Recent Topics

Ads

Rampage rebalancing.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grobi00F

Re: Rampage rebalancing.

Post#21 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:36 pm

teiloh wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:51 pm
Harrwin wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:46 pm Big bouncing its not an overperforming skill, and for the others you just listed 3 class combo to make one ability hit harder. You said overperforming ability, not 3 class combos, which order can do aswell. The talk was about one class.
It is. Compared to Mara/WL, it costs 20/35 AP per second, has a 8 vs 13s cooldown, and is core vs 13x.

Sorc rotations on their own (IW, two tick Shadow Knives or GON, etc) are a lot stronger than anything the BW can do especially in bombs.

Then there's GTDC which not only has a cancerous pull but also channels a ton of undefendable damage. A 300-500 ID tick isn't that threatening.
What ton of damage does GTDC do? You get 400-500 damage every 2 seconds for a total of 3x 400/500, its a skill that can easily get interrupted by taunts/punts/you name it.

Ads
teiloh

Post#22 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:39 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:27 pm lets see, we have "rampage isn't that OP cause tanks still absorb tons of damage, and you shouldnt be hitting them anyway" and ALSO "if you nerf rampage, the slayer class becomes unplayable."

WHICH IS IT?

Also, "but if you use rampage you drop your rage." Aaaaand 5 seconds later you're back in the yellow with 15 seconds of undefendable damage left. Lots of downsides to that mechanic, sure sure.

Has anyone here defending rampage actually played a defensive tank vs. 3+ slayers in a warband situation? You cant block the damage, you can't block guard on your squishy friend, and your lifebar just drops. Invader gear makes this even worse....
Rampage is good for what it does and its costs. Removing a good ability and turning it into a **** one (like restricting it to 2h) significantly reduces a class' overall effectiveness. Is that well understood? Speaking a bit for the other poster here, but that's not quite the "gotcha" you hoped it'd be.

So what is your effective block rate sans-Rampage? We need that to calculate how much more damage you're taking. And you're complaining about AOE damage as Destro? lol, try playing Order where a Sorc can laser gun you and 23 of your friends on -360 spirit resist.

teiloh

Post#23 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:43 pm

Grobi00F wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:36 pm
Harrwin wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:46 pm Big bouncing its not an overperforming skill, and for the others you just listed 3 class combo to make one ability hit harder. You said overperforming ability, not 3 class combos, which order can do aswell. The talk was about one class.
It is. Compared to Mara/WL, it costs 20/35 AP per second, has a 8 vs 13s cooldown, and is core vs 13x.

Sorc rotations on their own (IW, two tick Shadow Knives or GON, etc) are a lot stronger than anything the BW can do especially in bombs.

Then there's GTDC which not only has a cancerous pull but also channels a ton of undefendable damage. A 300-500 ID tick isn't that threatening.
What ton of damage does GTDC do? You get 400-500 damage every 2 seconds for a total of 3x 400/500, its a skill that can easily get interrupted by taunts/punts/you name it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBd2718dGok

That's nowhere near 400-500 damage every 2 seconds. Also, you're saying Order should interrupt not just Choppas channeling AOE, but Destro also says to simply interrupt Big Bouncin which is on a 8s timer, oh and also Wrecking Ball, etc. GTDC has a massive AOE and does a **** ton of damage, I guess any Choppa can feel free to prove me wrong with DPS logs showing what % of their damage is GTDC.

adamthelc

Post#24 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:44 pm

It just needs to be tweaked.

It shouldnt automatically go through morales or things that are supposed to give 100% chance to defend. So maybe give it 75% strikethrough.

You shouldnt be able to have 100% parry and 100% strikethrough. So maybe make it so you cant parry while rampage is up, but dont touch chance to dodge or disrupt.

I dont know if undefendable damage actually makes guard damage undefendable, but if it doesnt that is also a problem. Changing it to 75% should also fix that if it's actually an issue.

