Sulorie wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:42 am
Mistdancer wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:02 pm
There is no 1(one) initial mistake. There are many and consecutive. And yes mistakes happen. BUT, adopting the logic that regardless of how many mistakes or mishandles have been done in the past, people "just need to calm down"
while another experimental move will wipe their time investment yet again, and then another and another, is a recipe for disaster. No, people do not need to calm down because they are not at fault in the first place. They invest time and they expect at least some semblance of continuity even in an alpha/WIP system. Even at this status this is not a laboratory. It is a pastime. We need to remember that.
In any case, everytime massive changes like this happen, people should be given the opportunity to get refunds on gear.
You "expect" something, you want be rewarded for your "time investment"? Where are coming from to demand anything?
You should feel ashamed for even making such a post.
You had the chance to use nice looking gear on items for many years, which only had this appearance, because people wanted fashion hammer, despite the rather small item pool back then, which is understandable.
Anyone with at least some brain cells knew, that things have to change, when more sets are being released.
You used your gold to look good for a period of time, be grateful about it.
You can expect a list of all appearance swaps to have it easier to see, where your favourite appearance went. The devs don't owe you anything more.
They spend their spare time to rebuild this game, you only consume their work for your enjoyment. You want to value your time commitment higher than theirs? Get your entitlements in check.
1) People expecting to retain most of their time investment, is not expecting to be rewarded for their time investment. They invested their time as they saw fit and got what they choose to get from what was available to them. That is called playing. Nobody is expecting extra
2) Giving feedback is not making demands. Take your moralist, righteous, guilt-trip tirade elsewhere. If it is someone who should feel ashamed it is you, suggesting that people must silence themselves just because they don't pay subscriptions. Opinions and feedback on experiences are not the same as customer demands nor are they something that derives from paying. Plus, this forum is EXACTLY the place for that.
3) Way to go calling people idiots without brain cells because they share their thoughts and express their discomfort that things got massively changed overnight. When someone plays a game, of course they do not think that the experience is everlasting and eternal. That is a long way though from becoming a constant laboratorial trial and error
. Get it straight.
4) We are grateful for a bunch of things here. Being grateful does not mean shutting the hell up about things we feel could be different. False dilemmas do not progress things. We don't need them. Thank you.
5) You have a very twisted notion of what entitlement is. Nobody owes anything to anyone
here. The managing/dev team do their great work and we as players provide the necessary
community for this work to flourish in an active environment. Each play their part. You present it like we wish devs are our slaves or like we should be their test subject. Please. You are not contributing anything constructive here. You are just heralding pseudo ethical principles.