Recent Topics

Ads

New player experience and the ridiculously unfair 16-40 PvP bracket.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Akalukz

Re: New player experience and the ridiculously unfair 16-40 PvP bracket.

Post#21 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:06 am

saupreusse wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:07 am Imo part of the problem is that the endgame sets are too strong while the lvl 16 sets are too weak. If the stats were brought together a bit more it might already help. A big boost for low level 16+ gear statwise could help already. I always feared that once city sets are out the power discrepancy will be over the top.
This, i would go as far as saying even lvl 40 sub RR50 need a bolster now.
-= Agony =-

Ads
toffikx

Post#22 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:57 am

Having a separate t2-t3 RvR bracket makes sense with the increased population. Best guess is to wait a couple of weeks/months and see if player number holds, before you implement that.
The question is also how much work the devs have to put in order to separate the brackets, and if they are willing to do that. Time will tell.

Wiede

Post#23 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:04 am

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:19 pm Any thoughts on the actual suggestion so far? I've yet to hear any particular discussion about it, this being the suggestions sub-forum.
Wiede wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:40 pm Sure, here you go: https://imgur.com/a/FGFg2PX

lvl20 now, so dropped a few statpoints naturally... Could get them back with better than green jewelry, but it's not worth to go for that when you outlvl them so quick. Also SnB are green RR gear.
I'm 20/22 actually and have 20 RR in Block only, could pump that stat numbers a little bit up with RR, but Block > all.

edit: also with Toughness, Strength and Resist Aura, but its grpwide so everyone can get that with a chosen in grp.
edit2: to be clear - i shifted from Block/Str to Block only in RR with RR20, thats why the rather high drop in STR.
https://imgur.com/a/ELwbvr4

Why is only toughness and wounds getting buffed for me then? Are blackguards not properly bolstered or what? Why would another tank get strength?
Cause i socket str-talis too + Aura.

My BG had nearly 1200 toughness with lvl17 full buffed (45% hateful strike tactic), everything toughness ofc. But even then i had 450 Str or something like that buffed.

Bolster is fine, you just have to gear for it.

I also checked with .getstats, values are accurate. If needed i can post that too later, on mobil atm.

Drys

Post#24 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:50 am

I suggest making the T2 zones lvl 16-30 (or 39, but prob just 30 is ok). Make T3/T4 zones open to 16-40. The reasons:

1. Addresses the gear/level gap expressed by others.

2. It's a single door keep (no outer). This will help new players learn how to do keep-based RVR in a more forgiving environment. It's very different than T1 RVR. They can learn how to set rams, when to deploy/kill oil, etc.

3. Theres enough population and this would be less intimidating for folks wanting to RVR after T1. This would also move some lower level folks out of the T4 zones so less lag in 300v300 battles.

4. If the pop does drop off, it's just one tier and 16s can still go to T3-T4 zones. Think of T2 more as an optional training ground for keeps.

5. The city progression from T3-city would be a little shorter, meaning if you start taking keeps in T3 you might actually get to the city while you're still online.
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

EsthelielSunfury

Post#25 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:34 am

courtsdad1 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:04 am Its fine, its not that hard to level and you are being dramatic. I leveled 2 characters in the last two weeks up through those ranks with zero issues and infinite fun. It a bolster not an "I want to be equal with people 18 levels above me who have access to more skills." Frankly the bolster works fantastic. I started healing/ leading WB in forts at 16 ( when anyone could get in) and experienced zero complaints. Learn your role and your class instead of asking for the whole game to change to suit your very temporary level.
You have a lot of reading comprehension issues, I never at any point in here asked to be equal to 40s, it's inherently unequal and that's the point for me asking to separate Tier 2 and Tier 3 at least temporarily, but I don't think you made it that far.

And fun is subjective, and highly dependent on class and spec. It was much easier on my healer since the tanks on my warband were 40s.

You have no idea whatsoever about my skill level or class knowledge, and making assumptions based on a forum post means you lack something else.

