Recent Topics

Ads

City contribution as mdps

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
bobolith

City contribution as mdps

Post#1 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:32 pm

Hello. I have been playing a marauder in city sieges for a while now. Im usually top 1-3 when it comes to damage dealt and killing blows in all the city instances, no mather if we win or lose. But still i very rarely get above 15th place in contribution when rolling for bags. I usually end up around 20th place and because of that i have a very hard time to get any bags. Why is that? It feels pretty sad when i am top dps and basicly never get any bags. What else am i suppose to do as a dps character to get contribution then doing damage and killing enemies? Maybe you need to adjust something regarding contribution? Thanks.

Ads
Omegus

Re: City contribution as mdps

Post#2 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:44 pm

I've found that one-sided stomps tend to favour DPS players heavily, but the longer and more drawn out the fights are the more tanks and healers end up in those top spots as longer fights allow them to actually build up contribution from guard and healing.

Do you find that your generally wiping the opposition with little resistance or are you having multi-minute slogs over the objectives?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Foofmonger

Post#3 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:46 pm

I'm fairly certain it's 100% random. I've done work in cities and got 24th in contribution on my Mara, and I've gotten stuck in the wall and done nothing and got 1st in contribution.

It's just plain old RNG, there's no system (or if there is one, it may not be functioning properly).

Loans

Post#4 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:46 pm

As melee dps on order side I usually lose city (never won one), sometimes I have to afk because there's no point to play but I still get the bags, even staying afk.

rameden

Post#5 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:14 pm

Loans wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:46 pm As melee dps on order side I usually lose city (never won one), sometimes I have to afk because there's no point to play but I still get the bags, even staying afk.
Please don't afk in cities... If you get that butthurt about dying just don't queue
Too many alts to count...

Foofmonger

Post#6 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:19 pm

Loans wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:46 pm As melee dps on order side I usually lose city (never won one), sometimes I have to afk because there's no point to play but I still get the bags, even staying afk.
Whats your name in-game? I'd like to know when I get into a free win city.

Sarnai

Post#7 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:24 pm

I’m with Foof on this one. I have yet to find any sort of rhyme or reason to contribution on my WH. My role doesn’t really change much so I’m doing the same thing every siege and my contribution is always all over the place. Wiping, getting wiped, even fight, seems like a total crap shoot.
WH looking for gunbad left

Stkillinger

Post#8 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:14 pm

I've heard that aoe contribution counts very little. Are you running around as aoe mara?

On my engi I can get top damage done for a stage and top DBs and still get 23rd contribution. It makes zero sense how people below me get more, so I am thinking that the aoes giving significantly less contri is true.
Let's be friends until our enemy is defeated.

Ads
wraithghost

Post#9 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:15 pm

Same on my engi, forts are the same it is crazy if that is the case.

Tenhi

Post#10 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:32 pm

I made a Post about this weeks ago and was mainly told to shut up because I just dont want Healer and Tanks to get bags...

On Topic: It feels veeeery random. Being Top DPS/DB sometimes does nothing. Then again today I was 1st in DPS/DB and placed 6th and 9th in Stage 1 and 2, which seems fine-ish placing the Top Tanks/Heals above me seems ok. Then came Stage 3... still top dps/db (was champ) and placed 21st....

On a side note it feels like dying gives you negative contribution... that would also explain how ppl that afk in stomps get 1st and the other ppl that go out to die place lower.