Recent Topics

Ads

Mara Proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Arbich
Suspended

Re: Mara Proposal

Post#51 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:15 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:43 pm
Arbich wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:47 pm I don't get why you want to look at healdebuff in isolation. Balance wise you should look as how Mara performs in comparison to other destro dps (choppa, msh, mdok, we, dps shaman, rsh, dps zealot, Magus, sorc) and maybe dps potential of destro tanks.
If Mara underperforms in comparison (why? Against which dps?), he needs a buff. If Mara overperforms (why? Against which dps?) he needs a nerf.
What order classes have or have not doesn't matter at all, except you claim that the actual healdebuff for Mara result in a general realm-imbalance in favor of order (and even if this is the case, this doesn't necessitate a buff to Mara unless he is underperforming in comparison to the other destro dps).

If you constantly buff somewhat lacking underperforming elements of different classes, it will result in power creep and balance nightmare.
Balance wise I’m looking at heal debuffs.

The proposal isn’t about Mara damage, it’s not about Mara damage vs his faction vs other faction. That’s someone else’s proposal if you want.

The proposal is about heal debuffs and why Mara (and white lion) are the only (dps) classes without a 9-5pt ability heal debuff. Healdebuffs are huge in order to kill someone and they’re pretty big for any sort of organized 6 man group, whether it be roaming or sc. Seeing as mara has to sacrifice a tactic slot to get his heal debuff when he is a tactic heavy class and his viability is already lower than other mdps on Destro side since his amazing tools can be replaced or substituted by more viable classes I thought it would be fair to look at this as a way to bring a little bit of viability and life to a class that is a bit on the back burner.

I haven’t called Mara weak, or underpowered or anything of the sort.

I have called the Mara lacking compared to his other mdps both on his side and the other.

That is all I’m not here to balance marauder and fix the class viability. Just advocate for something that I see as unfair and explain why it should get the same treatments as other classes. Maybe it’ll help with balance and class viability and I tried to make fair proposals that were not one sided.

I don’t believe there is a realm imbalance and never stated such. I believe there is an imbalance for Mara as a dps role because he lacks something vital for a dps class thus making him undesirable. I don’t think what I’m proposing is so disgusting either since the way Mara has to work as a dps class. Stance dancing. Very specific spec. Having to get certain tools otherwise he actually has nothing important.

If I had hard facts about Mara underperforming as a dps and and his dmg is too low or anything of the sort I would of made a proposal about that. But in summary;

other classes get 9point ability healdebuffs, Mara doesn’t. Mara should be given 9-5point heal debuff and here is why.

Hopefully that explain it a little better.
It doesn´t. Not at all.
You said yourself how strong a 50% inc healdebuff is (I agree).

If base tainted claw is useless and the use of a tactic slot is a too big disadvantage (I would disagree with this), then propose a removal of tainted claw and a change of the 11pt tactic. Mara gets treatment of WL then... no heal debuff at all... Would be also "fairer" (to pick your argument), so one core mdps on each side has no inc-healdebuff (mara and wl).
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
teiloh

Post#52 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:47 pm

We could also move Tainted Claw to Zealots, to match Order getting their version of DOK heal debuff on RPs.

wachlarz

Post#53 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Arbich wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:15 pm
Arbich wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:47 pm I don't get why you want to look at healdebuff in isolation. Balance wise you should look as how Mara performs in comparison to other destro dps (choppa, msh, mdok, we, dps shaman, rsh, dps zealot, Magus, sorc) and maybe dps potential of destro tanks.
If Mara underperforms in comparison (why? Against which dps?), he needs a buff. If Mara overperforms (why? Against which dps?) he needs a nerf.
What order classes have or have not doesn't matter at all, except you claim that the actual healdebuff for Mara result in a general realm-imbalance in favor of order (and even if this is the case, this doesn't necessitate a buff to Mara unless he is underperforming in comparison to the other destro dps).

If you constantly buff somewhat lacking underperforming elements of different classes, it will result in power creep and balance nightmare.
Balance wise I’m looking at heal debuffs.

