Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked system suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Elemint

Ranked system suggestions

Post#1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 pm

Hello, i would like to make some suggestions for ranked scenarios before the gear for it gets released. While it was very fun, there are a couple of things that caused it's untimely death.

1)MMR gain/loss: the number one reason the que died, in my opinion. People say it died because of the sov grind, but i don't think that's the case, it died before cities were even released. The first couple of matches had too much importance, while after a number of matches MMR gained went to 1-3, while MMR lost was 15-20 on average. This made climbing the ladder, combined with the other 2 factors, impossible. In this system winrate means pretty much nothing, the most important thing is to win first 10-15 games and you're top of the leaderboard, while people with good winrate but high number of matches played get pushed down. My suggestion is: Decrease the importance of the first matches. Cap minimum MMR gain/loss to 10. Make winstreaks and losestreaks affect mmr gained/lost.

2)Matchmaking/bracketing: i understand the reason bracketing isn't implemented - too low population. However, when the gear gets released, i'm sure there will be a surge of players queing up again. Even the crudest bracketing will help everyone find more balanced (and fun) fights.

3)Queing: in my opinion ranked solo should be excluded from the que all button, considering it's supposed to be hardcore, i don't think accidentally queing for it should happen

Ads