Recent Topics

Ads

New player experience and the ridiculously unfair 16-40 PvP bracket.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: New player experience and the ridiculously unfair 16-40 PvP bracket.

Post#41 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:58 pm

Winterbeats wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:44 pm I agree with reinstating T2 for 16 to 30. I went to T4 RvR on my WP, and it was a shock, just trying to get there, I was one shot by mobs. Please consider adjusting the tier brackets to the live version.
Right now, since my fun with the game dropped dramatically, I'm level every class to 16, and I'll see if I continue to play on this server if the brackets are changed.
By mobs?? you got the bolster buff?? when enter rvr zone and get bolster buff you notice because your HP bar grows a lot (end the bolster buff icon obvious). any mob can 1 shoot anyone in rvr zones...only (maybe) keep lord or any lair boss from rvr zone (tagged as hero).

Ads
Dackle

Post#42 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:03 pm

Other than the effort, which is not snap your fingers task I understand this, what is the downside to making t2, the one tier with no outer keep walls, a separate (mid-tier) bracket? Could it be a ghost town, too hard to push the zone? Would the end tier campaign accelerate too fast? I am just brain storming myself to see what the downsides would be.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#43 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:06 pm

Dackle wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:03 pm Other than the effort, which is not snap your fingers task I understand this, what is the downside to making t2, the one tier with no outer keep walls, a separate (mid-tier) bracket? Could it be a ghost town, too hard to push the zone? Would the end tier campaign accelerate too fast? I am just brain storming myself to see what the downsides would be.
It's not worth the time and effort when we're largely happy with the current campaign. Why change something that we enjoy and find to be working well? People need to take some hints from this entire thread and improve their game. It is very possible to be competitive in the T4 bracket at low levels.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

EsthelielSunfury

Post#44 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:21 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:06 pm
Dackle wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:03 pm Other than the effort, which is not snap your fingers task I understand this, what is the downside to making t2, the one tier with no outer keep walls, a separate (mid-tier) bracket? Could it be a ghost town, too hard to push the zone? Would the end tier campaign accelerate too fast? I am just brain storming myself to see what the downsides would be.
It's not worth the time and effort when we're largely happy with the current campaign. Why change something that we enjoy and find to be working well? People need to take some hints from this entire thread and improve their game. It is very possible to be competitive in the T4 bracket at low levels.
I was at least hoping for the tolerance being implemented for a few hours, but yeah. While not the answer I was hoping for, it's at least one - guess that's it for now.

courtsdad1

Post#45 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:54 pm

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:34 am
courtsdad1 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:04 am Its fine, its not that hard to level and you are being dramatic. I leveled 2 characters in the last two weeks up through those ranks with zero issues and infinite fun. It a bolster not an "I want to be equal with people 18 levels above me who have access to more skills." Frankly the bolster works fantastic. I started healing/ leading WB in forts at 16 ( when anyone could get in) and experienced zero complaints. Learn your role and your class instead of asking for the whole game to change to suit your very temporary level.
You have a lot of reading comprehension issues, I never at any point in here asked to be equal to 40s, it's inherently unequal and that's the point for me asking to separate Tier 2 and Tier 3 at least temporarily, but I don't think you made it that far.

And fun is subjective, and highly dependent on class and spec. It was much easier on my healer since the tanks on my warband were 40s.

You have no idea whatsoever about my skill level or class knowledge, and making assumptions based on a forum post means you lack something else.
Actually its quite obvious based on your whining and desire to change things that have worked fine for thousands of players before you came along. Thankfully you were properly shot down along with your fellow "Good Idea Fairies". As far as skill, well Ive leveled up every archetype on both sides and a post like yours never crossed my mind because I don't feel entitled to have the same "strength" as people who have been around longer than I have been, have higher levels and better gear. It gives you something to work toward and a chance to be creative.

AS far as reading comprehension, I never mentioned level 40's although your whining made it clear that you wanted"fairness" and "equality" with little effort which is a recipe for disaster in many matters in life.

Enjoy the game for what it is and get out there and level up. Its fast and painless. Of course, when you hit 40 you will get to experience some growing pains again which may be too much for you if this thread is any indication.

