Recent Topics

Ads

Does city have to be 24v24?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
MAXROYPHILLIP

Does city have to be 24v24?

Post#1 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:12 pm

Hello.

I simply suggest that if you Que solo for city you get placed into a 14v14 or even 12v12 city siege.

Warbands, 6 mans (2-4 mans and so forth) would be placed into a 24v24.

I ask this because the game changes when it's not a zerg. The most fun experiences for me have been small scale fights, scenario and ranked.
No one plays ranked a lot sadly and I can only find these sized fights in scenarios.

I've had one 14v14 city siege before and It was the most even, lag free and exciting battle to date in this game. Good fps, longer fights- good times.
I feel you lose alot of potential of variation in types of pvp in this game if the "end game" is based on a simple zerg v zerg.

Also forcing solo Q to fill leaver slots doesn't promote small scale pvp- It discourages it- Perhaps when the Q timer has 10mins left- then solo Quers fill leaver spots.

Thanks for reading I would just like more variation and the potential for players to individually shine in a smaller scale fight- and even enjoy it more with the abilty to have system effects up/on and higher fps because of it & a more enjoyable experience overall.

Cheers for reading if you have

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Does city have to be 24v24?

Post#2 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:20 pm

Cities are a place where the people who enjoy competitive 24 man warband v warband content can get that.

You said yourself, there is a ranked 6v6 scenario option for those who enjoy smaller fights, as well as roaming. It's extremely rare to get the opportunity to have a 24 v 24 fight on an even playing field - cities allow this to happen.

I like the way they are, but I understand where your thoughts are coming from.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

toffikx

Post#3 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:35 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:20 pm You said yourself, there is a ranked 6v6 scenario option for those who enjoy smaller fights, as well as roaming. It's extremely rare to get the opportunity to have a 24 v 24 fight on an even playing field - cities allow this to happen.
Only one of these scenarios give sovereign though.
6v6,12v12,18v18,36v36...i’ll take any of these as long as you can separate pugs from premades. Farming pugs for 1 hour in cities have been the low point of my WAR experience.

MAXROYPHILLIP

Post#4 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:06 am

It wouldnt change at all, Just hoping in solo Q at the start, would give you a 14v14 or 12v12, then after 10mins or so. Then solo Q fill leaver. You shouldnt be MADE to 24v24 for sov.

MAXROYPHILLIP

Post#5 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:07 am

Kaelang wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:20 pm
thanks for not reading my post and truly understanding what i am saying

Kaelang

Post#6 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:16 am

MAXROYPHILLIP wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:07 am
You're asking for solo que players to enter into a 12v12 or 14v14 instance of the city which is full of other pugs who queued together. Premades queue as 12/18. The reason we get pops, is because pugs fill up the spots. If you take away the pugs, you reduce the chance of instances to be popped for those who want the 24v24 play.

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

MAXROYPHILLIP

Post#7 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:33 am

Kaelang wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:16 am
You're asking for solo que players to enter into a 12v12 or 14v14 instance of the city which is full of other pugs who queued together. Premades queue as 12/18. The reason we get pops, is because pugs fill up the spots. If you take away the pugs, you reduce the chance of instances to be popped for those who want the 24v24 play.
No, it would stay as it is. Just the people who solo Q would get a smaller scale fight. 2-6-18-24 man ques would stay as is (24v24). People who are quick to the gate and solo Q just wouldn't have to fill leaver spots for the first 10mins or so.

But people late to solo que would fill the leaver spots.

It would stay much the same but allow for more variation of gameplay and not force players to group and force them to 24v24.

Kaelang

Post#8 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:36 am

MAXROYPHILLIP wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:33 am

No, it would stay as it is. Just the people who solo Q would get a smaller scale fight. 2-6-18-24 man ques would stay as is (24v24). People who are quick to the gate and solo Q just wouldn't have to fill leaver spots for the first 10mins or so.

It would stay much the same but allow for more variation of gameplay and not force players to group and force them to 24v24.
But how would it work for people who queue as 11, or 7, or 13, or 21. Would you suggest these groups then have to wait for another odd number of players to fill to 24 rather than utilising the solo players to round up the figures to 24?

People who queue up late to solo queue to the city get the spots in the city because they have filled leavers spots. What happens to those groups who have a leaver after 10 minutes? Do they just not get replaced?

Also, if a solo player queues at 11 minutes, do they have to wait for 23 other solo players to queue before they can join a fight? Even if someone is playing as 22 due to DC's in another instance?

Ads
MAXROYPHILLIP

Post#9 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:45 am

Kaelang wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:36 am

But how would it work for people who queue as 11, or 7, or 13, or 21. Would you suggest these groups then have to wait for another odd number of players to fill to 24 rather than utilising the solo players to round up the figures to 24?

People who queue up late to solo queue to the city get the spots in the city because they have filled leavers spots. What happens to those groups who have a leaver after 10 minutes? Do they just not get replaced?

Also, if a solo player queues at 11 minutes, do they have to wait for 23 other solo players to queue before they can join a fight? Even if someone is playing as 22 due to DC's in another instance?

Exactly this- people who Que together in anyway 2-24 man (any number inbetween) would suffer most from leavers for 10mins (maximum stage 1) Then they would recieve replacements from solo quers.. I aggree this may be a draw back at first but, Why would you group with someone who would leave or ragequit? This would only improve the 24v24 man because groups would consider the fact that they need to build groups with players they know and trust- making the 24v24 mans more competitive as a whole while providing an alternative for people who want a smaller scale city

Kaelang

Post#10 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:49 am

MAXROYPHILLIP wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:45 am
Kaelang wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:36 am

Exactly this- people who Que together in anyway 2-24 man (any number inbetween) would suffer most from leavers for 10mins (maximum stage 1) Then they would recieve replacements from solo quers.. I aggree this may be a draw back at first but, Why would you group with someone who would leave or ragequit? This would only improve the 24v24 man because groups would consider the fact that they need to build groups with players they know and trust- making the 24v24 mans more competitive as a whole while providing an alternative for people who want a smaller scale city
The first 10 minutes can be stage 1, almost stage 2. It's not just about AFKers and ragequitters, server instabilities, DC's etc happen far more frequently than expected, and this is where the solo queuers help lessen the blow.

I'm struggling to see what the benefit is for those who want to premade, and take the city content seriously, as it was intended.

Just to quote what wargrminr said on another post:
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:01 pm Imagine if all battles were fought so fairly.

City instances aren't for pugging. If you do, expect to die.

Get coordinated. Join a guild. Make yourself valuable, or enjoy the long slow painful road of pugging for scraps. This isn't T1 anymore.
It sounds more like you want a place for solo queuers to join together as oppose to facing premades, and also change the system of the city for smaller scale fights. Which would require a lot of changes internally including boss HP / cannon HP etc.

I really don't see the positives here unfortunately.

I'm also just going to quote what you said in your OP
MAXROYPHILLIP wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:12 pm I ask this because the game changes when it's not a zerg. The most fun experiences for me have been small scale fights, scenario and ranked.
No one plays ranked a lot sadly and I can only find these sized fights in scenarios.

And then highlighting this comment:
MAXROYPHILLIP wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:12 pm The most fun experiences for me have been small scale fights, scenario and ranked.

My intiial response honestly, is that cities aren't small scale, scenarios or ranked. There is content for you, and content for others who like cities how they are. And I think that's a fair way to be. Content cant be appealing for every type of player at the same time, and still hold it's charm. That's why there's so much of it available for all playstyles.
[/quote]