Recent Topics

Ads

New player experience and the ridiculously unfair 16-40 PvP bracket.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Winterbeats

Re: New player experience and the ridiculously unfair 16-40 PvP bracket.

Post#61 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:30 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:07 pm
Winterbeats wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:44 pm I agree with reinstating T2 for 16 to 30. I went to T4 RvR on my WP, and it was a shock, just trying to get there, I was one shot by mobs. Please consider adjusting the tier brackets to the live version.
Right now, since my fun with the game dropped dramatically, I'm level every class to 16, and I'll see if I continue to play on this server if the brackets are changed.
It seems that you went to t4 pve area with a lvl16 char, no?
You are not supposed to do this.
Only the warcamp and rvr zone are meant for you.
Yes, I did. Because I used the RvR map and it ported me there....and I had to mount it to the keep, when I died it ported me to the keep. I joined a WB and they said to just follow them around, it was crazy.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#62 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:34 am

Winterbeats wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:30 am
Winterbeats wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:44 pm I agree with reinstating T2 for 16 to 30. I went to T4 RvR on my WP, and it was a shock, just trying to get there, I was one shot by mobs. Please consider adjusting the tier brackets to the live version.
Right now, since my fun with the game dropped dramatically, I'm level every class to 16, and I'll see if I continue to play on this server if the brackets are changed.
Yes, I did. Because I used the RvR map and it ported me there....and I had to mount it to the keep, when I died it ported me to the keep. I joined a WB and they said to just follow them around, it was crazy.
When you use war report, it usually ports you to the closest camp, which is in many cases a pve camp instead of rvr warcamp. Then you encounter higher level mobs, yes.
Use normal flight master directly to warcamp and higher level mobs are no issue anymore, because you don't even enter pve zone.
Dying is no option.

Madae

Post#63 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:11 am

I don't see any reason to have a 16-40 bracket anymore. It made sense when this server was 400 people daily, but strangely enough it is now at 2500+ at primetime... maybe even more than that, I only looked a few times today.

Winterbeats

Post#64 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:06 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:34 am
Winterbeats wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:30 am
When you use war report, it usually ports you to the closest camp, which is in many cases a pve camp instead of rvr warcamp. Then you encounter higher level mobs, yes.
Use normal flight master directly to warcamp and higher level mobs are no issue anymore, because you don't even enter pve zone.
Well, seeing as I'm new. I have no idea how to get to the war camps using the flight masters, since I haven't been to that content yet, It's really confusing trying to find out the region

Sulorie

Post#65 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:51 pm

Winterbeats wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:06 pm

Well, seeing as I'm new. I have no idea how to get to the war camps using the flight masters, since I haven't been to that content yet, It's really confusing trying to find out the region
Just ask in /advice chat, when you are not sure what zone is correct. After doing it a few times you will be familiar with the location names anyway. :)
Dying is no option.

Winterbeats

Post#66 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:44 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:51 pm
Winterbeats wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:06 pm

Just ask in /advice chat, when you are not sure what zone is correct. After doing it a few times you will be familiar with the location names anyway. :)
Thanks, you're right. The community has been extremely helpful. I'm focusing on getting gear up to my CR level and putting in some Tali's. Going to hold of on RvR for the foreseeable future. Have a great day, Sulorie <3

Martok

Post#67 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:59 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:11 amIt really is time to take lvl 40 out of t2-3.

For what it is worth I agree. Coding issues aside my underlying concern is retaining the largest percentage of the new player-base as possible. Rendering their leveling experience a path of suffering at the hands of the usual suspects is the most efficient manner to ensure many of them move on to some other game.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Madae

Post#68 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:37 am

I think the best approach is to leave it mostly untouched, just change the 40 tier. So, 1-16 is the same, 17-30 is T2 and 3, and then 31-40 back to T4. The problem area will be the mid tier, because most people who play MMO's, especially MMO's designed for PvP, tend to rush out of the start to get to the finish, but a wide margin for character levels that aren't necessarily totally outpowered from each other from level to level, would be the best way of creating at least a viable mid zone... the only problem then will be funneling people into the correct areas since there will be twice the amount of land to cover and people tend not to work together.

Ads
Korsario

Post#69 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:46 am

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:38 pm The experience as a new player going from T1 RvR and scenarios into T2-3-4 - there's such a disparity into it that it makes no sense at all at how stats are affecting your performance vs certain classes, because the game was never tailored to match you against such high level plays, morales and passives.

I'm doing RvR almost all the time, exception being scenarios - getting the tier set, getting the influence reward from rally masters, getting my weapons from scenario vendors and going out there trying to (not even kill 40s), but survive long enough to get help/retreat, but it's simply impossible. I am quite literally doing single digit damage sometimes to even melee dps while they're hitting me for 5-10% of my HP every hit, almost impossible to parry/block any of their attacks even as tank. Casters are simply bypassing my shield, hitting me 900-1k, I cannot blame the healers for failing to heal such a burst.

I assume it's safe to say that the developers have made this decision because all private server suffer from the same problem before the spotlight is on them (or marketing I suppose) which is population. As such I completely understand extending the bracket to 16-40, however with what I've experienced these past two weeks, such a problem has been gone with absolutely ridiculous battles in every zone, hundreds of players trying to fit in a room full of black orcs and choppas clobbering the poor Keep Lord WAAAAAAAAAAAAGHing in there.

Off to the actual suggestion :
I would like to suggest a scenario bracket for Realm vs Realm battles for a smoother leveling experience by reducing the bracket to 16-39 in a way that doesn't completely kick 40s out of content from the game. I would suggest T2 and T3 having a 16-39 bracket and an 8 hour tolerance before the bracket extends to 16-40 to prevent stalemates and overextended battles, but allowing people that are leveling to have a more balanced game play with one another.
Just wait until you are 40, you are gonna Fin hate it lol, gear gap is like 5000% effectivity, no chance to compete at all.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#70 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:48 am

Korsario wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:46 am Just wait until you are 40, you are gonna Fin hate it lol, gear gap is like 5000% effectivity, no chance to compete at all.
This. No one believes me but I think RoR is starting to suffer from the same gear bloat that killed Live Warhammer. There's just too much disparity between a fresh 40 with starter gear and a max geared 40.