Recent Topics

Ads

Introverts vs Extroverts and why i believe it matters ...

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
empmoz

Re: Introverts vs Extroverts and why i believe it matters ...

Post#11 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:10 am

cfabr wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:39 am In an attempt, to try explain this in another way ...
Basically its like trying to compare a single-player game vs a MMO game in an MMO game inviroment (really you can't)
Destros will win most of the times in the lakes, unless they are outnumbered and then they will loose mainly because they are outnumbered.
Orders will shine in forts, because its an controlled inviroment and alot of these "single-player classes" have the tools too control main gate and postern.
Destros will shine in city-sieges because it's an team-effort and they have a better toolkit/synergi between classes to support each other.
Order has some really strong guilds/players, your personal experiences don't apply to the entire game

Ads
cfabr

Post#12 » Mon May 11, 2020 11:46 am

[/quote]

Order has some really strong guilds/players, your personal experiences don't apply to the entire game
[/quote]

I know, there are strong guilds/players on both sides if put together right, but order might appeal more towards the casuals/solo-players because alot of the order classes works perfectly well on their own.

cfabr

Post#13 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:50 pm

Sorry, bare with me and let me try to translate my thoughts (because i believe we agree in some way or another, but i'm looking at it from a slightly different perspective as an soloplayer) ... First of, lets play with the thought that the majority of players on RoR are casual/soloplayers - or atleast a big part is.
Order basically have all these "Easy to play" classes, where you can jump in, play a couple of hours with others or on your own (whatever suits you) and these classes works perfectly fine for these occasions. These classes might appeal more towards casual/soloplayers, BUT they bring nothing towards the combined skillpool of order. These classes are basically single-players toons in an MMO enviroment.

Telen
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon May 11, 2020 8:07 pm

cfabr wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:50 pm Sorry, bare with me and let me try to translate my thoughts (because i believe we agree in some way or another, but i'm looking at it from a slightly different perspective as an soloplayer) ... First of, lets play with the thought that the majority of players on RoR are casual/soloplayers - or atleast a big part is.
Order basically have all these "Easy to play" classes, where you can jump in, play a couple of hours with others or on your own (whatever suits you) and these classes works perfectly fine for these occasions. These classes might appeal more towards casual/soloplayers, BUT they bring nothing towards the combined skillpool of order. These classes are basically single-players toons in an MMO enviroment.
Shaman and SH are the best solo classes in the game. Dok healer is the most beginner friendly class there is that anyone can do well on.

cfabr

Post#15 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:15 am

Telen wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:07 pm
cfabr wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:50 pm Sorry, bare with me and let me try to translate my thoughts (because i believe we agree in some way or another, but i'm looking at it from a slightly different perspective as an soloplayer) ... First of, lets play with the thought that the majority of players on RoR are casual/soloplayers - or atleast a big part is.
Shaman and SH are the best solo classes in the game. Dok healer is the most beginner friendly class there is that anyone can do well on.
I dont mean "easy to play" in a bad way, i actually think alot of order toons should be buffed, to be more on pair with their destro mirrors ... but have in mind i'm looking at this from a soloplayer perspective.

Yes, Shaman and SH would be an obvious choice because of their racial abilities (and i main an shaman :mrgreen: ), but lets try compare them to their mirror classes.

Shaman vs Arcemage - shaman has a dot heal with thoughness aswell as an moralepump (get movin + ere we go again). The moralpump combined with chop fasta from choppa, pretty much gives an entire grp morale 2 in less than 10 sec ... Arcemage has damage.

SH vs SW - Well this is a no brainer. SH has an entire tree that is build around WB play and again ... SW has extra damage.

Lets go to the extreme and try to compare WL with Mara (I know you really cant, but lets just play with the thought). Mara is like a swiss army knife with a tool for every situation and WL ... well WL has ekstra damage.

Basically Order are missing out on all these great tools, but to compensate for these tools they have been given extra single/aoe damage. So basically a lot of order classes are "single-player" classes in an MMO-realm ... and i can understand why that might seem appealing to alot of casual/soloplayers.

adapter
Suspended

Post#16 » Tue May 12, 2020 6:26 am

Hahaha, this has nothing to do with "introverts and extroverts"

This is just your personal view and that's it.

I do agree some apperances look cooler than others, i'll give you that.

For example the Slayer, it's a naked fat ass drunk bearded ugly midget on which mostly all appereances look the same. In the other hand we have the Choppa, which may be the career with the most options to choose from regarding appereances that look incredible badass and mean.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Omegus

Post#17 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:36 am

Remove Engi keg to encourage order to group up. Got it.

I'm not even joking.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Telen
Suspended

Post#18 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:50 am

AM has morale pump and one of the best synergies with SM. aSW is one of the best small scale classes and more st damage than mSH. SW just needs it ranged spec buffing to be war and viable.

Like has been say the real difference is des tanks look great so have better comp most of the time.

Ads
cfabr

Post#19 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:57 am

Omegus wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:36 am Remove Engi keg to encourage order to group up. Got it.

I'm not even joking.
Thank you, but lets take this thought experiment a little furter and remove ALL selfcleanse aswell as selvhealing abilities from classes and swap them out with something that would benefit your grp instead (Or both realms need an exact mirror ability). Now we only have healers who can heal/cleanse (and ofcourse potions)... they might need a slighty buff to their healing abilities to make up for that, maybe let them be able to cleanse all kind of ailments, curse etc, but nothing else.
Last edited by cfabr on Tue May 12, 2020 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

cfabr

Post#20 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:17 am

Telen wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:50 am AM has morale pump and one of the best synergies with SM. aSW is one of the best small scale classes and more st damage than mSH. SW just needs it ranged spec buffing to be war and viable.

Like has been say the real difference is des tanks look great so have better comp most of the time.
I'm not entirely into how synergies works between orders, because i play mostly destro, but i dont think (not sure though) that alot of dpsAM are using that tactic? (Edit; And in the time AM takes to cast his 2 boons of hysh on 1 class, shaman will have his entire grp at morale 2 with an choppa). Maybe AM needs some adjusments in their dps tree to make them less appealing to solo/casual ppl though and more appealing to actual healers.
SW difinitily needs a boost to their ranged spec, to make them more viable compared to mSH, i can agree on that.