Recent Topics

Ads

WE/WH Balance Proposals (looking for feedback before submission)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
shoelessHN

Re: WE/WH Balance Proposals (looking for feedback before submission)

Post#91 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:01 pm

Your suggested changes are basically "Buff my WH, nerf the WE, wahhhh".

Ads
Nrrrdking

Post#92 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:48 pm

Jazlizard wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:32 pm That being said, right now it feels like we have all of the glass, but not nearly enough of the cannon. I've seen arguments about why we shouldn't be able to kill healers in 1v1 situations and that simply causing them to focus on themselves is enough and I strongly disagree. To me if I find an unguarded or otherwise unsupported healer and open up on them from stealth, they should die. This to me is our ideal situation and if we can't win there, then might as well play something else.

If you are a squishy class without a guard and I manage to get to you in stealth you should die if your team can't kill me first or otherwise disable me somehow. I accept that I may die for my kill, that's the trade off. We have a few limited escape tools, and if I'm skilled enough or if my healer(s) can keep me up past the kill, or a tank guard me then awesome.
My WE is only lvl 34 but this is exactly the gameplay experience I would like to see at max level. I don't mind dying a lot or having to be tactical if the WE were actually able to bring down a solo healer or other vulnerable enemy reliably.

In my current experience it's easier to take down a tank that is out of position than it is to solo an unguarded, separated healer that is just focusing heals on self.

I would like the WE/WH to be more feared if not the most feared 1v1 class. Right now it's they're mostly ignored or relegated to picking on PuGgles and undergeared/leveled players for the occasional pity kill where you die almost immediately afterwards anyway.

Also, it strikes me as odd that the OP "balance" proposals includes stripping off the WEs few useful abilities. Are WEs even considered dangerous on the Order side?

Sulorie

Post#93 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:03 pm

Nrrrdking wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:48 pm

My WE is only lvl 34 but this is exactly the gameplay experience I would like to see at max level. I don't mind dying a lot or having to be tactical if the WE were actually able to bring down a solo healer or other vulnerable enemy reliably.

In my current experience it's easier to take down a tank that is out of position than it is to solo an unguarded, separated healer that is just focusing heals on self.

I would like the WE/WH to be more feared if not the most feared 1v1 class. Right now it's they're mostly ignored or relegated to picking on PuGgles and undergeared/leveled players for the occasional pity kill where you die almost immediately afterwards anyway.

Also, it strikes me as odd that the OP "balance" proposals includes stripping off the WEs few useful abilities. Are WEs even considered dangerous on the Order side?
You don't regularly lead the kill/dmg scores in midtier sc with your WE?
Dying is no option.

jokerspsycho

Post#94 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:21 pm

Nrrrdking wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:48 pm
I will say, again as someone who has played both we/wh, if you cant kill someone in light/medium gear with all your utility up (stun, vanish, etc) either you are undergeared and have no talismans, or they have their character geared to the teeth and tali'd up. I can normally engage on a sorc, rsh, choppa, mara if they arent hella tanky, or magus with open>seekers>stun>torment>bal and do the walk away BaL finisher. This is while lvling tho and I try and keep at least +16 in my gear and I'm sure most of them dont have reduced crit traited so I have around 25% crit on them with that plus my 13%. Not sure how it will play out at max lvl. Being able to open, hit hard, vanish and put a second stealth opener on a target can melt someone that isnt expecting it