Recent Topics

Ads

Fall Damage

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
CountTalabecland

Re: Fall Damage

Post#11 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:57 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:48 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:45 pm I am glad it hurts more. Though this amount may be overtuned.

My favorite part is that jumping or dropping off of keep walls is not as viable. Its realism breaking for ppl to literally fling themselves off the keep walls in order to do a sally. They should have to walk around down and through the gate like a realistic world with gravity and leg bones that can break would require.
You know what breaks realism even more than Knights jumping on rams?
Harry Potters AoEing on given ram, and healers constantly rezing those poor kamikaze Knights.
I really dont think I am asking that much in that riding horses off of castle walls isnt something that would work even in the warhammer world. Healing and resurrecting via gods and magic maybe/ressing is fundamentally a part of this game so too bad I guess?

Also WTF is a harry potter?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
Gunlinger

Post#12 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:38 pm

The new old Falldamage brings back some ballance in the Zones where the ways and death cliffs where part of the mechanic to keep the times for both fractions to get to the mid
at the same level.

No more full WBs dropping down on ways or BOs in DW and TM. No more Skydiving farming groups in BC.
The only real downside is that this falling dmg applies to PVE too. And now we have to take the loooooong roads again. Or fight our way down the mid path in GB instead of riding strait down the first ledge.

Sulorie

Post#13 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:59 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:57 pm

Also WTF is a harry potter?
Some kids fantasy.
Dying is no option.

Lithenir

Post#14 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:09 pm

I am glad that the good old fall dmg is back. Just like it was on live. Takes away the stupid fall actions where ppl were raining from the sky to kill you

Thorinori

Post#15 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:18 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:42 pm About 1k dmg for jumping down keep wall isn't too much IMO.
Part of the problem is that it is far from consistent. Some keeps I can take 1000 damage falling off a wall, others I took 3000 for a near identical fall. Even then, small hills and falling your character height can do HUGE chunks of damage that make no sense as well. Like I said, I am fine with fall damage, however it scales WAY too fast now, as well as starting off of minuscule height changes at times.

Vayra

Post#16 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:28 pm

If they're gonna keep this fall damage in they need to bring out of combat healing back to live values (twice as fast or more).
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Sulorie

Post#17 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:34 pm

Thorinori wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:18 pm
Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:42 pm About 1k dmg for jumping down keep wall isn't too much IMO.
Part of the problem is that it is far from consistent. Some keeps I can take 1000 damage falling off a wall, others I took 3000 for a near identical fall. Even then, small hills and falling your character height can do HUGE chunks of damage that make no sense as well. Like I said, I am fine with fall damage, however it scales WAY too fast now, as well as starting off of minuscule height changes at times.
The dmg only goes up, when you jump. Just falling from edge of keep wall does only minor dmg. Jumping on the other hand deals 4k+ dmg.
Dying is no option.

Ghostwalker

Post#18 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:06 pm

Fall damage is now full on jokes, most players are now getting their kill on players who take extreme fall damage and NOT THEM directly.

Realm versus Realm just became Realm versus Fall Damage.

Ads
zulnam

Post#19 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:51 am

I love it, spices things up.

Our WB cornered a choppa in TM today. For a split second it looked like he was gonna jump to freedom.

Then he remembered the patch notes. :lol:
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Zaxxond

Post#20 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:43 am

Fall damage from lower heights is too high and inconsistent.

If the devs are going for realism, why can tanks full on block when they are knocked down on the ground?

Buff AoE WL and reduce the chance to combust on BW.

Also Drow still sucks.