The proposal isn’t about Mara damage, it’s not about Mara damage vs his faction vs other faction. That’s someone else’s proposal if you want.

The proposal is about heal debuffs and why Mara (and white lion) are the only (dps) classes without a 9-5pt ability heal debuff. Healdebuffs are huge in order to kill someone and they’re pretty big for any sort of organized 6 man group, whether it be roaming or sc. Seeing as mara has to sacrifice a tactic slot to get his heal debuff when he is a tactic heavy class and his viability is already lower than other mdps on Destro side since his amazing tools can be replaced or substituted by more viable classes I thought it would be fair to look at this as a way to bring a little bit of viability and life to a class that is a bit on the back burner.

I haven’t called Mara weak, or underpowered or anything of the sort.

I have called the Mara lacking compared to his other mdps both on his side and the other.

That is all I’m not here to balance marauder and fix the class viability. Just advocate for something that I see as unfair and explain why it should get the same treatments as other classes. Maybe it’ll help with balance and class viability and I tried to make fair proposals that were not one sided.

I don’t believe there is a realm imbalance and never stated such. I believe there is an imbalance for Mara as a dps role because he lacks something vital for a dps class thus making him undesirable. I don’t think what I’m proposing is so disgusting either since the way Mara has to work as a dps class. Stance dancing. Very specific spec. Having to get certain tools otherwise he actually has nothing important.

If I had hard facts about Mara underperforming as a dps and and his dmg is too low or anything of the sort I would of made a proposal about that. But in summary;

other classes get 9point ability healdebuffs, Mara doesn’t. Mara should be given 9-5point heal debuff and here is why.

Hopefully that explain it a little better.
It doesn´t. Not at all.
You said yourself how strong a 50% inc healdebuff is (I agree).

If base tainted claw is useless and the use of a tactic slot is a too big disadvantage (I would disagree with this), then propose a removal of tainted claw and a change of the 11pt tactic. Mara gets treatment of WL then... no heal debuff at all... Would be also "fairer" (to pick your argument), so one core mdps on each side has no inc-healdebuff (mara and wl).
Then i suggest remove pounce and single target stun from Wl like mara dont have

teiloh

Post#54 » Tue May 12, 2020 5:53 pm

wachlarz wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:51 pm
Yes nerf WLs by giving them an AOE KD instead

Stophy22

Post#55 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:03 pm

teiloh wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:47 pm We could also move Tainted Claw to Zealots, to match Order getting their version of DOK heal debuff on RPs.
Zealot and RP have same exact heal debuff I don’t understand what you’re saying
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Stophy22

Post#56 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:10 pm

Spoiler:
Arbich wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:15 pm
Arbich wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 3:47 pm

Alright mr. devils advocate I’ll take the bait.

Why should mara lose his heal debuff altogether to match white lion. How would this be fairer? Why does every dps get healdebuff except these two classes? What are they doing so exceptionally that warrants this change?
Last edited by Stophy22 on Tue May 12, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Stophy22

Post#57 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:11 pm

teiloh wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:53 pm
You probably don’t play Mara if you think the aoe KD is better than single target KD.

For the final time, monstro spec gets aoe KD, not single target
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Arbich
Suspended

Post#58 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:13 pm

I thought this is exclusivly about heal debuffs? About WL first thing that should be removed is the short sprint after pounce. makes no sense on a class with this mobility
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
wachlarz

Post#59 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:19 pm

Stophy22 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:11 pm
You probably don’t play Mara if you think the aoe KD is better than single target KD.

I have Mara rr 80. I write about SINGLE TARGET STUN THAT MARA DONT HAVE.
Ps. And remove silence from WL, mara dont have
Ps2 And remove pet. Mara dont have too :D

Stophy22

Post#60 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:30 pm

wachlarz wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:19 pm
Stophy22 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:11 pm

I have Mara rr 80. I write about SINGLE TARGET STUN THAT MARA DONT HAVE.
Ps. And remove silence from WL, mara dont have
Ps2 And remove pet. Mara dont have too :D
Talking to the other guy sorry.
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x