Recent Topics

Ads

Adjusting Scenarios for Fun and Profit

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Aetas

Re: Adjusting Scenarios for Fun and Profit

Post#11 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:29 am

admanb wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:18 am
Aetas wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:41 am I can't help but feel like the coming Thunder Valley nerf will just increase queue times for people. If someone is on a losing streak, what is the advantage for them to queue more scenario? Next to nothing. At least I know that I will not be queuing for it unless on destruction and the destruction queues are long enough with the population imbalance.

This seems like a solution in search of a problem.
The Thunder Valley nerf seems inevitable, which is why I think it's important for the less valuable scenarios to be buffed.
Yeah, I just don't want to see it get nerfed to the extent that the other ones are where you get like 1 emblem for a loss. That's not incentivinzing participation

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:18 am

You guys really prefer sc, where you can win without seeing an enemy once, not surprising at all.
Dying is no option.

ganjamansion

Post#13 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:42 pm

I'm quite happy with the length of most scs, except TV ofc which is over far too quickly, if you are just getting stomped and the opposition isn't doing the objective you can always surrender. It sounds to me like you are asking for compensation for an inevitable nerf to a SC that is clearly out of whack. I'd rather we incentivize winning over participation, otherwise you'll get a ton of people joining then going afk so they can collect their "participation" prize.

jokerspsycho

Post#14 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:15 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:18 am You guys really prefer sc, where you can win without seeing an enemy once, not surprising at all.
I wouldnt say I prefer it, but it is by far the best SC when running solo.

Think of it this way, u soloQ into a premade vs ur pug team. Prolly gonna lose. Might be drawn out with evenish score, might be a 5m stomp.

5m stomp, u get jack for exp and renown, close match u get decent exp and renown for loss.

TV, u get good exp and rr for losing ( close to the winner, some I've actually gotten more) and the game is 5-7m from Q pop to loading back into IC.

Even if u run a premade, unless order isnt you could still likely get more exp/h in tv.

admanb

Post#15 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:28 pm

Again I feel I was very clear that my goals are to bring the average scenario up to the level of Nordenwatch, which can turn into a one-sided stomp as easily as any other scenario if players don’t participate or fight poorly. I don’t like TV at all.

Sulorie

Post#16 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:04 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:15 pm
TV, u get good exp and rr for losing ( close to the winner, some I've actually gotten more) and the game is 5-7m from Q pop to loading back into IC.
So barely any incentive to winning? Don't you see what is wrong with it? The game should reward team play, not running away from fights. Anyone trying to win more, can form groups in /5. Or do you think for those stomps in midtier sc disc/ts is required?
Dying is no option.

jokerspsycho

Post#17 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:30 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:04 pm
So barely any incentive to winning? Don't you see what is wrong with it? The game should reward team play, not running away from fights. Anyone trying to win more, can form groups in /5. Or do you think for those stomps in midtier sc disc/ts is required?
Would benefit more from putting the ranked matchmaking system (requiring tanks, dps, and healers) into soloQ. Team play is grand and all, but getting matched with 1 healer vs 4, 3 games in a row, isnt fun. Where in TV I can still get decent exp when our team comp sucks.

Sure anyone can form a premade, no one said you couldnt nor did I say you need comms to do well, not sure where you keep getting these assumption from. But if I have 1h to play, I don't want to spend 20m getting a group together. I want to play, which again brings me back to the original point in this post.

I prefer good matches all around, but the preference of TV isnt from wanting to not fight, it's from wanting to get the best exp/h when I cant spend 6+h a day on a video game. When I get a block of 2-3h, sure i can make a premade and get a good win %, I enjoy not running TV when I'm in a premade because it's boring.

Detangler

Post#18 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:57 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:30 pm
Sulorie wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:04 pm
Would benefit more from putting the ranked matchmaking system (requiring tanks, dps, and healers) into soloQ. Team play is grand and all, but getting matched with 1 healer vs 4, 3 games in a row, isnt fun. Where in TV I can still get decent exp when our team comp sucks.

Sure anyone can form a premade, no one said you couldnt nor did I say you need comms to do well, not sure where you keep getting these assumption from. But if I have 1h to play, I don't want to spend 20m getting a group together. I want to play, which again brings me back to the original point in this post.

I prefer good matches all around, but the preference of TV isnt from wanting to not fight, it's from wanting to get the best exp/h when I cant spend 6+h a day on a video game. When I get a block of 2-3h, sure i can make a premade and get a good win %, I enjoy not running TV when I'm in a premade because it's boring.
This. All of this.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads