Recent Topics

Ads

Introverts vs Extroverts and why i believe it matters ...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
cfabr

Introverts vs Extroverts and why i believe it matters ...

Post#1 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:20 pm

Introverts vs Extroverts and why i believe it matters in trying to balance the 2 realms. First of all, try and hear me out and try and understart it from my perspective.

I will start and copy an text i've written from another thread to try an explain why i think we have the problems we have ...

/quote
First of all. I'm an introvert so some of you might recognise what i'm talking about and others propaly wount have the slightest idea. Overall i think the game is pretty well balanced, but thats not the main issue here. You are asking why some classes are more popular on order side then others ... I think it might be more related to introvert vs extrovert vs looks/appereances (and ofcouse looks/appereance is more of an personal preference). So let me go trough the classes vs their mirror classes and have this in mind (introvert > extrovert), from my perspective as an introvert.

Engineer >> Magus ... I would pick the Engi, mainly because of the healkeg (and the range), because i would be able too play this toon mainly on my own.
Ironbreaker < Black guard ... Skills are pretty much the same, but the BG just looks better.
Runepriest < Zealot ... Again, skills the same, but zealot just looks better.
Slayer < Choppa ... Again, skills are the same, but i prefer choppa from the looks.
Bright Wizard >> Sorcerer ... BW has selfcleanse and BW Just looks badass compared to sorcerer, because i would be able too play this toon mainly on my own (maybe with a pocket healer or a tanker)
KotB < Chosen ... Overall skills the same, but that chosen armor just looks cool.
Warrior Priest > DoK ... WP because of the woundsbuff. Appereance wise, they both look pretty cool.
Witch Hunter >> Witch elf ... WH does spirit damage (which just stick better to target then corp damage, atleast thats my experience) and that armor looks like the next van helsing.
Arcemage >> Shaman ... DpsAM has spirit damage and with radiant burst, they can actually go heal spec and do some decent damage if you wonna play on your own.
Shadow Warrior = Suigh herder ... Well this is a 50/50, i just like the looks of Suiggies better.
Sword Master >> Black Orc ... I dont know how SM does it, but with some builds you do decent healing aswell as dps so i would consider SM more appealing.
White Lion >> Marauder ... Well White Lions are a one-man army in the right hands, so that in itself is pretty nifty.

So overall Orders have more classes that would appeal to me as an introvert, because i would be able to solo-play them without relying on grp's and WB. So i would pick a class, that I would feel is fun (Do alot of damage/ healing and be selv reliant), but not necessarily benefit my realm. In the casses where the classes are pretty much on pair, I would pick Destros over Order because they just look cooler to me (but that is just a personal preference).
/quote

I know alot of your are asking, why order are missing real leadership? Why are noone trying too follow the leader, when in a actual WB? why are there so many solo rdps, White lions, Which hunters. Not said that introverts can't be leaders, but it doesn't come as natural to us as it would to an extrovert and basically because all these classes appeal to introverts. We dont nessecary think grp synergi but how well this or that class would play on their own ... and the order realm just have more solo classes compared too destro, atleast thats my experience.

Ads
Skullgrin

Re: Introverts vs Extroverts and why i believe it matters ...

Post#2 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:35 pm

Projection - it isn't just a river in Egypt...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

blondgelockt
Suspended

Post#3 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:37 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 4:35 pm Projection - it isn't just a river in Egypt...
Denial, man. Denial ("the nile") is not a river in Egypt.

Smh.

TreefAM

Post#4 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:46 pm

That's not even projection in any sort of way or form lmao

jtj5002

Post#5 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:51 pm

Ok this is satire right?
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

Skullgrin

Post#6 » Sun May 10, 2020 4:55 pm

No clue, I just decided to troll it and see how many suckers I could get hooked on my line. Got two so far!

:lol: :D :lol:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

uanaka

Post#7 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Might as well continue with this pound town of a troll thread, if the mighty Thargrimm has graced us with his presence, I must oblige to continue.

Introvert/Extroverts are a social construct devised by the MMO players who want to do their own thing and enjoy sabotaging their own realm. Not only do they want to do their own thing, but they also have the intent of flaming other people for not grouping up and listening to leadership.

It's not a matter of appearance, but it's a matter of malicious intent being disguised as a self-made character trait.

empmoz

Post#8 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:24 pm

Destro has plenty of pug warbands that don't follow lead/chat, it's not a problem unique to order

Ads
cfabr

Post#9 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:39 am

In an attempt, to try explain this in another way ...
Basically its like trying to compare a single-player game vs a MMO game in an MMO game inviroment (really you can't)
Destros will win most of the times in the lakes, unless they are outnumbered and then they will loose mainly because they are outnumbered.
Orders will shine in forts, because its an controlled inviroment and alot of these "single-player classes" have the tools too control main gate and postern.
Destros will shine in city-sieges because it's an team-effort and they have a better toolkit/synergi between classes to support each other.

Gottschalt

Post#10 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:21 am

We got Shitposting Sundays around this neck of woods?