Recent Topics

Ads

City Queue Suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
senpair

City Queue Suggestions

Post#1 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:28 am

I have been locked out of city three times now, twice with a 12 man and once with a 24 man. I am not under the impression I should be handed a medal just for queueing, but it is frustrating for those who have put in effort all day to get to city and then don't even get a spot. So something has to be looked at.
I have heard several proposals:

1) Increase the time that allows people to queue for city.
Not my favorite idea, but it would be a start and could be rolled back without too much hassle.
2) Reservation system.
If you actively participated in the T4 zones, you should be some of the first people into the City instead of the people just logging on solely for city. Now you could make it an account wide reservation (if possible) so if you were working on alts then you could come back.
3) Have the overpopulated side fight each other.
It's silly, but then people would be able to still get their play time in even if it's against each other. It would be interesting to see what it's like going against your own. And I had heard that some of the original planning for live was going to be all races could fight each other so maybe that could be brought in.
4) Have the overpopulated side fight NPCs or PVE version
Not sure if there is a PVE version, I was not there during Live so some of these are rumors. It is just brain storming.
5) If you queue for city and dont get in, then you get a reservation for next time
Wouldnt be in conjunction with suggestion 2, but instead you get a ticket or something that allows you into either the next one or the one after that so people dont abuse to try to always get 5 stars. Only problem would be that you would have to solo queue so not the best suggestion, but I'm just trying to brainstorm haha.

Obviously, you can't make everyone happy all the time. However, I believe at least one of these suggestions or even part of one would help alleviate frustrations that can be felt from both sides.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: City Queue Suggestions

Post#2 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:43 am

You experienced the disadvantage of playing on the bigger side. You won't get pve instances like on live, when no enemy is found.
When you want to participate in city siege and you happen to find no instance, your only option is to swap realm and defend.

This isn't going to change.
Dying is no option.

xpander
Community Management

Post#3 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:04 am

my proposals:

1)Start T2 campaign right after City Queues are done. This way people have something to do at least who didn't get into the city

2) Make T4 zones give 1 invader/royal for the zone capture, so the crests aren't behind the wall . Lot of the time City happens when most of the population is not online. Maybe increase the SoV/Invader crest requirement and give a bit more of them in city so cities are still worth to do it but people who dont get in get tiny amount also for zone captures.
Helpful links:

Install guide for Linux
Install guide for Windows
Offical RoR Discord

AUR package for WARAddonClient

-------------------------------------------------------------------
My Linux Gaming Videos

thomas1995

Post#4 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:10 am

I feel like people just want this game to have an even bigger gap Order / Destro ratio.
If you can fight your own realm, where is the '' Faction pride'' ?

Heard people want easy Sov gear by doing pve instances ? ( Let's queue last minute to not face opposition ! Great idea ! /s )

Tickets? for what ? Taking a keep or two? Feeling entitled to enter city ?

I feel people are often waiting to queue a little bit just to get maybe a pug or 2, Which makes your warband not find anyone. Maybe just maybe you queue'd too late? Maybe there is just not enough order players to fill all those destro players queuing? ( Don't tell me SOR numbers etc, we both know there is much more xrealmers playing destro and then playing order to just advance the campaign. City pops = destro mains logging back in )

I hope Dev team won't allow those changes.

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:32 am

I love the arguments what about realm pride then just switch realms. :lol:

AxelF

Post#6 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:56 am

Or 6) Have your guild create alts on both factions and play the underpopulated realm, improving the RvR experience for the whole server as well as guaranteeing you a place in every city instance, rather than just mindlessly zerging your way to a city and then complaining that there aren't enough enemies to kill.

senpair

Post#7 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:47 am

xpander wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:04 am my proposals:

1)Start T2 campaign right after City Queues are done. This way people have something to do at least who didn't get into the city

2) Make T4 zones give 1 invader/royal for the zone capture, so the crests aren't behind the wall . Lot of the time City happens when most of the population is not online. Maybe increase the SoV/Invader crest requirement and give a bit more of them in city so cities are still worth to do it but people who dont get in get tiny amount also for zone captures.
Totally agree with point 1, then cities can happen faster because the campaign has already started and it does give something to do outside of scenarios or PvE.
My original post isnt me trying to make armor easier to get, but I do believe a lot more people would be happier because then it wasn't like their whole day was thrown away and they still got something in the end rather than being locked out of a city that they had worked for (especially true for attackers.) And the balance of making invaders/sov harder to get then its still keeping the system balance. But I would only say make Sov harder to get because you can still get invaders from forts so it isn't the end of world if you dont get into city each time :P

senpair

Post#8 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:04 pm

Telen wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:32 am I love the arguments what about realm pride then just switch realms. :lol:
I have characters on both sides, but with the faction timer and only half an hour to get to city queue it would make my chances of getting any city nil. My complaints are more about people just logging for city and getting in over the people who have actually flipped the zones. ;)

But I do understand usually a lot of these complaints are usually realm pride related, but this isn't my case. I just want to play city on my main, regardless of side that day :(

Ads
Sulorie

Post#9 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:59 pm

senpair wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:04 pm

But I do understand usually a lot of these complaints are usually realm pride related, but this isn't my case. I just want to play city on my main, regardless of side that day :(
Then you have to be fast with queue and you get in. :)
This is the disadvantage on bigger side and we/you have to deal with it.
Dying is no option.