Recent Topics

Ads

Balancing Kotbs VS Chossen!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Eeshen

Re: Balancing Kotbs VS Chossen!

Post#21 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:11 pm

When I started the game, I knew I wanted to play Chosen or Knight...after a bit I decided I wanted to go Destro. However, I had a hard time choosing Destro because Knight has wassy more utility than a Chosen. Chosen is just a gimped Knight in terms of group utility.

Ads
synthrocker

Post#22 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:25 pm

Honestly, if they revert the unneeded nerf they have to Runefang and Stay focused it’d be fine. Runefang made up for the lack of parry, and no block you get going 2H. And the minimal healing stay focused gave you was fine because of the AP gain. (They said stay focused now mirrored chosen heal aura, but it still doesn’t, healing is lower than chosen aura with still no AP gain- straight nerf and lie)
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

Illuminati

Post#23 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:28 pm

synthrocker wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:25 pm Honestly, if they revert the unneeded nerf they have to Runefang and Stay focused it’d be fine. Runefang made up for the lack of parry, and no block you get going 2H. And the minimal healing stay focused gave you was fine because of the AP gain. (They said stay focused now mirrored chosen heal aura, but it still doesn’t, healing is lower than chosen aura with still no AP gain- straight nerf and lie)
The AP regen on both classes is terrible and I hope addressed (non-tactic based) at some point.
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

synthrocker

Post#24 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:34 pm

Illuminati wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:28 pm
synthrocker wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:25 pm Honestly, if they revert the unneeded nerf they have to Runefang and Stay focused it’d be fine. Runefang made up for the lack of parry, and no block you get going 2H. And the minimal healing stay focused gave you was fine because of the AP gain. (They said stay focused now mirrored chosen heal aura, but it still doesn’t, healing is lower than chosen aura with still no AP gain- straight nerf and lie)
The AP regen on both classes is terrible and I hope addressed (non-tactic based) at some point.

The knight was fine until the nonsensical stay focused nerf.
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

Gottschalt

Post#25 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:15 pm

MightyPhred wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:09 am 2. if you want to beat a parry stacking chosen in 1v1 melee combat, you dont do it by trying to beat through his parry, you do it by getting behind him, or using undefendable/damage returning skills - in the knights case he has the dmg aura, shield of the sun and the melee dmg return aura, use those with a tank setup and youll beat most melee people
This irks me, mainly due your idea of counter. Do you have any dea how much damage Shield of sun and OYG aura do? 150 elemental with Ze Sun and 225 (every 2 seconds) with OYG. These don't get benefits for weaponskill, from strength or anything, only OYG's damage raises to ~320 with full mastery. They get mitigated full force by their appopriate defenses. Shield of sun barely doing 100 damage and OYG doing 90 on best days.
Here's a kicker. Chosen has his Shield of Sun, Called Bane shield. Granted i'ts only 100 spirit damage and he has no OYG, but if he is 2H spirit damage dealing monstrosity, he is bound to run his resist aura.

I mean, I do agree that slapping sudden 25% parry buff on some Knight abiliy is just silly though. That's now how you fix the knight. The best advise for Knight's 1v1 is: Don't. Knight is a party dude.
3. consider the game lore - a chosen is f***in massive, hes about twice the size of a regular human and far more muscled, its pretty safe to assume that he can swing a two handed sword around a lot faster than any imperial knight, and considering the violent nature of chaos worshippers it stands to reason that hes put a lot more practice into swinging big swords and axes around than using a shield, hence the reason he gets no block buff and returns magical damage instead of melee, which is significantly less useful in general because melee classes tend to strike a lot of hits giving you many chances to return damage, magical classes tend to use dots or much higher hitting skills in fewer numbers, giving less chances to return damage on them
This true, Blazing Sun knights are also well trained in all forms of weaponry while being renowned tactician. I'd really like to see BOTH chosen and knight get a buff, the thing is. both chosen and Knight players don't want to be glorified walking stat sticks. Chosen's ravage and Knight's runefang nerfs were such identity killers..

Rapzel

Post#26 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:58 pm

synthrocker wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:34 pm
Illuminati wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:28 pm

The knight was fine until the nonsensical stay focused nerf.
Yea having ap, heal and +15% healing to everyone in your group is fine. KotBS is still the best tank in the game after this nerf. Hope they nerf you to be as bad as chosen is.

teiloh

Post#27 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:22 pm

Hitting three people isn't an AOE snare. Literally every AOE Destruction has is a partial AOE snare because of DoK covenants.

Chosen also have an insane morale builder, Sprout Carapace, speed boost on disrupt (on a disrupt heavy line at that) and Dire Shielding/Touch of Palsy among other things to punish people for playing the game.

And your main/secondary damage type is mass-debuffed by Magus for the sake of your non-melee abilities. Then there's a larger character model for collision detection, better realm synergy, etc.

Aethilmar

Post#28 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:34 pm

All I am getting out of this is how the first and second best tanks in the game (I'll let you guys argue which is which) are complaining about how they need to be even more firster and seconder best tanks in the game...

Ads
StrongUn

Post#29 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:02 pm

Another destro op! nerf destro! post

order forum warriors are on fire rofl

CountTalabecland

Post#30 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:46 am

StrongUn wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:02 pm Another destro op! nerf destro! post

order forum warriors are on fire rofl
The OP didn’t actually call for chosen to be nerfed, he just wants 100% mirroring as a solution to balance and for Knight to be thereby buffed to Chosens level.

Something oh so many of your fellow destro are ever so eager for whenever Rampage gets mentioned.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.