Recent Topics

Ads

Balancing Kotbs VS Chossen!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Eeshen

Re: Balancing Kotbs VS Chossen!

Post#31 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:03 pm

I’m playing both Chosen and Knight and still cannot honestly understand where Knight is weaker.
As a SnB tank, I’d rather have Knight skills over a Chosen any day.
Am I missing something....honestly asking....I’m not as experienced as many of you are.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#32 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:34 pm

Eeshen wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:03 pm I’m playing both Chosen and Knight and still cannot honestly understand where Knight is weaker.
Am I missing something....honestly asking....I’m not as experienced as many of you are.
If you remove realm context, then Chosen has advantage of self morale pump (Destined to Victory) and faster drop of Distracting Bellows (M2), thats literaly the only advantage Chosen has.

Foofmonger

Post#33 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:57 pm

You don't balance games in a vacuum. Talking about Chosen vs KOTBS only is a worthless waste of time that is looking at only a very narrow scope of what is "balance" and trying to analyze that for their own narrow purposes.

This is not how game balance works, nor how this game works. If you only want to talk about the balance directly between KOTBS and Chosen, and ignore the rest of the game and the classes, then you can go do it in your own head, and talk to someone who wants to listen to that nonsense, YOU.

This thread is clearly just fishing for KOTBS buffs for no good reason beyond "me class me want stronger".

Yea, I've seen better balance ideas by staring at blank screens. Hard pass.

Now this isn't to say that I am stating the KOTBS doesn't need buffs, I frankly don't know the current state of the Knight, but this is not how you argue for your case here.

Rapzel

Post#34 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:49 pm

Eeshen wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:03 pm I’m playing both Chosen and Knight and still cannot honestly understand where Knight is weaker.
There's one specific scenario where SnB Chosen is stronger, when you reach 50%+ block (requires a 422 block value shield, +10% from defender + 16% block from gear) the +50% parry chance scales better against melee and guard damage. (If you're not playing against a Slayer, because rampage nullifies all of this)

kayin

Post#35 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:25 pm

Warhammer12345. I dont think you realize that the classes are not perfect mirrors and thet are not supposed to be. On order the swordmaster was the one who git the 25% parry buff along with iron breaker getting one as well that they can share with an oath friend. Each skill is mirrored to an extent but might be on a different class.

roadkillrobin

Post#36 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Even when it had all it's damage and healing buffs and debuffs nerfed, KOTBS was still the best class in the game. I can't speak to any changes over the last year, but the class was still S-Tier a year ago while Chosen was a snoozer to play.

Detangler

Post#37 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:21 pm

So knight can get up to 50% block, halve all damage coming in, boost healing on the group, and reflect damage back at attackers at the same time. But because chosen gets high parry rate the knight needs more? Come on, man. That's like the perfect funnel blocking machine. This thread is ridiculous....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

M0rw47h

Post#38 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:35 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:21 pm This thread is ridiculous....
As rr81 Knight I agree.

Ads
mytreds

Post#39 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:57 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:21 pm So knight can get up to 50% block, halve all damage coming in, boost healing on the group, and reflect damage back at attackers at the same time.
Sorry for the noob question here, but
1)How can i get 50% block?
2)Halving the damage comes from Vigilance correct?
3)How am I able to reflect damage? Are you referring to the aura?

Sorry, just a 40 kotbs main and I still don't know the all class mechanics correctly :cry:

kmark101

Post#40 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:37 am

Lately I have noticed that Chosens started to hit retardedly hard, 5-600 damage autoattack hits are not uncommon, 500+ Cleave rounds, 600+ relentless strikes, etc.. Last night 2 chosen were topping dps meters in normal SC's, not just barely, but by far. And no, it's not fluff damage since I was on the receiving end many times, it got to the point that certain chosens hit harder than marauders.

So what happened here, how did chosen damage got out of hand suddenly?
Gryyw - Ironbreaker