Recent Topics

Ads

[Engineer] Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Stkillinger

Re: [Engineer] Feedback

Post#11 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:48 am

wraithghost wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:35 pm Great to hear about that change, what about the wep skill and armor dissolve which are also terrible for the top set for grenade spec.
What would you suggest for changes to these two? Wep skill is a bit lackluster as all a gren engi does is stack BS to get through the toughness of some people, but what would be the alternative?

As far as armor dissolve goes I actually like it. It may not help you do more damage, but it will help the physical damage dealers in your group do more damage to most of the enemy WB as you can easily apply it with AOE. just wish it was on par with the 5 piece onslaught version.
Let's be friends until our enemy is defeated.

Ads
wraithghost

Post#12 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:36 pm

Tinkerer is support, and they have their set at the moment apart from the +2 rifle tree the sov set looks better for grenades even the vanq bonuses are better.

Grenade spec is about aoe corporeal damage. So anything along those lines. the dodge strike through is a start but I guess what I would wish for would be +range (10-15) instead of wep skill and what would be great would be a chance on hit to increase wounds on turret which also would heal it for that amount.

porkstar

Post#13 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:59 pm

Stkillinger wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:38 pm

Grenade spec is an aoe spec, it doesn't need auto attack haste at all.

This is especially true since, as far as I'm aware, engie will not auto attack on the move (correct me if i'm wrong here) which they SHOULD in grenadier spec. It's supposed to be mobile. Grenadier needs a mobile pet and better DoT sustainability such as dots reapplying at least 50% (if not higher %) of the time after being removed/ending. Grenadier could be so sexy.
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

rameden

Post#14 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:25 pm

wraithghost wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:35 pm Great to hear about that change, what about the wep skill and armor dissolve which are also terrible for the top set for grenade spec.
I think instead of changing the WS and armor dissolve they should just swap what tree the set bonus gives abilities in.

Currently I am mixing the Invader (4 Piece) + Warlord (5 piece) to get both of the WS bonus from each. This is the best mix I have found to keep BS capped while sitting around 700 WS. The Sov gear does give 6% armor pen bonus but the WS I get from mixing is above that. I think the warlord set should stay as a single target set by swapping what mastery the bonus is in.

Too many alts to count...

ChicagoJoe

Post#15 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:07 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:59 am
Stkillinger wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:38 pm The stuff about warlord set bonuses being kinda bad for a gren engi is accurate.

Grenade spec is an aoe spec, it doesn't need auto attack haste at all.

A lot of the warlord armor pieces also have auto attack haste for some reason. Replace them with +5ft range or something instead.

The armor debuff has somewhat a use, but it needs to be higher. Some WBs look for a gren engi with full onslaught that has the same effect except its 1050 armor reduction instead of the 800 armor reduction on the warlord set. If they buff it to 1050 its now as good as Onslaught at least. And it should be, its the end game set for a grenade engi.

As for turrets, I don't think its game breaking to let them have partial % aoe damage reduction. If your turret/daemon(magus) dies you lose a pretty good chunk of your damage because of the damage% buff. Grenade turret has a pretty good range on letting you keep the buff(think its around 100ft) but then it isn't close enough to the enemy to attack. The rifle turret you can place far back enough and be with it so I don't think that one has an issue. The flame turret should be tanky as hell being in the front line.
AA speed on warlord doesn't make sense, will be replacing it with dodge strikethrough for the phys rdps classes, similar to casters in that set.
Thank you for recognizing. I think all of his points are good so I hope you consider those as well. WS not as necessary for AOE. Survivability boost could help.

An indication that a class needs some modification is when some premade City WBs don't want them regardless of specs or gear. The flip side is when warbands stock up on certain classes they also may need some critical attention.

One other issue is that their Magus mirror gets the benefit of some good procs from 2H weapons that assist in cc or survivability. The extra damage on the 2 different weapons isn't as helpful and is a serious unfavorable difference not made up elsewhere. Maybe next dungeon weapon or SC weapon group you give a 2 1H set a boost that is the same as the 2H.
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

wraithghost

Post#16 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:25 pm

Seeing as everything is about morale bombs I don't see us getting more invites to top groups as our morales apart from M3 are not that great compared to BW. Our M2 is just too slow if it was same damage over 2 secs would help no end.

The M4 is just worse than the non tree M4 for grenade, it needs to be instant cast and do more damage maybe as a dot after or a ground effect that stack with napalm for people standing on it for a short amount of time. I don't get why the BW M4 is so much better with added morale drain on top of better damage with instant cast.

Starx

Post#17 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:10 am

wraithghost wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:25 pm Seeing as everything is about morale bombs I don't see us getting more invites to top groups as our morales apart from M3 are not that great compared to BW. Our M2 is just too slow if it was same damage over 2 secs would help no end.

The M4 is just worse than the non tree M4 for grenade, it needs to be instant cast and do more damage maybe as a dot after or a ground effect that stack with napalm for people standing on it for a short amount of time. I don't get why the BW M4 is so much better with added morale drain on top of better damage with instant cast.
Not everything is about morale bombs, but ya the engineer/magus m2 is kinda sad.

Engineer don't get invites because they dont bring the raw damage other classes do, they suffer heavily from how mobile you need to be in city fights, and they just dont have the utility to make up for this.

Turrets need to be addressed first before anything. This is where our mobility and clunkiness comes from, engineer might have the longest range of any class on order but that doesn't translate well at all into city because in city you are expected to do AoE specs, and if you actually look at AoE abilities on engineer you find that half of them are basically very short range/pbaoe skills that require you to be in melee range basically and lugging around a turret that basically will die in 2 seconds in that death ball you are in is just the definition of not fun.

Sure you can play at 65ft the whole time and puppy guard your turret but you just made a class that is already notorious for its bad damage even worse by not taking advantage of half your AoE kit. While also making yourself a prime target for destro backlines squad, you'll be pulled/squig pounced and dead in 3 seconds bc you were essentially out of position.

Abisbowa

Post#18 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:38 pm

I had this idea for Engi/Magus...

Empower/Upgrade should be either: on/off or have the stack number reduced to 4 for max effect.

I believe the spin-up time and the limited mobility is what hurts Engi/Magus the most. Maybe reducing the spin-up time would make the careers a more viable option while still maintaining the Achilles heel that is the turret.

Ads
wraithghost

Post#19 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:11 pm

Abisbowa wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:38 pm I had this idea for Engi/Magus...

Empower/Upgrade should be either: on/off or have the stack number reduced to 4 for max effect.

I believe the spin-up time and the limited mobility is what hurts Engi/Magus the most. Maybe reducing the spin-up time would make the careers a more viable option while still maintaining the Achilles heel that is the turret.
Did a city last night and you end up without any turret buff near enough the whole time unless u use the grenade one. the flame turret which is the one you should be using while getting into the thick of it instantly dies and has terrible range. I don't mind the wind up time if the turret wasn't made of paper and the immobility is the trade off for the damage you can't expect to have everything.

The turret not dying is the major issue, Maybe when BW's get hit by AOE they should lose all their combustion and slayers all their rage to even things up lol.