Recent Topics

Ads

Bane Shield (less-so Discordant Fluctuation)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
StaH84

Re: Bane Shield (less-so Discordant Fluctuation)

Post#31 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:37 am

Bane shield applies also only within 30 feet which accually is max 15feet from teammate. So You have to position yourself and use it accordingly. Its not fire and forget skill from accros the map.

And if it Has internal cooldown of 1s just need to be checked does it work properly.
"Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred Pennyworth.

And these men are:
Bjoorn Wanderer - Chaos Chosen - 40 - 68
Dasmarta - Greenskin Choppa - 40 - 39
Waladan - Dark Elf Disciple of Khaine - 32 - 32

Ads
Detangler

Post#32 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:02 am

Probably should fix bane shield to work how devs have claimed first and see how it affects the game before you go making changes to the way it works. I posted a screening on discord showing how its not working correctly and proccing way too much at once.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Wiede

Post#33 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:34 am

Question: If i stack e.g. 4 Kotbs with shield of the sun and hit them with an AoE... Do i get 4x reflect or only 1x reflect?

satanlol

Post#34 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:36 am

It’s proccing correctly, the problem is that you have buffed all 15 players with Dire Shield which means if your enemy does AoE he will get one proc if Dire Shield x15 every second due to internal cooldown. So it will proc 15 times per second because the enemy attacks 15 targets with Dire Shield.

The intended way is that it will affect your party only and limits the proc of your Bane Shield to x6 instead of x24 which is the recent cap.

This will in the end not change anything, now you will need four Chosens with Dire Shield instead of the one (two for 95% up time) you needed earlier to keep the damage going.

The internal cooldown makes the proc only hit ONE player per second. So if two players hit you blob at the same second only one will get the reflection back.

The elephant in the room is the 24-man AoE cap which makes this ability totally unbalanced. Not because you are buffing 24 players, it’s because the enemy hits 24 of your friends with the shield up.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#35 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:43 am

Each person has their own 1s ICD, when you have that buff on 24 players, it will still fire off 24 times each second. I had assumed this was already targeting the group based on the number of players hit in the screenshot, but it is indeed set to allies with Dire Shielding modifying the radius to 30'.

So this will get set to Group members, and everything should be fine. Clever players that stack on their Chosen in AOE will do maybe 600dps to a caster channeling on a full group of players. 24 players blasting a single caster because a Chosen hit a button isn't gonna work here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fey

Post#36 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:49 am

God forbid ranged dps, safely ensconced behind walls, out of detaunt range, should pay any kind of price for mindlessly spamming aoe in a keep defense. Gameplay just as mindless as slotting Resto burst, and spamming group heals in a keep defense.

Instead give both chosen and kotbs an aura that is a backlash for every enemy in the area that receives a direct heal. Like a gork's barbs aura. Make it so direct heals within 30ft will do 25% damage back to the healer. That will make things really interesting.

Internal cooldowns of 1 second render most proc based abilities mediocre at best. Especially ones that require a tactic slot to be worth anything. Once skull thumper and blurring shock get ICD procs will be completely useless. Thank you for your tine.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

StaH84

Post#37 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:53 am

Wow... One class of twelve have a skill to stop the rampaging rain of destruction from AoE BWs and its a problem. No more spamming from keep walls.

But seriously.

I think it should work on groupmates. I was certain it worked on groupmates only instead of allies.

Switching Dire shielding to group member only would solve a lot of "oppness" If Your WB is in one place on front of the keep door You will buff Your WB yes, but only if You have 4 chosen on each party with SnB the same built and call it to use the skill on chat or discord. Thats the only option.

In all other situations its hard to buff everyone from Your party or even allies. If You run scenarios or city You will have to be in 30f to trigger the buff. Its not an aura, it doesnt turn on when You are near You just have to use IT in good moment. And trust me its not always 30s....

And these men are:

timryden88
Suspended

Post#38 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:54 am

Oh boho so now you bright wizards cant stand in a blob and spam one button to wipe out destro anymore? Learn to adapt like the rest of us.

Working as intended.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#39 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:12 am

timryden88 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:54 am Oh boho so now you bright wizards cant stand in a blob and spam one button to wipe out destro anymore? Learn to adapt like the rest of us.

Working as intended.
It certainly isn't. Don't post ignorance, maybe read the thread first. This happened because of the AOE cap change. It's certainly not intended that you can instantly give 24 people a damage reflect shield. If you want to do the same thing after the patch, you'll need a Chosen in each group and a fair amount of coordination to keep your warband in range of the same AOE, rather than just pop it in the middle of randoms and nuke players mid-cast.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

StaH84

Post#40 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:20 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:43 am So this will get set to Group members, and everything should be fine.
I can agree with that but consider increasing the range od the buff to 50-60ft.

@wargrimnir can You confirm that within 30ft means You are in the center of the 30ft circle and its accually 15ft from the caster?

And these men are: