Recent Topics

Ads

Can we not put enemy keeps near opposing warcamps?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jazlizard

Can we not put enemy keeps near opposing warcamps?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:55 pm

I'm not sure where this mechanic started, but can we not have enemy keeps start off next to opposing war camps?

On some maps is not so horrible, but there are several where the opposing keeps starts off right outside your war camp. This makes zero sense, and often makes it extremely easy for attackers to keep reinforcing while defenders have to run all the way across the map.

A simple request that hopefully most can agree on.

Ads
navis

Re: Can we not put enemy keeps near opposing warcamps?

Post#2 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:05 am

The keep ownership changes so as not to be the same all the time. Repetition in this game is a concern and most players from early days will appreciate that this ownership is as it was originally.

Glorian

Post#3 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:06 am

Nope. We can't agree on that. Instead of fix keeps the keeps are now random assigned. Making the tactical situation more interesting if you attack the zone for 625th time.

Kaelang

Post#4 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:10 am

I think a lot of people like the RNG aspect of it, to ensure that meta strategies aren't developed and abused until the end of time.

I like the challenge, and I also appreciate the ease at times too.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Sulorie

Post#5 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:30 am

Jazlizard wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:55 pm I'm not sure where this mechanic started, but can we not have enemy keeps start off next to opposing war camps?

On some maps is not so horrible, but there are several where the opposing keeps starts off right outside your war camp. This makes zero sense, and often makes it extremely easy for attackers to keep reinforcing while defenders have to run all the way across the map.

A simple request that hopefully most can agree on.
There were tunnels added near each sides warcamp to teleport basically to the other side of the map closer to the keep.
Those tunnels can be found in t2 elf zones or kadrin valley.
Dying is no option.