You can keep the essence of the ability intact and cut down on some of the over the top aspects of the ability.

Another thing you could do is give it a 10 second duration and take away the exhaustive aspect of the ability or something similar.

Ekundu01

Post#25 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:47 pm

adamthelc wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:44 pm
I dont know if undefendable damage actually makes guard damage undefendable, but if it doesnt that is also a problem. Changing it to 75% should also fix that if it's actually an issue.
It does, taken directly from wiki page here. "Undefendable damage retains its undefendable typing when handled by Guard. This means that Guard damage from undefendable attacks like Cleave cannot be defended against."
Trismack

teiloh

Post#26 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:47 pm

adamthelc wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:44 pm It just needs to be tweaked.

It shouldnt automatically go through morales or things that are supposed to give 100% chance to defend. So maybe give it 75% strikethrough.

You shouldnt be able to have 100% parry and 100% strikethrough. So maybe make it so you cant parry while rampage is up, but dont touch chance to dodge or disrupt.

You can keep the essence of the ability intact and cut down on some of the over the top aspects of the ability.

Another thing you could do is give it a 10 second duration and take away the exhaustive aspect of the ability or something similar.
It "feels bad" to have someone hack right through your CM, but then again nerfedbuttons Choppas knock my WH on his ass all the time through my 5/30s Repel, it happens. You could just straight up replace it with another x5 ability like Witch Elf armor ignore or Marauder Mutated Aggressor. Believe me the tears would flow hot.

Grobi00F

Post#27 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:49 pm

teiloh wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:43 pm
Grobi00F wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBd2718dGok

That's nowhere near 400-500 damage every 2 seconds. Also, you're saying Order should interrupt not just Choppas channeling AOE, but Destro also says to simply interrupt Big Bouncin which is on a 8s timer, oh and also Wrecking Ball, etc. GTDC has a massive AOE and does a **** ton of damage, I guess any Choppa can feel free to prove me wrong with DPS logs showing what % of their damage is GTDC.
Go to the RoR career Builder, click on the skill and it will tell you how much base damage the skill does and that it does 400-500 damage (roughly) every 2 seconds depending on your STR. The reason you see those high damage numbers is that GTDC can crit too like ID and other skills.

EDIT: The Skill you are seeing doing ton of damage is "Bring it On" (which the Slayer has too) not Git to da Choppa, GTDC does supbar damage and is even a damage loss since it's 400-500 damage for 2 GCD's

Last edited by Grobi00F on Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

adapter
Suspended

Post#28 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:50 pm

Rampage should be slotted way up in the mastery tree and low it's 100% bypass defenses down to 35%
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
Illuminati

Post#29 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:00 pm

I would put it as a 13 point ability in the 2H tree so that you can’t get it and ID without build sacrifice or +2 mastery. At the same time I would reduce its duration to half so there is not capability to reach full damage while its up. Spell breaker sucks anyway.

In Rampages place, I would give Slayer the AP gain exhaust ability the Choppas have and modify it to +200 AP instead of +100 for both classes.

To balance it, I would modify GTTC in this way,

Increase the cooldown to 30s. Increase the speed buff to 40% (20% is worthless as most people are snared by 20%). Make it defendable.

My 2 cents...
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

teiloh

Post#30 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:08 pm

Grobi00F wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:49 pm Go to the RoR career Builder, click on the skill and it will tell you how much base damage the skill does and that it does 400-500 damage (roughly) every 2 seconds depending on your STR. The reason you see those high damage numbers is that GTDC can crit too like ID and other skills.

EDIT: The Skill you are seeing doing ton of damage is "Bring it On" (which the Slayer has too) not Git to da Choppa, GTDC does supbar damage and is even a damage loss since it's 400-500 damage for 2 GCD's
That's 400-500 without tactics or your Rage mechanic. In reality it hits soft targets for 700ish without a crit, and by soft target I mean BWs/AMs who are fully geared for mitigation and -not- armor debuffed.