Recent Topics

Ads

Fix the incredibly flawed Invader Set acquisition design

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
User avatar
Minisynn
Posts: 4

Fix the incredibly flawed Invader Set acquisition design

Post#1 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:35 pm

Hi folks,

So I've just been having a big discussion in-game with a lot of players about this, and many seem to be in agreement that the acquisition of the Invader Set is just inherently broken.

Just as a brief explanation, Invader Tokens which allow you to purchase the Invader Set come from Forts and Cities when your character is lower than RR70. After this point, you'll start receiving Royal Crests for this content.

Not a big deal so far, right? Wrong! The problem is that each Invader set piece is a requirement to equip the equivalent set piece of the Sovereign set (Royal Crest gear)

Why is this an issue?

Well I'm sure like me, many of you have been told to rush rush rush levelling your RR to 50 after you hit max level CR! Well the problem is, now you've got 19 Renown Ranks to earn enough Invader Medallions (220) for the ENTIRE Invader set, or you won't be able to wear the Sovereign Set.

This wouldn't be an issue if there was a downward conversion for Royal Crests in the same way that there is for every other token in the game, but there is no downward conversion.

Once you've hit RR70, you'll ONLY be able to complete your invader set by being online and getting into a Fort, then winning said Fort, and then getting the Gold Bag reward from said fort for #1 contribution, and then getting lucky enough to get an Invader piece in this bag that you don't have!

Surely some of you ex-World of Warcraft players out there know how insane it is to lock the only pathway to endgame gear behind a GIGANTIC RNG wall.

You're literally being punished for playing your character before RR70 outside of Forts and Cities because speed levelling will lock you out of the endgame gear. I've never before played a game that actively punished me for playing my character.

This doesn't reward skill, or dedication, or time played. It rewards complete dumb luck, being online at the right times, and artificially gates your character progression forever behind an insanely low-chance RNG wall. It's antithetical to a reward system, and everyone who progresses their character quickly will be punished by this.

Please please please look at this issue and solve it, it makes absolutely no sense and I know this has been discussed on here before but it's a glaring hole in game design that shouldn't exist.

Some solutions could include giving a 1-1 RC > IM conversion, or rewarding a small amount of Invader Tokens from forts and cities as well as Royal Crests after RR70.

Thanks for reading.

Ads
carlos1103
Posts: 48

Re: Fix the incredibly flawed Invader Set acquisition design

Post#2 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:52 pm

RR72 here with full invader gear, your argument is invalid.

User avatar
CountTalabecland
Posts: 607

Re: Fix the incredibly flawed Invader Set acquisition design

Post#3 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:58 pm

I think there was already a post on this. Had rr 70 in the title, scroll down forum and you will see it. Devs said no, to save you some reading.

Edit: There it is, dev post on page 3

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37325

Though I agree with you and plenty of others agree with you. Only advice is make an alt or log in to check campaign only and log off if no fort.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/74) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/35) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/81) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

User avatar
Minisynn
Posts: 4

Re: Fix the incredibly flawed Invader Set acquisition design

Post#4 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:24 pm

@Carlos well done on limiting your character playtime to only playing forts and cities between rr60 and 70, unfortunately I actually want to play my character and my point is absolutely not invalid

@CountTalabecland Yeah I read the other post about it, but it's an issue that deserves to be pressed so I just wanted to jump in with the other voices hoping for a change.

rrrutsss
Posts: 43

Re: Fix the incredibly flawed Invader Set acquisition design

Post#5 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:54 pm

carlos1103 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:52 pm
RR72 here with full invader gear, your argument is invalid.
Got 4 x 70+ and 1x 80+and none have full invader.
Your argument is invalid here

nat3s
Posts: 289

Re: Fix the incredibly flawed Invader Set acquisition design

Post#6 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Right now getting Sov is easier than getting Invader. I understand why people want to reverse that... One alternative would be to embrace it and make Invader the best set in the game and Sov second best.

You can't balance a system where Sov can be reliably farmed (due to city instances meaning high pop doesn't work against you) where Invader cannot (3.5k pop with only 300 spaces for a Fort).

I suspect this is why the devs tried a fort stress test a week ago, they might be thinking about fixing the situation by allowing more into a fort... It still won't fully address the situation though, EVERYONE can queue for a city, forts will always be limited to a select few and therefore much harder to farm.
Destruction - Pain and Pleasure Guild

Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr80 Mara
rr6x AM, Sham, Choppa

carlos1103
Posts: 48

Re: Fix the incredibly flawed Invader Set acquisition design

Post#7 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:10 pm

rrrutsss wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:54 pm
carlos1103 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:52 pm
RR72 here with full invader gear, your argument is invalid.
Got 4 x 70+ and 1x 80+and none have full invader.
Your argument is invalid here
Not my fault that you dont have it :D

User avatar
Minisynn
Posts: 4

Re: Fix the incredibly flawed Invader Set acquisition design

Post#8 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:17 pm

carlos1103 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:10 pm
rrrutsss wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:54 pm
carlos1103 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:52 pm
RR72 here with full invader gear, your argument is invalid.
Got 4 x 70+ and 1x 80+and none have full invader.
Your argument is invalid here
Not my fault that you dont have it :D
Correct, it's a problem with the design of the game which is exactly what we're complaining about - just because you got lucky or didn't mind literally not playing your main character 99% of the time until you got full Invader doesn't mean it's not an issue for a large amount of players

Ads
Demetrios
Posts: 12

Re: Fix the incredibly flawed Invader Set acquisition design

Post#9 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:11 pm

Minisynn wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:17 pm
carlos1103 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:10 pm
rrrutsss wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:54 pm


Got 4 x 70+ and 1x 80+and none have full invader.
Your argument is invalid here
Not my fault that you dont have it :D
Correct, it's a problem with the design of the game which is exactly what we're complaining about - just because you got lucky or didn't mind literally not playing your main character 99% of the time until you got full Invader doesn't mean it's not an issue for a large amount of players
And the fact that server crashes are routinely deleting any progress you do make and the failure of the staff to fix those issues make it so much harder

carlos1103
Posts: 48

Re: Fix the incredibly flawed Invader Set acquisition design

Post#10 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:00 pm

Minisynn wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:17 pm
carlos1103 wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:10 pm
rrrutsss wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:54 pm


Got 4 x 70+ and 1x 80+and none have full invader.
Your argument is invalid here
Not my fault that you dont have it :D
Correct, it's a problem with the design of the game which is exactly what we're complaining about - just because you got lucky or didn't mind literally not playing your main character 99% of the time until you got full Invader doesn't mean it's not an issue for a large amount of players
I played a lot of SCs and did dungeons so :roll:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: OldSparky and 21 guests