Recent Topics

Ads

[Shadow Warrior] - Ranged Proposal

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
NSKaneda

Re: [Shadow Warrior] - Ranged Proposal

Post#61 » Sat May 09, 2020 6:34 pm

saupreusse wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:02 pm I dont want to remove it. read again :)
Got defensive at the begining, you're right ofcourse :) I still stand by RnS being spammable with CQ tactic and might be viewed as OP with high enough crit chance to back it up. Matter for testing.

saupreusse wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:02 pm it had some uses. like for example applying all dots + armor debuff and then use steady aim + rapid fire. or as you said, fester bomb. I find the first situation is really not worth it most of the time and only works against solo targets that are running away. If my proposal is nerfing fester bomb too much there could simply be a chance to crit increaser be added to festerbomb.
Personally I think Fester Bomb is an abomination one lvl above mSH ;) However removing handicaps from those skills would give old m2 burst potential to one side only. With rSH having to coordinate debuffs, squig frenzy, squig burst and m3 to get that oooomph and rSW having that burst potential half a rotation away... A bit of realm disparity, wouldn't you say?

saupreusse wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:02 pm I'd say either cast on the move or flat percentage value. Having both seem a little OP to me.
It might, It might not. Im just gonna show you that 35% armor debuff isnt as strong as it sounds in the beginning. much less so against targets that naturally have low armor.
example:
2000armor * 0.35 = 700armor debuff
2500armor * 0.35 = 875armor debuff
3000armor * 0.35 = 1050armor debuff
3500armor * 0.35 = 1225armor debuff
4000armor * 0.35 = 1400armor debuff

As you see, against already squishy targets (around 2500armor) the armor debuff wont really be buffed by a lot. above 3000armor is where it really starts to hurt. would give sw and sh more burst against armor stacking targets and not rely on a wl/mara to debuff so much. If its castable on the move doesnt really matter that much. but having access to it in skirmish stance does and I very much disagree with stance dancing when all it is doing is locking you out of your skirm rotation.
I see your point. As for on the move cast... SWs have to change stance and cast. SH has to stop for that looooong cast time and risk getting caught. Like I've written before I often omit armour debuff from rotation because it takes too long.. I would love to have both % and cast on the move. It's just the fact that I can hear QQ cries once it goes live that keeps me from supporting this with all my heart :)

saupreusse wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:02 pm You have forgotten about squig herdas ;) Shadow step to friendly target sounds cool, I'd limit it to party members though. Just to keep realm balance and retain high usability of this proposition.sry mate but squiggy has all slots in path of squig shooting already in use :( . also squigs cool ability in there is run away which is also found a lot further down than the new ability i introduced... so i guess its just fair :^)
I see your point, fair enough. Cool factor on SWs would go sky-high...
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads