Recent Topics

Ads

WE/WH Balance Proposals (looking for feedback before submission)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
jokerspsycho

Re: WE/WH Balance Proposals (looking for feedback before submission)

Post#31 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:10 pm

teiloh wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:44 pm
dirnsterer wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:18 pm Kisses should be returned to non icd state if any touching to already rather underwhelming finisher arsenal is to be made.
What's the ICD on kisses these days?
I read 2s but would love confirmation from someone more seasoned.

Ads
Xergon

Post#32 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:13 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:56 pm
Xergon wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:37 am
Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:24 am It might be surprising to you but WE/WH can get sov just fine outside of meta warbands.
by solo queueing for about 143 times just to get 3 royal crests every instance, yeah good one man good one...

i'm so happy that i had chance to grind sov out on WH while it was 'playable' in warband meta...
Not really, I see them doing top kills and dmg and getting multiple gold bags in a won instance, which gives a lot crests on a high star city.
PS: After nerf patch.
And I bet against top enemy like fmj, PNP or even Lob/Exodus

Also top dmg/kills doesn't matter for contribution, I've seen afk tank getting gold bag...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Sulorie

Post#33 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:40 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:13 pm
Not really, I see them doing top kills and dmg and getting multiple gold bags in a won instance, which gives a lot crests on a high star city.

Also top dmg/kills doesn't matter for contribution, I've seen afk tank getting gold bag...
You don't have to fight top premade warbands, when you play a niche class for warband gameplay. You make it sound like some classes have a hard time to get sov, which is not the case. Queue as 6-12man and try to get in some pug instance and you can have fun, even if you don't know what other ppl you get.
Dying is no option.

Xergon

Post#34 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:59 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:40 pm

You don't have to fight top premade warbands, when you play a niche class for warband gameplay. You make it sound like some classes have a hard time to get sov, which is not the case. Queue as 6-12man and try to get in some pug instance and you can have fun, even if you don't know what other ppl you get.
Oh thats a secret, thanks for advice... keep living in that state of mind...

Your logic is: I can kill AFK lowbie as Deftard Tank therefore Deftard Tank is viable DPS class...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Sulorie

Post#35 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:59 pm

Your logic is: I can kill AFK lowbie as Deftard Tank therefore Deftard Tank is viable DPS class...
Not sure what you have read in my post, it wasn't too complicated.

I said, that you don't need meta dps classes for rvr end content, unless you encounter a premade warband full of those meta classes.

You assume that one gets 3 crests per siege, because you always lose, which is simply not true.

WE/WH/SW and other (now) less popular classes for warband fights can get their gear just fine. You don't lose anything by not getting invites to said guild warband. Got it? :P
Dying is no option.

jokerspsycho

Post#36 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Xergon wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:59 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:40 pm

I think he is mainly saying, "it can be done." So he isnt necessary wrong, but I hope he isn't using that thought to say we/wh dont need any adjustments because balancing should be done with high tier lvl of play in mind imo.

Issue I see with the class is people say it is a 1v1 class, but isnt the best at 1v1 and isnt great for wb play so we just stuck in some weird spot of viable for mid tier play but not for people pushing the top ends of play (not that top end would never touch either class, but others can do what we do but better)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#37 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:21 pm

SaintRon wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:42 am
Why not make it so any class killed by a WH/WE can't be rezzed for 30 sec to a minute? (not the last hit, but within a few seconds of their execute going off)

You'd give them a definite purpose in WB vs WB fights with how much rezzing there is. This purpose would also be thematic from a gameplay and lore standpoint.

Overall - anyone who claims that WE/WH don't need buffs needs to get out of T1 or just quit BSing.
Now that's a suggestion that isn't dripping in tears. Good job. I bet we could inflict a terror debuff on killing blow that lasts 30 seconds.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

teiloh

Post#38 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:26 am

imo, a terror debuff should probably be tied to a tactic or ability if implemented. I think otherwise it'd be extremely oppressive.

Ads
kryss

Post#39 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:59 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:21 pm
SaintRon wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:42 am
Why not make it so any class killed by a WH/WE can't be rezzed for 30 sec to a minute? (not the last hit, but within a few seconds of their execute going off)

You'd give them a definite purpose in WB vs WB fights with how much rezzing there is. This purpose would also be thematic from a gameplay and lore standpoint.

Overall - anyone who claims that WE/WH don't need buffs needs to get out of T1 or just quit BSing.
Now that's a suggestion that isn't dripping in tears. Good job. I bet we could inflict a terror debuff on killing blow that lasts 30 seconds.
Not sure if war is serious or.. but if he is, it could be a great, great addition to the usefulness of WE/WH in cities. Maybe yeah, tie it to a core tactic for more balance. Still, the morale drain nerf is an issue because WHs were one of the very few ways order can counter the huge morale bombing plays from destro. I hope sweeping razor will be buffed a bit, to hit at least 5-6 targets

teiloh

Post#40 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:29 am

IMO since Morales are on the table for review, builders/drains should be looked at as well.

Morale building/drains would fit WH, Knight, AM, Shadow Warrior, WL and SM thematically as an answer to Mara, SH, BO, Sham, Zealot, Chosen.