Good luck.

Darks63

Post#46 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:15 pm

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:08 am
Darks63 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:29 pm It would be wise for new players that hit 16 to run sewers/sac to get the set and other stuff in there since the rank 8/12 gear most are wearing fresh into t4 is really long in the tooth at that point. You also get the benefit of being rank 18 or 19 going into t4 rvr that means you have a few more options.

For rank 21-25 there is another pve set you can farm from t3 pqs that is decent as well and can bridge the gap between sewers set and duelist/devastator.
I looked at a blogpost - I assume that's Mayhem set you're referring to? What would be a decent zone or way to go about farming it?
For Destro The Mudflats For order The Chaos Ruins in High pass both hard and so you will need at least a 3 man.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Winterbeats

Post#47 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:27 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:06 pm

That's a shame.

EsthelielSunfury

Post#48 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:38 pm

courtsdad1 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:54 pm
EsthelielSunfury wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:34 am
courtsdad1 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:04 am Its fine, its not that hard to level and you are being dramatic. I leveled 2 characters in the last two weeks up through those ranks with zero issues and infinite fun. It a bolster not an "I want to be equal with people 18 levels above me who have access to more skills." Frankly the bolster works fantastic. I started healing/ leading WB in forts at 16 ( when anyone could get in) and experienced zero complaints. Learn your role and your class instead of asking for the whole game to change to suit your very temporary level.
You have a lot of reading comprehension issues, I never at any point in here asked to be equal to 40s, it's inherently unequal and that's the point for me asking to separate Tier 2 and Tier 3 at least temporarily, but I don't think you made it that far.

And fun is subjective, and highly dependent on class and spec. It was much easier on my healer since the tanks on my warband were 40s.

You have no idea whatsoever about my skill level or class knowledge, and making assumptions based on a forum post means you lack something else.
Actually its quite obvious based on your whining and desire to change things that have worked fine for thousands of players before you came along. Thankfully you were properly shot down along with your fellow "Good Idea Fairies". As far as skill, well Ive leveled up every archetype on both sides and a post like yours never crossed my mind because I don't feel entitled to have the same "strength" as people who have been around longer than I have been, have higher levels and better gear. It gives you something to work toward and a chance to be creative.

AS far as reading comprehension, I never mentioned level 40's although your whining made it clear that you wanted"fairness" and "equality" with little effort which is a recipe for disaster in many matters in life.

Enjoy the game for what it is and get out there and level up. Its fast and painless. Of course, when you hit 40 you will get to experience some growing pains again which may be too much for you if this thread is any indication.

Good luck.
Head GM already covered the thread, enough of your projection - stop embarrassing yourself.

Ads
Ruscour

Post#49 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:50 pm

As a new player myself (CR24) I think the combination of T2-3-4 for RvR makes a lot of sense and lets me get into the action myself, and there's still ways I can be useful.

The one thing I'm not sure about is scenarios - the server has a population to sustain separate T2 and T3 SC queues now, no? The difference between a CR39 player and someone in their late teens is pretty huge, just had a game where we couldn't chip any damage off a CR39 tank with 3 players.

So I wonder what people think about that, separating the RvR and Scenario issues here.

Despite the pains of scaling in RvR being able to get involved in the huge scale fights relatively early on is a boon to player retention, I would think.
ruscur - RR6x Shaman <Art of Execution>
From Australia or nearby countries less cool? Join our Asia Pacific discord community!

R3xz

Post#50 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:16 pm

^in response to the post above, I want to bump my question one more time
I mean some players actually prefer the low and steady progress if they can help it. Low tier PvP can actually be quite fun, at least for me, as long as everyone is on relatively even footing.

And btw, I'm quite curious.
Would it be possible to implement a match making system with a tier bias? Or is that already the case?

Like for an example if your level fall within T2, then you're more likely to pair up with T2 players. Sometimes a T3 player might fall through the crack, but if they did then at least the ratio of T3 players with T2 players be balanced out. Might be a good compromise if this game can expect steady stream of newer players in the future. This is a question maybe a dev or someone else in-the-knows can help clear up.