Recent Topics

Ads

Remove RvR death penalty debuff cost when greatly outnumbered

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grimsley

Remove RvR death penalty debuff cost when greatly outnumbered

Post#1 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:03 pm

In tiers 1 especially. Most new players roll in to T1 with under a gold. All that cost does is eventually make the person stop RvRng. This is exceptionally damaging when your faction is higjly outnumbered.

Not only do you die more frequently, but the odds of losing your front line dps and tanks goes up. Unless they play through the debuff which also greatly hinders an already outnumbered faction.

Last night for example in Nordland, destro was outnumbered by a staggering amount. We were already at a point of no contest and many new players were being crippled by debuff. Several left because they were broke.

I would consider this a big step in the right direction to balance faction disparity. Id also suggest making this an announcement when entering the RvR area that "Your faction has waved the cost of healing" when entering an RvR area so players are aware.

Ads
TiberiusD

Re: Remove RvR death penalty debuff cost when greatly outnumbered

Post#2 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:30 pm

the RvR debuff is 3 minutes. by the time you are getting out of warcamp and go in the fight 1 minute pass. so it's ok. need to be more careful with yourself and try not to die that fast.
The timer in PvE is 15 minutes. You can do it Grimsley!

Grimsley

Post#3 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:33 pm

But i zerg all the time. As soon as i die i get on my horse and dive straight in and try kiting casters outside of their cluster.
I do die a lot, im not trying to survive im mostly trying to seperate opponents and frustrate them so they chase me within our range.

Also that debuff begins to stack, and when theres only 5 tanks i cant just sit back :)

But thanks for the encouragement mate

Acidic

Post#4 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:09 pm

Reading this the debuff should be increased.
Learn how to play and make a difference. Don’t just run in solo and blind. If you don’t learn even the basics life will just get worse.
Team up, plan , include coordinating the rest of the players ....

Sulorie

Post#5 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:48 pm

Grimsley wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:33 pm
I do die a lot, im not trying to survive im mostly trying to seperate opponents and frustrate them so they chase me within our range.

You describe something you shouldn't do at all.

You can't frustrate them by getting killed.
You frustrate them, when you kill them, while they can't kill you.
Trying to survive is something you have to learn or healers are less motivated to heal you. Remember, why waste precious time casting heals on someone, who is busy dying over and over?
Despite the influx of new players, player remember names, for the good or worse.
When they see a certain name or group on their or enemy side, they play differently.
Being known for dying fast makes the life more difficult for you, as they target you more. Less people bother to attack tough healers and instead go for soft targets.
Performing bad makes it more difficult over time.
The opposite can happen too, the enemy runs away on first sight or stays in spawn.
Dying is no option.

gaston

Post#6 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:24 pm

It caps at 5 stacks and the duration only refreshes when you get another stack so it will eventually go away then you restart the cycle

Martok

Post#7 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:04 pm

Grimsley wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:03 pmIn tiers 1 especially. Most new players roll in to T1 with under a gold...

I agree with the context of this particular portion of the OP. If new to the game and therefore without the benefit of drawing form your higher ranked toons Tier One can be a bit expensive. I don't see that making healing free in Tier One only would be that big a deal.

Barring that if you are new and struggling for gold to help you get out of Tier One, I suggest two alternatives. Find an active Guild to join. Many of the members will be happy to provide you with a bit of funding. Or hit me up in game sometime. I don't mind helping out a new player and certainly I can't be the only one.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#8 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:15 pm

Afaik there is no death penalty under lvl 9 or 10...

Ads
wonshot

Post#9 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:50 pm

While I can see how the woundsdebuff is needed in some areas, it also seem to be very harsh in other areas.

Fort defenders having no way to clear their woundsdebuff directly kills pvp at times because people have to stay inside waiting their timers, same for Tier1 Nordland. if you are spawncamped and keep being killed, either you pay a bill you cant afford as a new player, or you are perma 50% less hp. Basicly killing pvp standing around waiting for a goldsink that is doing more harm than good.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Sulorie

Post#10 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:53 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:15 pm Afaik there is no death penalty under lvl 9 or 10...
I was going to say this, there is no penalty for t1 lowlvls.
People have to understand, that dying is no god given destiny but a result of mistakes being made. When people make too many mistakes in a short period of time, then there have to be consequences. :^)
I just think that a lot players don't think about their death and just respawn and continue playing.
Dying is no option.