Recent Topics

Ads

Bane Shield (less-so Discordant Fluctuation)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
CeeJay89
Posts: 138

Bane Shield (less-so Discordant Fluctuation)

Post#1 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:52 pm

I'm going to make a real complaint about these skills. I believe they're overperforming. These two skills shut down any reasonable AoE from Order, at least as a Bright Wizard, when Destro is balling up.

I'm attaching a screenshot.

https://imgur.com/a/IsLjS9H

In the screenshot, between two or three Chosen, 2884 damage was taken in 3s.

It would take a great deal of healing to counter such absurdly high passive damage, and that was WITHOUT using Funnel Power, which would have increased that damage by a further...1250 or so (which I toggle off now because of these skills). Even with capped resists, it would reduce it by 17% to 20% more, making the damage 2400ish. This is also without even coming close to hitting max targets.

This doesn't require coordination, it doesn't require skill. It's a pop and forget skill combination. Is this intended? Does Destro believe that this IS reasonable? Because I'm not seeing it. I can't think of anything that justifies that amount of damage from popping a 17s buff with a 30s cooldown.

If someone can show a KotBS reflect performing similarly, I would agree it needs to be tweaked as well.
Last edited by CeeJay89 on Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
User avatar
CeeJay89
Posts: 138

Re: Discordant Fluctuation and Bane Shield

Post#2 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:16 pm

https://imgur.com/a/YiPqLlO

4272 damage in 3s. Very few Discordant Fluctuations.

User avatar
TsuSurf
Posts: 16

Re: Discordant Fluctuation and Bane Shield

Post#3 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:15 pm

Honestly, as a Chosen main defending my favourite characters rights to have a proper chance into wb play, I can’t just look at this and say nothing. I find this post personal and an attack towards the now suddenly “overperforming” chosen who has recently gotten a buff about 2 week ago? Maybe 3? with dire shielding that never ticked into teammates 30 ft away (short like guard range) while adding 7 more secs and only applying to 6 people. I just don’t get why your moaning about an abilitie and aura that is designed to screw Aoe bw’s and aoe engis since the very beginning , it’s just been made into a reality that.. Bane shield is now what is should be and in synergy with discordant fluctuation, aoe BW’s get destroyed lol even single target. It feels AMAZING to FINALLY be able to do something useful in large scale group play rather than just be a guard/assist/tank/aura bot. So please don’t take it upon yourself just cause support WB chosen players have found there groove upon group play and interrupting DD casters as a unique roll. Honestly it’s like people moaning about rampage on destro side, I personally have no problem with it and have learned how to deal and counter it, the ONLY real classes MEANT to counter rampages ONSLAUGHT of indefensible attacks, are tanks really, or a super defensive MDPS who is beefy af. you crawl and turtle up while going super defensive !! Snare him ! Buff your block! Parry !, knockdown, Outlast the rampage, put the ID on buffhead, so you KNOW when it’s happening (same thing applies for bane shield, fluctuation, just ID it if it’s a problem) I could mention how stupidly tough engis are as to how they just purposefully STAND there because they CAN with no GUARD tanking all my dmg while having insane turret dmg, healing barrel that can’t be destroyed and in fact gives pretty nice health ticks to not only you but mates also. While having nice AP sharing tactics that gives like 40 ap every 3 seconds near turret , crit chance for being nearby turret.. Got the best utilities almost. But do you see me moaning wanting a change ? Not really, I deal with it. I would advise maybe you do to. Sorry if this reply seems harsh, I’m just kinda tired of chosen constantly getting shat on and people wanting more nerfs on him, when he’s only just started to get his groove back.. None of the abilities you mentioned are a problem.. the problem is Casters for order are going to have to get use to the reality of a reflecting spirit dmg chosen.. we’ve had to endure Knights supremacy in group-play for a long time now, yet knights are still very good in large scale, even mid/small. The fact that dire shielding actually works now for chosen makes him more useful in synergy with fluctuation aura for WB play for the exact reason your getting destroyed by it because more chosen are running it, because why not ?
Who am I?

