Recent Topics

Ads

Simple matchmaking rules

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
abezverkhiy

Simple matchmaking rules

Post#1 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:44 am

Please change scenario matchmaking. The code is to pick at least 2 healers, 2 tanks, and rest dps. I and most of players would agree to wait a bit longer in a queue to have appropriate group rather than have this:

https://imgur.com/a/hCuZaBA

You removed from the game leechers, spammers, botters to make game experience better. Please implement some simple matching rules - basic matching is a nessessity, a must have. Today this is a luxury achievable by playing in premades. FFS this is what turns me away from scenarios.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
abezverkhiy

Re: Simple matchmaking rules

Post#2 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:46 am

Another scenario where Order had 1 and Destro 0 healers. Destro lost.

https://imgur.com/a/zRgLW5w

Too early to make a point based on just 2 observations but I would bet my money that having zero healers is an almost guaranteed loss.

Foltestik

Post#3 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:28 am

you are to lazy to make 2-2-2 for yourself and you wanna to developers make it for you ?

abezverkhiy

Post#4 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:48 am

Foltestik wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:28 am you are to lazy to make 2-2-2 for yourself and you wanna to developers make it for you ?
you are too stupid to realize that making 2-2-2 faster if made by the system not player?

Foltestik

Post#5 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:12 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:48 am
Foltestik wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:28 am you are to lazy to make 2-2-2 for yourself and you wanna to developers make it for you ?
you are too stupid to realize that making 2-2-2 faster if made by the system not player?
maybe im, but i can make my own premade and dont cry to dev to make one for my

btw if you little search forum you will see that you are not first with this great idea, its like every week one topik like this

Sulorie

Post#6 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:40 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:44 am Please change scenario matchmaking. The code is to pick at least 2 healers, 2 tanks, and rest dps. I and most of players would agree to wait a bit longer in a queue to have appropriate group rather than have this:

https://imgur.com/a/hCuZaBA
No, most players disagree and prefer faster sc pops, as it is rather easy to ensure, that the scenarios are balanced - e.g. make a group.
Not to mention, that the number if healers and tanks matters less than the general quality if players in that sc. Good players would adapt to the lower heal numbers and play different.

Btw, it is entirely possible to upload screenshots with a higher resolution.
Dying is no option.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#7 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:51 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:44 am Please change scenario matchmaking. The code is to pick at least 2 healers, 2 tanks, and rest dps. I and most of players would agree to wait a bit longer in a queue to have appropriate group rather than have this:
That's wrong. There were more strict match making rules in the past and the players were unhappy cause of the long waiting times.
There is a scenario in t4 which guarantees 2-2-2 Setup (and no premade in it), but it never pops. So the evidence shows that most players don't agree with you.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

abezverkhiy

Post#8 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:45 am

Alright, 2-2-2 is probably a rigid criterium. But ensuring that at least 1 of each is represented should not slow things down big time.

The fact outlined above that topics like this one come up every now and then points at the issue. This is not something abstract as 'crabs should be a playable race', this is a real issue if brought frequently.

Also, leaving this weakness of matchmaking system untouched reduces number of players who queue for scenarios. Fixing it would encrease number of players and thus improve playing experience in general.

Ads
emiliorv
Suspended

Post#9 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:06 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:45 am Alright, 2-2-2 is probably a rigid criterium. But ensuring that at least 1 of each is represented should not slow things down big time.

The fact outlined above that topics like this one come up every now and then points at the issue. This is not something abstract as 'crabs should be a playable race', this is a real issue if brought frequently.

Also, leaving this weakness of matchmaking system untouched reduces number of players who queue for scenarios. Fixing it would encrease number of players and thus improve playing experience in general.
system cant fix players issues...actual matchmaking ensure that all roles are covered, but if the ppl refuse to join the SC the system cant fix it....if one side have more healers queuing is not a system problem...if you want more healers playing in your faction roll one yourself.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=36617&p=399817&hil ... ng#p399817

abezverkhiy

Post#10 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:37 pm

already rolled. rr62 wp. but i also want to play other classes.