Recent Topics

Ads

City contribution as mdps

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Foofmonger

Re: City contribution as mdps

Post#11 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:13 pm

Tenhi wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:32 pm I made a Post about this weeks ago and was mainly told to shut up because I just dont want Healer and Tanks to get bags...

On Topic: It feels veeeery random. Being Top DPS/DB sometimes does nothing. Then again today I was 1st in DPS/DB and placed 6th and 9th in Stage 1 and 2, which seems fine-ish placing the Top Tanks/Heals above me seems ok. Then came Stage 3... still top dps/db (was champ) and placed 21st....

On a side note it feels like dying gives you negative contribution... that would also explain how ppl that afk in stomps get 1st and the other ppl that go out to die place lower.
I could see dying lowering contrib making sense, and why afking would be better in a losing scenario then actually playing.

Which also seems like if the system does work that way, it might be a good idea to review for efficacy. Again, we don't know it "does", but if it "did", then that seems like a fairly silly system.

Ads
bobolith

Post#12 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:48 am

To answer some of the follow up questions:

Yes im running as a AoE marauder. I cant say i see any overall difference if we stomp, are getting stomped, or if its an even fight. Overall i dont die more then the other players in my team.

Joshwa70

Post#13 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:57 pm

Nothing you do matters in city as a mdps...i had a million damage and 65 db's... never finished about 22. The system is borked, your only solice is at least you get medals for winning and losing.

wraithghost

Post#14 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:34 am

I just got more contribution in stage 2 AFK than getting top damage for stage 1 on an AOE engi, sounds as though its working just fine lol. The contribution should be based on something, the roll should be random. If you PUG a city because you play a class no one wants, getting stomped is bad enough, but now it seems just giving up gets you better rewards.

ChicagoJoe

Post#15 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:06 pm

I'm sure you realize but just to confirm, no dps is ever top damage dealer without being guarded and healed. Period. Even a pug group will target you and take you out if you are leading the kill and dps train. If they can't your warband is likely vastly outclassing your enemies and your kills are easy money.

Melee dps need guard especially. If you are performing that well you are standing on the shoulders of giants.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.