I’m not sure what other players would think if you disturb that.

But the idea and concept is something new I haven’t heard and I do like the idea.

The chances of us getting a new overhaul to forts is probably pretty slim because of the vast work load, but I’m not sure what this work load would look like.

Anyway my opinion is it’s unique and interesting, lord room funnel problem still needs to be fixed but I like the idea of needing to break down a forts defenses rather than push to an end zone and give it a try
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Machwar

Post#3 » Wed May 13, 2020 1:41 am

I understand what you say about the rvr campaign, that's the point, if we don't take the t2 zone and go directly to the fortress, it won't be so easy to get because it will have 10 stars
That mean, 1 ram, 3 oils possible and low cd on it, door reinforced and no potern, if attackers die they will respawn in the zone before the fortress, no canon etc...
Attacking a Fortress before finishing the rvr campaign could be done, but will be so much difficult...

And I forgot to put in the Advantage, no more afk fortress waiting to ninja a resa :D
Iwar -> Archmage

Detangler

Post#4 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:06 am

Sometimes I kinda miss the old days of DAoC relic raids....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

EsthelielSunfury

Re: Fortresses : Stop the Nascar racing

Post#5 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:04 am

It's so weird that I read "get 3 flag and log off cuz you have enough contribution lulz" for the first time ever yesterday on discord, and now it's here on the forum as a complaint.

Btw they fixed the AFK ninja reservation spot in the Fort method. I remember it being in the patch notes some time ago.

With Forts being there the whole time, I can just about imagine the can of worms when you have to work through "who gets the gold bags, with what contribution".

I don't know, I like Forts the way they are, just the inner door is the issue.

Machwar

Post#6 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:42 am

@Detangler
Never played Daoc, but i did the relic on war and I don't keep a good memory of it

@EsthelielSunfury
- My complaint is more about having any rewards doing nothing at all or by avoiding fight, to me it's an issue and shouldn't be allowed (I don't say it's easy to solve the problem, but at least I try to propose an idea)
- I read the thing too, but I am not so sure it's really fixed (maybe I am wrong)
- And your are right, the contribution for attakers is easy to put in place, but for defenders...
Maybe someone can have a solution for that :D

Thanks for participating, I'd like to debate it more ;)

Another thing I wonder, could it be realizable ?
Iwar -> Archmage

flintboth

Post#7 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:05 am

Great patch, thank uou !

That look a good idea to intensify the strategies in campaign.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)