Recent Topics

Ads

Introverts vs Extroverts and why i believe it matters ...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
M0rw47h

Re: Introverts vs Extroverts and why i believe it matters ...

Post#21 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:51 am

Omegus wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:36 am Remove Engi keg to encourage order to group up. Got it.

I'm not even joking.
Reducing renown for solo kills would be the best. Give the highest renown per kill to 6 mans instead.

Ads
cfabr

Post#22 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:04 am

M0rw47h wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:51 am
Omegus wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:36 am Remove Engi keg to encourage order to group up. Got it.

I'm not even joking.
Reducing renown for solo kills would be the best. Give the highest renown per kill to 6 mans instead.
Maybe, but that wouldn't scare a soloplayer like me ... i'd still have some fun with that and you would crible WH/WE (solokills are pretty much their bread and butter)

M0rw47h

Post#23 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:36 am

cfabr wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:04 am
M0rw47h wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:51 am

I'm not even joking.
Maybe, but that wouldn't scare a soloplayer like me ... i'd still have some fun with that and you would crible WH/WE (solokills are pretty much their bread and butter)
WH/WE do better with bait, guard and pocket healers.

Telen
Suspended

Post#24 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:49 am

cfabr wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:17 am Maybe AM needs some adjusments in their dps tree to make them less appealing to solo/casual ppl though and more appealing to actual healers.
So if someone has put in years playing, leveling and gearing a class you think you should be able to change the way that class plays. **** off mate. Were all here for nostalgia to mostly to play the classes we played on live the way we played them on live. Also if you knew anything about the lore AM behind a pure healer is ridiculous.

Twohandernoob

Post#25 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:13 am

That's not the reason. Firstly as everyone's pointed out you're assuming your personal experience is everyone elses. Secondly your reasons for why introverts can best play order classes are wrong at basic levels.

What is more likely that people who take gaming seriously and it's important for them to be considered bad ass by others will gravitate a little more toward destro as they are the mean bad guys.

And people who are fantasy, role playing nerds may gravitate slightly more towards order as they are traditionally the hero roles in fantasy media.

This is particularly seen on Swtor where all the best players are on the dark side. Also you'd see this more at lauch than years later on a private server. Here so many people have toons on both sides though, that it's not a very significant factor. I personally feel des still has more high level players than order though.

cfabr

Post#26 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:49 am

Telen wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:49 am
cfabr wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:17 am Maybe AM needs some adjusments in their dps tree to make them less appealing to solo/casual ppl though and more appealing to actual healers.
So if someone has put in years playing, leveling and gearing a class you think you should be able to change the way that class plays. **** off mate. Were all here for nostalgia to mostly to play the classes we played on live the way we played them on live. Also if you knew anything about the lore AM behind a pure healer is ridiculous.
Or maybe AM/Sham just need an actual working mechanic like on live, where you'd have too choose between Dps or healing .. I would prefer that aswell.

Telen
Suspended

Post#27 » Tue May 12, 2020 11:54 am

cfabr wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:49 am Or maybe AM/Sham just need an actual working mechanic like on live, where you'd have too choose between Dps or healing .. I would prefer that aswell.
AM didnt have a working mechanic on live. For practical purposes they dont here either as you are at 5 most of the time. Except for some kiting lifetaps for healers theres very little different.

AM healing is fine. Its a well balanced squishy backline healer that would be fine in most mmos. It has better burst healing than RP and but less sustain and utility. AMs problem has always been there is another healer that was designed as a frontline high survivability healer with fast high healing that wouldnt get set back when in melee. Then people complained so they gave it a great single target heal that didnt need to be in melee range and it worked even better as a backline healer. Making AM superfluous.
Last edited by Telen on Tue May 12, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cfabr

Post#28 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:01 pm

Twohandernoob wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:13 am
What is more likely that people who take gaming seriously and it's important for them to be considered bad ass by others will gravitate a little more toward destro as they are the mean bad guys.

And people who are fantasy, role playing nerds may gravitate slightly more towards order as they are traditionally the hero roles in fantasy media.
Well if thats the case, there will always be an gap between the 2 realms that no matter of balancing will help (unless you wonna crible 1 realm), because all the hardcore players will mostly play destro ... Or I guess you could slap one of dem Kotb into a chosen armor, but i dont know how that would look :mrgreen: .

Ads
cfabr

Post#29 » Tue May 12, 2020 12:04 pm

Telen wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:54 am
cfabr wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:49 am Or maybe AM/Sham just need an actual working mechanic like on live, where you'd have too choose between Dps or healing .. I would prefer that aswell.
AM didnt have a working mechanic on live. For practical purposes they dont here either as you are at 5 most of the time. Except for some kiting lifetaps for healers theres very little different.
Oh! i didn't know that. I played mostly shaman back on live and it worked pretty well back then. Guess they just need an actual working mechanic then to be viable.