Recent Topics

Ads

new server or tier split.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
boomcat
Suspended

new server or tier split.

Post#1 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:41 pm

is this something dev will soon consider? all tiers from 2-4 is a damn stalemate now.. with this kind of numbers, its impossible to flip zones on pure siege, both realms runs to zones where sieges are going to get contri/loot... when siege fails, "because to many players" they go to the other zone, but both realms follows. so that will be another stalemate, this is just for zones,, then for forts, its impossible to take it as attacking side "to many players" "to small doors" so you get fort/city if the other side decide to trow it. typical when a city would follow after.. Just today we had entire day been stuck in Ostland. really ?? a T2 keep.. i like the game is alive and all and good fights, but the majority of players will drop if no progression can be achivet, and this is whats happing now.. devs can say they dont want to split pop but with this state for longer time they dont have to. people will leave. :/ if not a new server then consider some tier split again.. we all seen how many goes afk, with 300 attackers or deffenders. not fun gameplay.
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Ads
Stkillinger

Re: new server or tier split.

Post#2 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:14 pm

I'd be all for splitting T2/3 from T4. We have the numbers now for it. And you are correct with everyone funneling one zone, they take a look at their SOR addon and go to wherever they see their faction at. Attackers wipe in Praag, they all decide to go Thunder Mountain, they then wipe there and go to another zone. This happens again and again even though split pushing would solve this but nobody wants to miss out on their rewards. Stale Mates are not fun in any way. Honestly the most progress I see is when the server is dead because usually only one side has enough to actually siege or put up a fight, but then you get stuff like city sieges happening during the dead time.

On the topic of t2/t3. If these are going to stay apart of the latter half of the rvr campaign can they at least matter? They in no way affect the direction of the campaign map because they weren't meant to, but right now I couldn't care less about who wins or losses these zones, I just want them to flip as fast as possible so we can get to the zones that will make an impact.
Let's be friends until our enemy is defeated.

EsthelielSunfury

Post#3 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:06 pm

Stkillinger wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:14 pm ...I couldn't care less about who wins or losses these zones, I just want them to flip as fast as possible so we can get to the zones that will make an impact.
This is what bothers me right now. They have no value to the campaign whatsoever, fixing the RvR bracket would help with not only everyone going to the same two zones, but also providing a better new player experience for people to learn Keeps and how sieges work by fighting more viable enemies rather than the ones who simply ignore whatever they do.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:38 pm

Another one of these threads.

We like the current implementation of T2+
Zones aren't intended to flip fast, but realm wide coordination changes that.
We have some more work to do with Forts in the future.
Not opening another server.

Everything answered again? Cool.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog