Recent Topics

Ads

Change name of Oppresor 's Emblems

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
DoomedDragon

Change name of Oppresor 's Emblems

Post#1 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:24 am

To Vanquisher's Emblems just for consistency to all previous tiers of medalions/emblems :D

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Change name of Oppresor 's Emblems

Post#2 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:59 pm

The gear set is Oppressor. Spending Vanquisher Emblems on Oppressor gear would confuse more people.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

DoomedDragon

Post#3 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:21 pm

Well it seems to work fine in the previous tier, with conqueror medallions into conqueror set and conq emblems into Dominator set?

Foofmonger

Post#4 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:23 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:59 pm The gear set is Oppressor. Spending Vanquisher Emblems on Oppressor gear would confuse more people.
This is true. However on this topic, what I'd really like to see is more then just a name change myself. I'd much rather not lock gear sets behind specific pieces of content. So I'm about to go off topic:

Here's what I'd like to see:

1. All gear purchasable by the same "type" of token. Remove emblems completely, allow for the purchase of all PVE gear.
2. All content now drops medallions.
2. Gear is now grouped in "tiers", you can purchase any of the armor sets within a given "tier" (so for instance, vanquisher, oppressor, and sentinel), using the exact same token.
3. Wards are now in for all "tiers" of gear, not particular sets. You only need to complete a "tier" of gear, and you can mix and match from different sets (so as long as you have 6 pieces of that tier, you don't need to get all 6 pieces of the same set).

Now you can play the game how you want. You want to do ORVR? You can get whatever gear you want. You want to do SCs? You can get whatever gear you want. You want to do PVE dungeons? You can get whatever gear you want.

The current system is lame, and is a relic of gaming mechanics from the mid 00s. Even the live version of WAR had more flexibility at the end then the current system. There's 0 reason to force people to do SCs when they want to do ORvR, or to force them to do ORvR or PvE when they want to do SCs. Let the players decide what content they want to play, and reward them for it.

zachary

Post#5 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:43 pm

The GMs have repeatedly said that unifying currencies won't happen - giving out gear is the only carrot they have to encourage people to explore new content (PvE, RvR, SCs, etc) so they're going to use it to its fullest to that end.
Xand*r*nius is still trying to Learn To Play

Frigzy

Post#6 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:45 am

zachary wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:43 pm The GMs have repeatedly said that unifying currencies won't happen - giving out gear is the only carrot they have to encourage people to explore new content (PvE, RvR, SCs, etc) so they're going to use it to its fullest to that end.
Well that is some bullshit reasoning right there.

If your content is not enticing enough to let curiosity be the driver for player participation, no carrot is going to improve that player experience. You're only going to put strain on an experience that is merited solely by the level of entertainment gained from it.

You're basically gambling with your player retention for the sake of a nonsensical desire for a spread in player interest.

If you want to make players interested in certain content. make it inherently worthwhile. If it's not worthwhile, no amount of carrots will make it so, but forcing players through it will surely not help in long term player retention.

I think Foofmonger has a very valid point and I fully support his idea.

As for the OP.. well, sure, but I'd prefer a structural overhaul over a cosmetic one :)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:29 am

Frigzy wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:45 am
zachary wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:43 pm The GMs have repeatedly said that unifying currencies won't happen - giving out gear is the only carrot they have to encourage people to explore new content (PvE, RvR, SCs, etc) so they're going to use it to its fullest to that end.
Well that is some bullshit reasoning right there.

If your content is not enticing enough to let curiosity be the driver for player participation, no carrot is going to improve that player experience. You're only going to put strain on an experience that is merited solely by the level of entertainment gained from it.

You're basically gambling with your player retention for the sake of a nonsensical desire for a spread in player interest.

If you want to make players interested in certain content. make it inherently worthwhile. If it's not worthwhile, no amount of carrots will make it so, but forcing players through it will surely not help in long term player retention.

I think Foofmonger has a very valid point and I fully support his idea.

As for the OP.. well, sure, but I'd prefer a structural overhaul over a cosmetic one :)
Shockingly, the actual reasons are slightly more nuanced than that blatantly bullshit reason. But you got the answer you were looking for so you could slam down that indignant customer card, so mission accomplished I guess.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog