Recent Topics

Ads

WE/WH Balance Proposals (looking for feedback before submission)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
sighy

Re: WE/WH Balance Proposals (looking for feedback before submission)

Post#11 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:16 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:11 pm
Arcrival wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:05 pm
jokerspsycho wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:56 am

I find the forums ironic with this. People always claim, "this isnt a 1v1 game so they won't balance around it."

Then people ask for buffs so we/wh can be useful in wb settings and get, "lol what do you expect, it's a solo 1v1 class, why would it do well in aoe?"

One or the other. Class should be good at one of the two.
Heh right as many posts that I have read about balancing classes it amazes me at how many people have actually discouraged people from playing the WE/WH. If you have a game with all these unique classes and you get posts that says "Don't waste a year of your life playing this class" That is a HUGE red flag that says hey maybe we need to spend some more time looking at this. I am not saying that DEV's aren't looking at it or if they have time but with alot of changes being posted in and patched in These 2 classes need to be put at the top of the list.

So keep coming up with ideas and making suggestions post it in the proposal section maybe the squeeky wheel gets the oil. I'd like to see some of the top WH/WE players to get a compilation of the total fails and consensus of the bare minimum changes that need to happen as of yesterday. When people post though it gets so convoluted from people chiming in or throwing in trash it gets hard to follow.
+1

Would love to hear what they actually want for we/wh. Do they want us to be good at ST solo roam? Warband? Good at one ok at the other? Etc.
The fact that we basically don't have any place, in warbands, when the top two tiers of endgame gear recquire it is a fail of it's own merrit.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#12 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:28 pm

sighy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:16 pm
The fact that we basically don't have any place, in warbands, when the top two tiers of endgame gear recquire it is a fail of it's own merrit.
I think adding some kind of conversation rate for emblems to medallions (2E=1M maybe) just so if they want to keep certain classes viable in small scale ( asw, we, wh) they can still gear.

I'm curious to how the gear from 6v6 will stack up to SoV gear. If it is kind of equal, then that will open up balancing to not only WB but small scale. Sure you will get gearing done easier of you could do both, but at least you could get end game tier gear off 6v6. This is yet to be determined tho.

sighy

Post#13 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:41 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:28 pm
sighy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:16 pm
I think adding some kind of conversation rate for emblems to medallions (2E=1M maybe) just so if they want to keep certain classes viable in small scale ( asw, we, wh) they can still gear.

I'm curious to how the gear from 6v6 will stack up to SoV gear. If it is kind of equal, then that will open up balancing to not only WB but small scale. Sure you will get gearing done easier of you could do both, but at least you could get end game tier gear off 6v6. This is yet to be determined tho.
It would make the issue less unbarable, however it would remain as great as ever. Why should we be unable to get the top tier of gear or participate, in the endgame?

Joshwa70

Post#14 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:54 pm

I dont understand why you cant get endgame gear. I solo que on my we all the time and get wins and losses. And why would a wh get a ranged aa? They are mdps

jokerspsycho

Post#15 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:51 pm

Joshwa70 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:54 pm I dont understand why you cant get endgame gear. I solo que on my we all the time and get wins and losses. And why would a wh get a ranged aa? They are mdps
I dont think they need a ranged aa personally, bould be nice to have a ranged builder to use if a target is out of AA range since we dont really have an effective slow if the player is strafing. Cloud at least build combo points.

Sulorie

Post#16 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:24 am

It might be surprising to you but WE/WH can get sov just fine outside of meta warbands.
Dying is no option.

Tsuna92

Post#17 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:43 am

Post this thread in the "Proposals" section.

I can only agree with your proposals.

Maybe add the following :
- Make hroud of Magnus/Seal of Destruction/Sanctified Oil not on the same CD. ( same for WE)
Or
- Make Sanctified Oil a Baseline skill. (same for WE)

-After Openers give 30%dmg for 3/5 sec and 20% move speed for 3/5sec.
Last edited by Tsuna92 on Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tsuburn RR81 BW

teiloh

Post#18 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:07 am

Thanks, I wanted to see what everyone thought of them and then revise before officially making it a proposal

Ads
Xergon

Post#19 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:37 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:24 am It might be surprising to you but WE/WH can get sov just fine outside of meta warbands.
by solo queueing for about 143 times just to get 3 royal crests every instance, yeah good one man good one...

i'm so happy that i had chance to grind sov out on WH while it was 'playable' in warband meta...

To the topic.

If we really want to stay on track to restrict WH/WE from having easy access to AoE (which i disagree strongly), then maybe atleast give some hard access to AoE, for example, give 1 or 2 more AoE finishers. For a start TrialByPain/RuthlessAssault would be interesting AoE Channel, which could synergize with BlessedBullets tactic proc.

Also, i think WH/WE is the only class in game which has same 1:1 mirrored self buffs (Shorud,Sea,Oil/Elixirs) but in different mastery paths. AoE WE can benefit a lot from PierceArmor + ElixirOfInsanePower, while WH to gain access to similar ArmPen selfbuff, needs to spec on 3 mastery paths...
Last edited by Xergon on Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

SaintRon

Post#20 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:42 am

Arcrival wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:05 pm
jokerspsycho wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:56 am
sighy wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:54 pm Our "class nishe" is an obsolete playstyle, which no longer has a place, in the game of big aoe and instant resurrections
But as previously mentioned ST is worthless, in the current state of the game.
I find the forums ironic with this. People always claim, "this isnt a 1v1 game so they won't balance around it."

Then people ask for buffs so we/wh can be useful in wb settings and get, "lol what do you expect, it's a solo 1v1 class, why would it do well in aoe?"

One or the other. Class should be good at one of the two.
Heh right as many posts that I have read about balancing classes it amazes me at how many people have actually discouraged people from playing the WE/WH. If you have a game with all these unique classes and you get posts that says "Don't waste a year of your life playing this class" That is a HUGE red flag that says hey maybe we need to spend some more time looking at this. I am not saying that DEV's aren't looking at it or if they have time but with alot of changes being posted in and patched in These 2 classes need to be put at the top of the list.

So keep coming up with ideas and making suggestions post it in the proposal section maybe the squeeky wheel gets the oil. I'd like to see some of the top WH/WE players to get a compilation of the total fails and consensus of the bare minimum changes that need to happen as of yesterday. When people post though it gets so convoluted from people chiming in or throwing in trash it gets hard to follow.

Why not make it so any class killed by a WH/WE can't be rezzed for 30 sec to a minute? (not the last hit, but within a few seconds of their execute going off)

You'd give them a definite purpose in WB vs WB fights with how much rezzing there is. This purpose would also be thematic from a gameplay and lore standpoint.

Overall - anyone who claims that WE/WH don't need buffs needs to get out of T1 or just quit BSing.