Drys

Post#26 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:43 am

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:19 pm Why is only toughness and wounds getting buffed for me then? Are blackguards not properly bolstered or what? Why would another tank get strength?
They're all getting bolstered. The orange just means you hit the soft cap. The bolster on your other stats is probably low because you don't have many points in those stats to begin with (i.e., most of your stats are in tough/wounds)
Spoiler:
Drystav - Magus 40/6X
Drysthex - Zealot 40/4X
Drystzyk - Chosen 40/5X
Drystax - Mara 24/2X

Drystal - WE 40/5X
Drystmar - DOK 40/4X
Drystelle - Sorc 40/7X
Drysthorn - BG 40/6X

Drystham - Shaman 40/4X
Drystig - SH 40/5X
Drystlak - BOrc 40/4X

EsthelielSunfury

Post#27 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:46 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:05 am
EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:19 pm Any thoughts on the actual suggestion so far? I've yet to hear any particular discussion about it, this being the suggestions sub-forum.
Wiede wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:40 pm Sure, here you go: https://imgur.com/a/FGFg2PX

lvl20 now, so dropped a few statpoints naturally... Could get them back with better than green jewelry, but it's not worth to go for that when you outlvl them so quick. Also SnB are green RR gear.
I'm 20/22 actually and have 20 RR in Block only, could pump that stat numbers a little bit up with RR, but Block > all.

edit: also with Toughness, Strength and Resist Aura, but its grpwide so everyone can get that with a chosen in grp.
edit2: to be clear - i shifted from Block/Str to Block only in RR with RR20, thats why the rather high drop in STR.
https://imgur.com/a/ELwbvr4

Why is only toughness and wounds getting buffed for me then? Are blackguards not properly bolstered or what? Why would another tank get strength?
He probably got Str aura running, you would have to check your own str buff as well. Additionally, those paperdoll values are most likely incorrect. Type .getstats to get the real values.
The better your gear is, the better the bolster becomes.

On a mara you can have almost 1300 str, when bolstered to 48.
SH and spike squig pet with over 1100 ballistic, if I remember right. It was nice to kill those rr70 SWs. :D
https://imgur.com/a/OQv6vGh

Here you go. The other poster on his Chosen is getting massive Strength, Wounds, Toughness and all resistances (almost double) buffed - my BG is getting only two of those. Any possible reason for it?

Sulorie

Post#28 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:09 pm

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:46 am
https://imgur.com/a/OQv6vGh

Here you go. The other poster on his Chosen is getting massive Strength, Wounds, Toughness and all resistances (almost double) buffed - my BG is getting only two of those. Any possible reason for it?
Like I wrote before, you use no buffs. Chosen is a passive buff class, your buffs are active. You can't show any bolstered stats while standing at WC doing nothing.
Lowlvl player buffs are higher than those of a rank 40 players due to bolster. Your BG buffs are higher too but you have to hit a target to apply them. Obviously, the chosen class has more stat buffs than BG, so being solo results in a bad comparison between both. You can buff toughness, str and willpower but no resists like chosen, so no surprise his resists are higher than yours.
As that chosen player has more experience than you, I would assume the items itself are better as well, so bolster gives a bigger bonus.

Being lowlvl is no problem, if you know the limits of your class at a certain rank and use appropriate gear for your rank. Most new players ingame don't know this or how general game mechanics work and don't dare to ask. This is the core problem for new players I see. This doesn't mean that the game has to be changed to adapt towards those new players.
There are plenty players there to help new ones to gear up, just ask. :)
Dying is no option.

Ads
Tanski

Post#29 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:24 pm

On my lvl 16 sorc I hit lvl 40s with 3k doom bolts . When I unlocked pounce on my wl, I regularly killed lvl 40s solo and got huge to ticks, up to 40k for a solo kill. I topped kills in the zone on my low level magus spamming aoe.

Bolster is fine, you just suck. Learn the mechanics of the game before you start whining on the forums .
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Tanski

Post#30 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:26 pm

I would also like to add, if you think the 16-39 sc bracket is bad, you should have Tried the 32-40 bracket and you would know the meaning of suffering.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am