Recent Topics

Ads

WE/WH Balance Proposals (looking for feedback before submission)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Skald

Re: WE/WH Balance Proposals (looking for feedback before submission)

Post#71 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:48 am

Twohandernoob wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:43 am SoD is in a bad place and needs a buff.

It's advantage over blessed blade is that it does not take up a tactic slot and is usable instantly without need to refresh.

However the duration is so short and the major drawback is it puts your sanctified oil and/or shroud on CD. You burn your bridges so to speak for 7 seconds of increased AP. Unless you have a suicidal playstyle it has limited use. I tend to use it when I know I can escape easily, otherwise I keep the vanish to hand.

Giving it a longer duration would make it more tempting to use.
I think 10 seconds would make it much better, without making it too powerful.

Ads
Twohandernoob

Post#72 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:57 am

Skald wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:48 am
Twohandernoob wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:43 am SoD is in a bad place and needs a buff.

It's advantage over blessed blade is that it does not take up a tactic slot and is usable instantly without need to refresh.

However the duration is so short and the major drawback is it puts your sanctified oil and/or shroud on CD. You burn your bridges so to speak for 7 seconds of increased AP. Unless you have a suicidal playstyle it has limited use. I tend to use it when I know I can escape easily, otherwise I keep the vanish to hand.

Agreed! I think you have to put it in the balance forums as a suggestion.

I did it once before and Torq changed the old terribad reflect seal into the awesome new vanish oil so may be worth a go.

Skald

Post#73 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:27 pm

Twohandernoob wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:57 am

I did it once before and Torq changed the old terribad reflect seal into the awesome new vanish oil so may be worth a go.
Doesn't hurt to try. What did you think about those other two Inquisition proposals, by the way?

Twohandernoob

Post#74 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:46 pm

Skald wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:27 pm

Doesn't hurt to try. What did you think about those other two Inquisition proposals, by the way?
Burn heretic is completely useless, you should never spend an accusation on it. So it needs a rework.

If we buff this dot should be careful to not buff it too much near to BAL as:
1. Don't need 2 competing powerful dots.
2. powerful dot in the EW tree may be overpowered.

So would need to make it slightly buffed or preferably give it some king of debuffing property which would fit in the tree nicely.

I like the other bubble idea.

Melkoroth

Post#75 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:53 pm

The thing with shared CD's on Seals is nuts. Vanish is a must IMO and to burn it's cooldown with other ability is just not worth it in general.

So you just spec high into a tree just to get Blesses Blade >.<
Ettenhard Abarca - Witch Hunter

Skald

Post#76 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Twohandernoob wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:46 pm
Skald wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:27 pm

Burn heretic is completely useless, you should never spend an accusation on it. So it needs a rework.

If we buff this dot should be careful to not buff it too much near to BAL as:
1. Don't need 2 competing powerful dots.
2. powerful dot in the EW tree may be overpowered.

So would need to make it slightly buffed or preferably give it some king of debuffing property which would fit in the tree nicely.

I like the other bubble idea.
Yeah, I think a debuff would fit the tree more thematically. The obvious choice would be armour, but perhaps a wound debuff would be more fitting (120 with the tree maxed out or whereabouts). That could be tied to the 5-point tactic, which would perhaps also slightly increase the damage.

If not that, it could perhaps increase the AP cost of abilities used (similar to Choking Fury).

Twohandernoob

Post#77 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:13 pm

Melkoroth wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:53 pm The thing with shared CD's on Seals is nuts. Vanish is a must IMO and to burn it's cooldown with other ability is just not worth it in general.

The most straightforward way to buff SoD is to remove the shared cooldown.

It's instantly useful now.

With SoM/sanctified oil they're both defensive and sometimes you prefer one or another is better depending on what's trying to blow you up. They should continue to share CD's otherwise too many escapes.

jokerspsycho

Post#78 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:14 pm

Melkoroth wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:53 pm The thing with shared CD's on Seals is nuts. Vanish is a must IMO and to burn it's cooldown with other ability is just not worth it in general.

as a WE, I am often jealous that WH vanish, kd, and bal are in the same tree lol.

Reducing the shared cooldown (would rather it be removed) I dont think would be that bad but not sure how it would interact with the normal cd on their side.

Meaning using armpen cd, lasts for 10s and cd 1m would put vanish on cd for 30s instead of 1m. Vanish cd would still be 1m if it is the primary skill used and would put armpen cd on cooldown for 30s.

Really wish we disrupt and vanish changed spots or all of them mirrored wh placements xD
Last edited by jokerspsycho on Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#79 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:18 pm

Skald wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:12 pm
Yeah, I think a debuff would fit the tree more thematically. The obvious choice would be armour, but perhaps a wound debuff would be more fitting (120 with the tree maxed out or whereabouts). That could be tied to the 5-point tactic, which would perhaps also slightly increase the damage.

If not that, it could perhaps increase the AP cost of abilities used (similar to Choking Fury).
Iirc most people dont use HRT on WE because the wound buff is off the top, meaning u do 1k damage and reduce wounds by 100, for example, it is still just 1k damage and his max hp is lowered which if you are going for burst or overall damage, it's kinda meh. Maybe cooldown increase for more disruption? Idk but feel like armor wouldn't be as big with armpen cd and BB traits for wh

Skald

Post#80 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:23 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:18 pm
Skald wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Iirc most people dont use HRT on WE because the wound buff is off the top, meaning u do 1k damage and reduce wounds by 100, for example, it is still just 1k damage and his max hp is lowered which if you are going for burst or overall damage, it's kinda meh. Maybe cooldown increase for more disruption? Idk but feel like armor wouldn't be as big with armpen cd and BB traits for wh
Yeah, I was thinking that actually, since a wounds debuff needs to be on-demand if it's gonna be useful - builiding up accusations before it does anything meaningful might make it very cumbersome to use.

Cooldown increase might do the trick, yeah - that or the AP increase similar to Choking Fury. Or if we want to go in a completely different direction - have the tactic make Burn Heretic! spread on targets in the 30FT radius on target's death or something similar? Although that's potentially a double-edged sword (breaking roots and staggers). And yeah, armour debuff probably doesn't make sense, especially in the tree with SoD.

On the other hand, it would be handy to have some purpose in bigger fights - and that could maybe fill that need.