User avatar
CeeJay89
Posts: 138

Re: Discordant Fluctuation and Bane Shield

Post#4 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:21 pm

TsuSurf wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:15 pm
Honestly, as a Chosen main defending my favourite characters rights to have a proper chance into wb play, I can’t just look at this and say nothing. I find this post personal and an attack towards the now suddenly “overperforming” chosen who has recently gotten a buff about 2 week ago? Maybe 3? with dire shielding that never ticked into teammates 30 ft away (short like guard range) while adding 7 more secs and only applying to 6 people. I just don’t get why your moaning about an abilitie and aura that is designed to screw Aoe bw’s and aoe engis since the very beginning , it’s just been made into a reality that.. Bane shield is now what is should be and in synergy with discordant fluctuation, aoe BW’s get destroyed lol even single target. It feels AMAZING to FINALLY be able to do something useful in large scale group play rather than just be a guard/assist/tank/aura bot. So please don’t take it upon yourself just cause support WB chosen players have found there groove upon group play and interrupting DD casters as a unique roll. Honestly it’s like people moaning about rampage on destro side, I personally have no problem with it and have learned how to deal and counter it, the ONLY real classes MEANT to counter rampages ONSLAUGHT of indefensible attacks, are tanks really, or a super defensive MDPS who is beefy af. you crawl and turtle up while going super defensive !! Snare him ! Buff your block! Parry !, knockdown, Outlast the rampage, put the ID on buffhead, so you KNOW when it’s happening (same thing applies for bane shield, fluctuation, just ID it if it’s a problem) I could mention how stupidly tough engis are as to how they just purposefully STAND there because they CAN with no GUARD tanking all my dmg while having insane turret dmg, healing barrel that can’t be destroyed and in fact gives pretty nice health ticks to not only you but mates also. While having nice AP sharing tactics that gives like 40 ap every 3 seconds near turret , crit chance for being nearby turret.. Got the best utilities almost. But do you see me moaning wanting a change ? Not really, I deal with it. I would advise maybe you do to. Sorry if this reply seems harsh, I’m just kinda tired of chosen constantly getting shat on and people wanting more nerfs on him, when he’s only just started to get his groove back.. None of the abilities you mentioned are a problem.. the problem is Casters for order are going to have to get use to the reality of a reflecting spirit dmg chosen.. we’ve had to endure Knights supremacy in group-play for a long time now, yet knights are still very good in large scale, even mid/small. The fact that dire shielding actually works now for chosen makes him more useful in synergy with fluctuation aura for WB play for the exact reason your getting destroyed by it because more chosen are running it, because why not ?
Your bias is showing. One ability being capable of shutting down multiple specs ENTIRELY is overperforming. If you really believe that a single ability from a tank putting out more than 4k damage in 3s because an enemy simply used an offensive ability designed to deal with large groups isn't absurd, then I'm not sure where you head is. To top that off, to suggest "Hey, don't attack" is also about the most unintelligent thing I've ever heard. It's a 17s buff, with more than a 50% uptime. You're suggesting to NOT attack enemies for more than 50% of an engagement.

I'll wait for more relevant feedback. Good day.
Last edited by CeeJay89 on Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TsuSurf
Posts: 16

Re: Discordant Fluctuation and Bane Shield

Post#5 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:33 pm

No not multiple specs.. mainly yours lol. Discordant fluctuation only works on casters. It would not work on engis, so it renders it useless against them, in WB play, I don’t see there being any DPS am’s or DPS rp’s or even DPS WP’s so in reality the only real threat to discordant fluctuation is you, a spamming aoe bright wizard in the back who is use to doing it easy 😬 & if the chosen is close to his guardee that your also damaging from aoe, not only are you getting hit by 1 bane shield, but two lol and having resist aura, plus fluctuation aura.. dude your gonna have a bad day, your better of switching aoe to healers.. just don’t see the problem, you change targets if the chosen is reflecting dmg with fluctuation in synergy with bane shield + being by someone and popping bane shield with dire shielding tactic can be devastating against a poor self immolating bright wizard.
Who am I?

User avatar
TsuSurf
Posts: 16

Re: Discordant Fluctuation and Bane Shield

Post#6 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:34 pm

I’ve said what I wanted to say to defend my brothers
Who am I?

User avatar
CeeJay89
Posts: 138

Re: Discordant Fluctuation and Bane Shield

Post#7 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:35 pm

TsuSurf wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:33 pm
No not multiple specs.. mainly yours lol. Discordant fluctuation only works on casters. It would not work on engis, so it renders it useless against them, in WB play, I don’t see there being any DPS am’s or DPS rp’s or even DPS WP’s so in reality the only real threat to discordant fluctuation is you, a spamming aoe bright wizard in the back who is use to doing it easy 😬 & if the chosen is close to his guardee that your also damaging from aoe, not only are you getting hit by 1 bane shield, but two lol and having resist aura, plus fluctuation aura.. dude your gonna have a bad day, your better of switching aoe to healers.. just don’t see the problem, you change targets if the chosen is reflecting dmg with fluctuation in synergy with bane shield + being by someone and popping bane shield with dire shielding tactic can be devastating against a poor self immolating bright wizard.
As I said, I'll wait for more relevant feedback. Enjoy your no-brain, one button build in the meantime.

User avatar
TsuSurf
Posts: 16

Re: Discordant Fluctuation and Bane Shield

Post#8 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:37 pm

What feedback do you want ? You want someone to feel pity towards your squishy ness ? This is absurd. Clearly this is personal , and not for the well-being of the game, but yourself.
Who am I?

Ads
User avatar
CeeJay89
Posts: 138

Re: Discordant Fluctuation and Bane Shield

Post#9 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:43 pm

TsuSurf wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:37 pm
What feedback do you want ? You want someone to feel pity towards your squishy ness ? This is absurd. Clearly this is personal , and not for the well-being of the game, but yourself.
Bane Shield is not limited to magic damage. I'll let you figure it out. If you think your overperforming ability (the worse one working on all damage) is good for the game, and not just for yourself, then that's absolutely laughable.

User avatar
TsuSurf
Posts: 16

Re: Discordant Fluctuation and Bane Shield

Post#10 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:46 pm

I don’t think your reading my replies properly. I clearly stated discordant fluctuation works on casters (magic users) bane shield works on ALL forms of dmg that is correct
Who am I?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cseho and 7 guests