Recent Topics

Ads

Shaman Heal sovereign gear feedback.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jabba

Re: Shaman Heal sovereign gear feedback.

Post#11 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:30 pm

I think the post contains pretty much exactly what I wanted it to. It contains feedback, that some parts of the set are fine and that other parts of the set are trash, along with proof showing why those parts are trash. It also contains a few suggestions for changes that could be made to these parts of the set that are trash. As you apparently didn't read these in your rush to reply, I'll quote them again.

I think this bonus should be changed to something crit related (-% chance to be crit or - crit damage %) or even toughness, something the shaman is clearly somewhat built around (evidenced by the toughness buff on the hot and the toughness debuffs, 2 if you're dps)

Are possible changes for the -armour penetration set bonus, which is out of place on a cloth armour class.

Ideally, this proc would be as on live, where it could trigger from your hot ticks as well as direct damage (shammy is a hot class after all, and it's not like you have an aoe one for easy procs like dok/zeal) or, it needs it's chance to proc increased (it's not like shammy is a wp/dok with 1 second group heal, or an instant cast direct heal that can hit up to 24 people).

Are suggestions as to how to improve the 7 pc proc. Given that the standard shammy hot would still only have a 41% chance that 1 of it's heal ticks over a 15 second duration would proc this effect, it doesn't seem unreasonable.

These would be far more useful as pretty much anything else, more raw stats or maybe some heal crit or -chance to be crit.

Maybe I wasn't specific enough and had to say exactly what stats I would like these changed to, so:

On the boots, the 2 morale/sec take up 10 stat slots. This could be improved by changing it to any of the following:
1% Heal Crit
-1% chance to be crit
or just any combination of 10 wounds/toughness/ini

On the Belt, the 2% dodge/disrupt takes up 24 stats, so these could be changed to:
-2% chance to be crit +4 stats (wounds/toughness/ini)
maybe put in 1% heal crit instead of one of the -chance to be crit.

On the Helm/Gloves combined, 47 healing power takes up 31 stat slots.
If this 31 points was reallocated into literally any combination of heal crit/- chance to be crit or wounds/toughness/ini it would be an improvement.

The jewel also uses 12 stats for it's -2% armour penetration. Again, any combination of heal crit/- chance to be crit or wounds/toughness/ini would be an improvement
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
Aluviya

Post#12 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:47 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:17 pm I guess the difference between the WP/DOK feedback and this feedback is the other guy actually had suggestions to improve it, and this one is a lot of "lol this bad" + maths.
But on the factual side DOK/WP have a class mechanic sustain now that was not even available on live (with weapons that had +10 Regeneration on it and Sets with +2 Regeneration). Sustain was always the limiting factor to DOK and WP. Seeing how people (who were already playing this class positively to the very limits) play the new WP/DOK Set it seems to me that the DOK/WP feedback you got was very onesided and limited from the balance point of view. And therefore people will complain about balance - naturally as there are huge imbalances between the sets. Some sugesstions were also made for example on the other topic ( viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35461&start=40#p397173) - but no response to it sadly.

Jabba

Post#13 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:00 pm

Bump as the set still kinda trash, 7 pc bonus desperately needs 'fixing', and 4 pc bonus could really do with being changed too. + all the useless stats on pieces. The difference between dok/wp set and shammy/am is huge.

phononHYPE

Post#14 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:18 pm

I've done similar maths on choppa sets, and the general take-away for me is... mix sets and ignore most of the mid to upper bonuses. On my shaman (rr72, 0 Sov bits in bank and 0 royal medallions), I plan on just stacking wound bonuses from sets. You know, when I finish choppa gear, zealot gear, BG gear... poor lil git is near last on my list.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Jabba

Post#15 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:00 pm

phononHYPE wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:18 pm I've done similar maths on choppa sets, and the general take-away for me is... mix sets and ignore most of the mid to upper bonuses. On my shaman (rr72, 0 Sov bits in bank and 0 royal medallions), I plan on just stacking wound bonuses from sets. You know, when I finish choppa gear, zealot gear, BG gear... poor lil git is near last on my list.
Shouldn't be like this though. You should have to make a choice between mixing and maxing the sets for the early bonuses and raw stats, or going for the full set for some good higher set bonuses. Whichever you choose, you should be having to give something meaningful up. This isn't the case with shammy/am gear as it is right now, there is no choice. You sacrifice basically nothing by ignoring the full set, not only are the actual bonuses seriously underwhelming, but you've run out of the gear pieces that have reasonable stat allocation on, and have to put in the pieces that are garbage. It's also not as appealing mixing set bonuses on healers as it is on dps. Extra strength/Intel etc is far better than extra willpower.

phononHYPE

Post#16 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:45 pm

I agree Jabba, I agree. A downside I see to this would be them moving the wounds bonus further in. This boils down (for me) to "do I want stats or need stuff (heal power, crit, reduced armor pen?)". I generally favor stats, especially wounds, so will almost always mix sets to maximize that. Will I struggle with AP, or perhaps not get sweet big numbers as often as I like? yes, and that is fine for my play style.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative