Recent Topics

Ads

Throwing zones and suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
M0rw47h

Re: Throwing zones and suggestions

Post#11 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:13 am

Thats the reason I've suggested adding Warlord medalions and turning Warlord set into oRvR set. I still think introducing RR70+ oRvR set, even if it's would be a bit weaker than Warlord (e.g. no 8 pc bonus), where people would get medalions only for wining zones would be great for campaign. It still should require Invader ward.

Ads
Starx

Post#12 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:28 am

M0rw47h wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:13 am Thats the reason I've suggested adding Warlord medalions and turning Warlord set into oRvR set. I still think introducing RR70+ oRvR set, even if it's would be a bit weaker than Warlord (e.g. no 8 pc bonus), where people would get medalions only for wining zones would be great for campaign. It still should require Invader ward.
Just keep warlord as it is, add warlord tokens and reward them for a successful fort defense, allow warlord tokens to be broken down into invaders and you wont see anyone throwing forts ever.

Introducing a set thats potentially more powerful than invader from just ORvR would make the jank gear progression even worse. I do agree tho its kinda a travesty that warlord is an obsolete set.

anarchypark

Post#13 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:55 am

you guys thinking there should be reward for fighting is wrong from first place.

I have no perfect answer but those are secondary reward.
first is fun.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#14 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:12 pm

There have been people quite literally yelling in /t4 or /2 about "just give up, let them win, let them take X" who have been silenced. Mindset or not, active toxic behavior like this is dealt with by GM's. If you don't want to see that level of throw-to-win, report it, and we will be happy to at very least keep chat channels clean, and people silenced.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

StrongUn

Post#15 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Grock wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:04 pm Throwing zones will continue for as long as throwing zones gives better (and more reliable) rewards than defending them.

Locking end-game loot to last-stage campaign means everyone is incentivized to chase the last stage campaign. Its not longer a struggle between two factions to win the zone and get rewards - its a cooperation to bring last stage closer because those are the real rewards.

It will continue for as long as Invaders/Royals are limited to Forts/Cities.
Adding them to regular zone rewards will solve part of the issue.
+1

StrongUn

Post#16 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:33 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:12 pm There have been people quite literally yelling in /t4 or /2 about "just give up, let them win, let them take X" who have been silenced. Mindset or not, active toxic behavior like this is dealt with by GM's. If you don't want to see that level of throw-to-win, report it, and we will be happy to at very least keep chat channels clean, and people silenced.

1 - Order locks Praag then Chaos Wastes and finallyyy -> FORT (4 - 6 Medals + possible roll bag)
2 - Order locks Praag then Destro locks Chaos Wastes aaaand NO FORT (0 - 1 Medals)

As a rr70+ player, you are forced to play forts to get invader for ToK unlock and be able to use Warlord/Sovereign, what would you choose?

M0rw47h

Post#17 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:02 pm

StrongUn wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:33 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:12 pm There have been people quite literally yelling in /t4 or /2 about "just give up, let them win, let them take X" who have been silenced. Mindset or not, active toxic behavior like this is dealt with by GM's. If you don't want to see that level of throw-to-win, report it, and we will be happy to at very least keep chat channels clean, and people silenced.

1 - Order locks Praag then Chaos Wastes and finallyyy -> FORT (4 - 6 Medals + possible roll bag)
2 - Order locks Praag then Destro locks Chaos Wastes aaaand NO FORT (0 - 1 Medals)

As a rr70+ player, you are forced to play forts to get invader for ToK unlock and be able to use Warlord/Sovereign, what would you choose?
Call the guild, prepare ram suicide squad so our doors ain't going down. Watch delicious tears in chat and toast?

Grock

Post#18 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:23 pm

You can do that, but the underlying issue is that any player eventually comes to a point when they need to farm Invader, and they inevitably realize that defending pre-fort zone is counter-productive to their personal progression. They may not be calling for throw in public chat, but regardless of that they have no real incentive to actually defend.

It is many times more counter-productive for them if there's a chance of city after that fort as well, because City gives even better rewards.

The only way to fix it is to restructurize the rewards and at least add Invader tokens to regular zones at high RR and lower Fort rewards so they are in-line with regular zones.

City Sieges and their "opening" mechanics also need a rework because in current form its also part of the problem. I have some ideas for that which i believe will improve the experience for everyone involved, but it deserves a separate discussion.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#19 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:21 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:02 pm
StrongUn wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:33 pm

Call the guild, prepare ram suicide squad so our doors ain't going down. Watch delicious tears in chat and toast?
Increased deterrence on the desire to have your own city sieged sounds like the stick we need to correct this course of thinking.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Omegus

Post#20 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:45 pm

I hate throwing zones, but I have to admit there is the unfortunate truth that sometimes it is easier to lose the zone before your fort and then defend your fort (especially if you're defending a poison fort) rather than trying to defend the zone. If successful then the outcome is the same (you end up back in the middle zone) but you get better rewards for your troubles. A strategic keep throw can sometimes help your faction's campaign progress overall. Generally this is advisable if your side is outnumbered enough that defending the keep is very difficult but has a large number of good premades on that makes defending the fort much easier, and even better if the attacking side is a huge mass of uncoordinated and undergeared pugs.

@Wargrimnir speaking of the stick, is there any news on what features are going to be tied into city rank and when they will be implemented?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot