Recent Topics

Ads

Sovereign Proc useless Choppa / Slayer

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adapter
Suspended

Sovereign Proc useless Choppa / Slayer

Post#1 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:16 pm

Hello, this is Kabuchop.

Today i just got my 7th Sovereign Berserker piece to finally test out the 7pc bonus proc On Hit. I realized this Set that is meant to be for AoE Spec (Path of Da Wrecka) does not benefit the AoE Spec since this 7pc proc is only meant to proc on Single Target abilities only. Meaning the 6th Bonus set giving +2 Mastery Points on Da Wrecka tree makes no sense if the 7th Piece is meant for Single Target only.

My suggestion is to change the 6th bonus set from +2 Mastery Points on Da Wrecka tree to +2 Mastery Points on Da Savage tree. Thus meaning the Sov. Flurry Set would be changed too. Same for Slayer it makes more sense to give +2 MP on Trollslayer tree.

Another suggestion is to make the 6th proc work on AoE abilities + Autto Attack + ST abilities without switching the 6th on sets.

This would instantly change the Royal Sets for the better due to Path of Savage/Trollslayer being the always go to tree for Choppa / Slayer regardless you are ST or AoE spec. Because we need Lifesteal/Heal Debuff/Rampage/AP Recovery.

That would be all, a really small tweak, change the 6th piece on both Sov. Berserker / Sov. Flurry sets.

If this does not get implemented, there's no good reason to wear Full Sov. Berserker set, it would be better to have 5 Sov / 3 something else. But since the Sov is meant to be BiS, it should be useful as a full set.

This change would allow Single Target specs to be more effective as also make AoE stay the same. Also this is only an easy to make tweak, the 2 sets Warlord and Sov. Flurry for Choppa/Slayer are so badly put together regarding the Stats and Bonuses. The best is Sov. Berserker, but that I already posted a while ago.
Last edited by adapter on Sat May 02, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
Tenhi

Re: Sovereign Proc useless Choppa / Slayer

Post#2 » Sat May 02, 2020 10:18 pm

It doesnt even procc from Autoattacks.... just from ST Abilities. It also gets overwritten by BG Crimson Death 10% Crit Debuff.

Illuminati

Post#3 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:03 pm

+1

I put a bug in the tracker on it a while ago. The only ability that procs it well is Furious Chopping. Was very disappointed to discover it doesn’t work on the majority of Choppa abilities.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Aurandilaz

Post#4 » Sun May 03, 2020 2:16 pm

assuming you play grouped (with BG CD or Kotb crit increase on target), the buff adds 0 crit.
You could run it for solo I guess (lul solo choppa), but generally running Sov over 5pc bonus makes 0 sense as it is now. I doubt they will improve the set, so my recommendation would be to run 5pc sov, 3pc warlord, or mix 5 sov, 2 def sov, 2 sent for double str bonuses.

adapter
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:03 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:16 pm assuming you play grouped (with BG CD or Kotb crit increase on target), the buff adds 0 crit.
You could run it for solo I guess (lul solo choppa), but generally running Sov over 5pc bonus makes 0 sense as it is now. I doubt they will improve the set, so my recommendation would be to run 5pc sov, 3pc warlord, or mix 5 sov, 2 def sov, 2 sent for double str bonuses.
Yeah that's right, running 5 sov + something else right now is the way to go. I wish the 6th and 7th piece bonuses get tweaked to make worth using it as a full BiS set.

geezereur

Post#6 » Mon May 04, 2020 2:11 am

adapter wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:03 am
Aurandilaz wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 2:16 pm assuming you play grouped (with BG CD or Kotb crit increase on target), the buff adds 0 crit.
Yeah that's right, running 5 sov + something else right now is the way to go. I wish the 6th and 7th piece bonuses get tweaked to make worth using it as a full BiS set.
Same for Magus the 7th bonus ability.

Olszewski

Post#7 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:48 pm

adapter
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue May 05, 2020 8:27 am

Most Choppa and Slayer players agrees on that Sovereign and Warlord sets need a rework on stats and bonuse.

Ads