Recent Topics

Ads

Morale damage needs a heavy tunning down.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Korsario

Morale damage needs a heavy tunning down.

Post#1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:26 pm

Its so easy and brainless to mroale 2 push everywhere, can we please heavy reduce morale damage or make it defendable? It Feels really terrible to isntantly die to brainless morale push that youc an get under 2 minutes.

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Morale damage needs a heavy tunning down.

Post#2 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:27 pm

In an open RvR situation, unless morales are heavily coordinated, they tend to stagger, which is more than manageable for most healer.

In forts, I can see your point.

In cities, again, requires coordination.

I wouldn't suggest a flat reduction of damage across the board however, that just wouldn't make sense and would hurt people who are organised more than anything. Which IMO should be rewarded.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Korsario

Post#3 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:31 pm

Problem is coordinating on voice chat is really not hard. and Damage being totally undefendable is out of whack. waitign 2 minutes and sayign drop morale is to easy.

Kaelang

Post#4 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:33 pm

Korsario wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:31 pm Problem is coordinating on voice chat is really not hard. and Damage being totally undefendable is out of whack. waitign 2 minutes and sayign drop morale is to easy.
I appreciate that, but with the majority of players using zergs and PUG groups, it gives the premades / coordinated groups an advantage and ability to outplay.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Korsario

Post#5 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:39 pm

Disagree coordinated warbands got hgue advantages as it is! Leave Morales to be tactical buffs/situational, Undefendable Nukes from Orbit ar eno fun.

EsthelielSunfury

Post#6 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:51 pm

Korsario wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:31 pm Problem is coordinating on voice chat is really not hard.
Now you really messed up. I dislike the gameplay about just waiting to fill a bar and going in using every single CD you got to destroy hundreds per second, but this is simply untrue. If voice was easy, everyone would be speaking and helping - this is a myth in every single PvE/PvP game that I've ever played. 80% are muted which is zero help in any game that requires callouts and coordination.

I do agree with your initial thought, but voice is not relevant. And I disagree with tune downs, I don't like that game design - it irritates me to no end to simply buff/nerf numbers until someone is happy with it. Too many games do it and die from it.

galaxgal

Post#7 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:23 pm

Surely there are more fun ways to reward coordinated play than 'everyone piss around until a meter is full and then do an undefendable mass damage bomb'?

Fey

Post#8 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:54 pm

Defensive Morales have already been nerfed into the ground which discourages varied gameplay. No RP is going to run 10 second Mountain Spirit. No Zealot is going to run 10 second Eye of Sheerian. Every healer runs Focused Mind and shats out groupheal. That sucks and is boring.

Proc meta has been nerfed into uselessness, so the crit meta had to be toned down. It's always nerf this cause I got one shot. You are dumbing down the unique ability mechanics that makes this game unique. Go play wow if you don't like morale dumps, or git gud.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Korsario

Post#9 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:22 am

Fey wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:54 pm Defensive Morales have already been nerfed into the ground which discourages varied gameplay. No RP is going to run 10 second Mountain Spirit. No Zealot is going to run 10 second Eye of Sheerian. Every healer runs Focused Mind and shats out groupheal. That sucks and is boring.

Proc meta has been nerfed into uselessness, so the crit meta had to be toned down. It's always nerf this cause I got one shot. You are dumbing down the unique ability mechanics that makes this game unique. Go play wow if you don't like morale dumps, or git gud.
NO, Its that undefendable brainless unga bunga damage is stupid and has no palce in this game.

Fey

Post#10 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:04 am

Coordinating a proper morale drop is brainless eh? I wish you a long and happy life.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan