Recent Topics

Ads

Huge Order/Destro moral unbalance

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
zgolec

Re: Huge Order/Destro moral unbalance

Post#31 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:33 pm

Mara drain overperfom af.... And yet they nerfed SM drain... trolololo

#balancesomuch
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#32 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:37 pm

Wam wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:28 pm
you could also make the arguement that morale drain is more overperforming than heal debuffs was, so sometimes its hard to understand why one gets touched and the other does not.
Especially when heal debuff was giving more diversity in case of order, as dps RP was worth taking over another BW :|

orillah
Suspended

Post#33 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:56 pm

As order tank main im usually striped from all morale the second i clash with destro front line.
You have some seconds to react when its about m2 or m3. M4 need to be fired at the exact second or preemptive.
Usually you insta knocked down by we or mara and then drained for 2-3 secs.
Sure thing in a proper wb when theres tactics and discussions you can find a way to win, usually it's slayers bws pumped by ams combo. Pretty much the only winnable setup order have though...

wonshot

Post#34 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:57 pm

Having the Mara drain tractic with a "25% on crit" requirement, to match the WH's version of requiring backattacks would maybe be a small and enough step to put the drain-game slightly back in ballance.

or both of them without a possitional requirement.
Apart from that pretty much everything has been said in this topic, as it was said in the last time this was brought up, even I dont bother sticking my head down this rabbithole any more :D
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

totaljazz

Post#35 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:47 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:19 pm Considering how many times we've beaten this horse to death, I suspect the thread will be dead on arrival. By all means enjoy your discussion however.
Please consider this as a more serious issue now, when most organized guild's warbands fight in the narrow streets of sieged cities where we have no place to maneuver and we always lose the game of morales because we have no tools to withstand such a strong x24 drain pressing.

My proposal: add morale drain to Lileath's Arrow or Barrage. Maybe this could give a new lease of life to the least demanding in warbands class - Shadow Warrior.

Aluviya

Post#36 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:06 pm

For the part with AM and Shaman - i can only agree that the morale generation tactics/skills for Shaman seem to me way more fitting for a class that survives through kiting. The role of a morale pumping AM means even more stationary gameplay (->funnel essence vs do somefing useful, no speedproc tactic vs 25 % chance to 30 % speedgain for 5 sec)- while Shaman still keeps his mobility and uses an instant cast skill to morale pump all the party - AM is forced to cast a fragile spell which seems to generate more morale - on a single target but is actually bad to use in combat situations. I really wish there would be a revision to these tactics/skills

wpc56
Suspended

Post#37 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:22 pm

You see people with bad logic trying to defend broken balance.

Dest have better morale drain and pump
It is justified because order have better M4
so does dead or drained order ever going to get to M4 and use it with dest having better pump and drain? Remember this is in the context of City (per original poster)

but but but order M4 so op!?

teiloh

Post#38 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:34 pm

Vayra wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:40 pm Perfect mirroring has never been the goal of this game. I know this used to be balanced by order having better morales in general (for example Sorc did not have a 1200 aoe m2), and they often have better dps or healing than the destro mirrors (sorc/bw, dok/wp come to mind) outside of morales.

Also, you've used the wrong tactic for Zealot in your image, you're not showing a group morale pump, you're showing a self-pump (from Sorc, not sure if Zealot has the same tactic).
I don't remember this being said when:

1. Indigestion was granted Destro's AOE CD increaser (shifted from Bad Gas), specifically to mirror Order
2. Zealots were given RP Armor buff on heal, specifically to mirror Order
3. Squigs were given leap, specifically to mirror Order
4. Solar Flare is being considered for a nerf, specifically to mirror Destro
5. Shaman were given 40%/under 25% health heal buff, specifically to mirror Order
6. Marauders were given White Lion DD root, specifically to mirror Order
7. Choppa CD decreaser had its uptime buffed to 20/40 from 20/60 specifically to mirror Order

And so many more that I can't count from live and elsewhere.

Ads
Aerogath
Suspended

Post#39 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:36 pm

The small failure on the upper right of the red line in the first graphic is triggering me so hard that i'm thinking about fixing it >.<

teiloh

Post#40 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:37 pm

Acidic wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:58 pm Somehow this thread bring a certain tank M4 to mind which aoe drains all moral, oh wonder why that not mentioned when talking about drains
Probably because if a Maruader is nearby, you won't be getting M2, much less M4.