Recent Topics

Ads

Please help SW

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
agemennon675

Please help SW

Post#1 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:35 am

Please give this class some love, I dont know if its a buff/rework/or party utility. Because right now no one wants a SW in their party and rightfully so, because it doesnt bring anything to the table. Thanks
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
anarchypark

Re: Please help SW

Post#2 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:01 am

I'm curious how many useless whine post costed for mara buff, and how far sw whines behind.
keep it up i guess.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

agemennon675

Post#3 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:11 am

anarchypark wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:01 am I'm curious how many useless whine post costed for mara buff, and how far sw whines behind.
keep it up i guess.
I wouldnt care at all if the end game gear could be acquired by other means except warband play, I think everyone can see that the most useless class is SW in a city, if you dont agree feel free to share why.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

drmordread
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:51 pm

How anyone can think that the SW is useless in WB play I do not know. Maybe a Melee /ASW is useless, but not a ranged SW.

100% uptime / spamable Heal Debuff
10 sec Armor Debuff
Ranged KD ( that destro still cry about and makes me smile every time I use it on em)
Minimal Crit bonus to entire party except the sw (Yeah destro cried too much on this and it got nerfed real bad destroying the class, but hey that's all destro players want, is to destroy all order classes)

So as I was saying; Ranged SW brings quite a bit to the game. But I guess y'all took the bait the devs laid out switching the SW from ranged to melee didnt you?
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

rrrutsss

Post#5 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:56 pm

drmordread wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:51 pm How anyone can think that the SW is useless in WB play I do not know. Maybe a Melee /ASW is useless, but not a ranged SW.

100% uptime / spamable Heal Debuff
10 sec Armor Debuff
Ranged KD ( that destro still cry about and makes me smile every time I use it on em)
Minimal Crit bonus to entire party except the sw (Yeah destro cried too much on this and it got nerfed real bad destroying the class, but hey that's all destro players want, is to destroy all order classes)

So as I was saying; Ranged SW brings quite a bit to the game. But I guess y'all took the bait the devs laid out switching the SW from ranged to melee didnt you?
All single target spells.
Whit the amound of players roaming around nowadays you as a single target ranged dps are just a waste of space in wb
even whit your spammable healdebuff and ranged kd

theeagleeye

Post#6 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:59 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:11 am
anarchypark wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:01 am I'm curious how many useless whine post costed for mara buff, and how far sw whines behind.
keep it up i guess.
I wouldnt care at all if the end game gear could be acquired by other means except warband play, I think everyone can see that the most useless class is SW in a city, if you dont agree feel free to share why.
The first person who replied won't say anything insightful. He/she/it made an effort to reply to a thread with zero input and indirectly called you out for complaining by saying "keep it up".

I know how you feel though. I was removed from an organized WB because I was the only SW. Leader said oh SW doesn't have aoe.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#7 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:03 pm

rrrutsss wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:56 pm
Whit the amound of players roaming around nowadays you as a single target ranged dps are just a waste of space in wb
I take it you haven't played the SW have you? Because. YES VIRGINIA, the SW has AOE. It does need some love from the devs, but the SW has LOTS of AoE! And they can even use some in the Assault build!

rrrutsss

Post#8 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:16 pm

drmordread wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:03 pm
rrrutsss wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:56 pm
I take it you haven't played the SW have you? Because. YES VIRGINIA, the SW has AOE. It does need some love from the devs, but the SW has LOTS of AoE! And they can even use some in the Assault build!
Trash aoe
Id rather take wh then rsw to wb

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#9 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:12 pm

I wonder if whine threads are started because people expect changes are coming soon and hope their whine thread will be coincidentally started in the same week as changes so they can take faux-credit over something that had been planned for weeks/months but hadn't been finalized yet. If anything however, whine threads are more likely to delay any work being done on your special snowflake class. This might also come with a reverse motivating effect from players who are scared of said class getting good and having the embarrassment of finally dying to them regularly, starting said whine threads to discourage devs from making changes at all.

In the end, we mostly ignore whine threads aside from marking down names of people to basically never take seriously or listen to when it comes to actual feedback.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

drmordread
Suspended

Post#10 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:12 pm

rrrutsss wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:16 pm
Trash aoe
Id rather take wh then rsw to wb
And you have a right to stick to that uninformed elitist epeen stroking newb opinion of the ranged SW all you want. A couple of ranged SW are always a welcome addition to any war band, from lakes to forts to city.