Recent Topics

Ads

Balancing Kotbs VS Chossen!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
vobex16

Re: Balancing Kotbs VS Chossen!

Post#71 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:15 am

ya +15% incoming damge for KoTbs its a really horrible, agree, and what 20% less incoming dmg for chosens?.....nothing, they don't even notice it

Ads
carlos

Post#72 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:21 am

warhammer12345 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:13 am It is so clear that the Destro find this ridiculous. Why should the other faction be buffed too? The karma is still to come. ;)
You're not able to read either i see - i play Order only and on top of that - a knight only
Starfkr

warhammer12345

Post#73 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:21 am

That's why! Shield rush with 2 hands 25% Parri buff the same as the Chossen! Very easily!

Plaguewall

Post#74 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:27 am

Dude, if you don't like the knight and think chosen has it all, go and play a chosen and dye him gold; you're not convincing anyone here and you've wasted a lot of your own time. If you think its a big issue then start a petition or something. This is pointless.

carlos

Post#75 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:57 am

warhammer12345 wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:21 am That's why! Shield rush with 2 hands 25% Parri buff the same as the Chossen! Very easily!
Why do we got focus mending and chosen doesn't?! Why do we got Solar Flare and chosen doesnt?!

Answer = they shouldn't be mirrored so plz stop this.

You are way passed the line where you sound like Oelien (or what ever the destro trolls name is).
Starfkr

Likeaboss

Post#76 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:45 pm

The Thread was doomed from the start. To much aggression in there and to much of Order/Destro mimimi...

Why not discuss this objectively? My highest RR Char's on live were choosen and Kotbs.
On this server it's the choosen, my kotbs stucked back at 40/40 days... :P

I hope this doesn't end in more worthless shittalk from both sides, but we will see.
It's kind a Wall of text, so if you are Destro or Order troll, don't need to read it.
If someone cares about the opinion of someone who plays Choosen & Kotbs
for more than 10 years, I look forward to your view of this
Spoiler:
First of all, what i realy hated to see was, that the Tactic on Kotbs "Destroy Confidence" was simly removed.
It was to strong, for sure no one doubt that... But Dev's could have give him a new Tactic for that...

On the other side "Crippling Strikes" was a big nerf for Choosen, same here, it was simply to strong..
But at least the tactic has been reworked and not just taken out of the game..
Kotbs has 1 tactic that is just gone...

-Choosen with Shield can slot 1 tactic, will buff himself 50% Parry
-Choosen with 2H can buff 25% parry without a tactic slot to use, and that last 15s.
-Kotbs with Shield has 10% Block buff, with tactic, an additional 15% Parry.
-Kotbs with 2H has nothing. (not even WS buff from Runefang)

That would not matter at all, when the Crittactic's on Kotbs have not been nerfed, but they did.
Dirty tricks was a must have, now it is nice to have, but most Kotbs slot more usefull tactics for ORvR (For SC maybe different)

I like Kotbs, cuz of style, but for groupplay i'd prefer Chosen over Kotbs... For Warbandplay i want the 25% Incoming healdebuff Aura, for Singletarget assist i want the Punt on 10s cooldown,
Kotbs on 2H is just no worth it, he has to go Vigilance, That means 14 locked Skillpoints... From there you have 3 possible option.

1. Go for Healtactic & AoE Snare (Nerfed as well)
2. Go for Crit Tactic on Wounds debuff & AoE Snare (Ressistance Aura 236.. not very good)
3. Go for Stagger, Heal tactic & Runefang (nerfed as well)

Some tools are not even available on Choosen, true... Therefor he is alot harder with all that Parry, and the Moralgain with shield
is just a must have in ORvR...

For SC's / 6v6 Where every damage can make the difference, Kotbs is just a Joke against Choosen.
Same for the Change on "Emperors Champion M2", another onesided nerf...

Even for Soloplay,
-on choosen, all sklls spirit dmg but 20% less incoming heal, well idc when i play solo.
-on Kotbs, same tactic but 15% more incoming damage... That is not what you want when playing Solo :lol:

Last but not least, in Endgame, Citysieges, it is all about Moralbump. = Choosen > Kotbs

That does not mean that i say Choosen is better than Kotbs, that would not be correct...
Kotbs is over all decent, but choosen is in particular section's of the game just more flexible.
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

dragot

Post#77 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:57 pm

dirty tricks, overpowering swing, focused mending and vigilance- delete all this things, because chosen have nothing to help group and then we talk.

Likeaboss

Post#78 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:07 pm

dragot wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:57 pm dirty tricks, overpowering swing, focused mending- delete all this thing, because chosen have nothing to help group and then we talk.
Overpowering Swing -> Arcing Swing need 2H, while dirty tricks requires shield. So you cant run both unsless you have 2 kotbs.

Oke, what would be your idea for a change on Focused mending?
i mean you can't just remove tactics... I mean, not again :lol:

If you say choosen have no party support.. Do you include the Moralgain tactic? which brings you faster to Moral 4 by example, which helps aparty pretty much..

I don't want to do a proposal about changes and stuff... just wanna talk and understand the different opinions.. So don't get me wrong
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#79 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Last but not least, in Endgame, Citysieges, it is all about Moralbump. = Choosen > Kotbs
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Likeaboss

Post#80 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:12 pm

Bozzax wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:10 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you for the helpful feedback :P appreciate it