Recent Topics

Ads

City siege queue suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jabba

City siege queue suggestion

Post#1 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:40 pm

Everyone must have experienced the city sieges where it's a complete stomp for one side or the other by now, this is fun for neither side. Not sure if this is actually possible but here's my suggestion anyway:

Make the pre-queue timer 15 mins, 10 minutes (just as it is now) where you make your warband and sort out comps. Then have a 5 min period where warbands enter the queue, during this 5 minutes noone gets a pop, but warband leaders can designate their warband as 'Premade' or 'Pug'. At the end of the 5 minutes, premade warbands are matched against premade warbands, pugs against pugs. If there are uneven numbers of premade warbands on each side when the timer ends, the leftovers get put in the pug queue. Sure, you might have some people 'dodging' fights and queuing as pugs, but it's a fair bet if they do this, they wouldn't have been a warband that was stomping people anyway. You would also get the odd leftover premade warband, that didn't have another premade warband to be matched against, and was therefore put back in the pug queue. Hopefully something like this would make the completely one sided instances a rarer occurrence though.

Thoughts?
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
larsulu
Suspended

Re: City siege queue suggestion

Post#2 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:06 am

i'm 100% agree. nice proposal
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

StrongUn

Post#3 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:24 am

I agree too.

M0rw47h

Post#4 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:38 am

Jabba wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:40 pm Thoughts?
Get organized.
Finaly you got reason to.

kuj0jotar0

Post#5 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:38 am

no, enough with this PUG mentality, we are talking about endgame gear that is supposed to be hard to get.

I would suggest to give 0 crests and 0 bags to the losing side.

If you don't want to put effort to get the best gear in the game you should not get it.

Lorsten

Post#6 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:41 am

This is end game pvp content, why it should be PUG-friendly? If you queue city, be prepared to get stomped by organized WBs, or make your own and stomp another PUGs. BTW if you queue with 6 man group, you will likely find opponents with same party-oriented setup. Its not that hard to make atleast a proper group (2-2-2) before going city.
This game already has enough pug friendly pvp mechanics, like pug scenarios, solo-ranked scenes. City sieges is not one of them.

Jabba

Post#7 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:46 am

Just to be clear, I'm not one of the ones that is pugging constantly and getting stomped. The vast majority of the cities I've done have been in an organised alliance warband, and we're bored of getting put against pugs that just have no way to compete. Then seeing on streams that a destro pug warband is getting stomped by an organised order one.

Jabba

Post#8 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:47 am

kuj0jotar0 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:38 am no, enough with this PUG mentality, we are talking about endgame gear that is supposed to be hard to get.

I would suggest to give 0 crests and 0 bags to the losing side.

If you don't want to put effort to get the best gear in the game you should not get it.
This isn't just about gear, it's about not wasting an hour basically afking to get free gear.

Ads
Xergon

Post#9 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:49 am

Jabba wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:40 pm Everyone must have experienced the city sieges where it's a complete stomp for one side or the other by now, this is fun for neither side. Not sure if this is actually possible but here's my suggestion anyway:

Make the pre-queue timer 15 mins, 10 minutes (just as it is now) where you make your warband and sort out comps. Then have a 5 min period where warbands enter the queue, during this 5 minutes noone gets a pop, but warband leaders can designate their warband as 'Premade' or 'Pug'. At the end of the 5 minutes, premade warbands are matched against premade warbands, pugs against pugs. If there are uneven numbers of premade warbands on each side when the timer ends, the leftovers get put in the pug queue. Sure, you might have some people 'dodging' fights and queuing as pugs, but it's a fair bet if they do this, they wouldn't have been a warband that was stomping people anyway. You would also get the odd leftover premade warband, that didn't have another premade warband to be matched against, and was therefore put back in the pug queue. Hopefully something like this would make the completely one sided instances a rarer occurrence though.

Thoughts?
And what if PREMADES will sign up as PUGS ?
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Jabba

Post#10 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:50 am

Tbh, it sounds from the last few replies that you guys actually enjoy stomping pugs with no competition? Well worry not, if something like this was implemented, you guys could designate yourself as a pug warband to carry on farming those pugs and feeling superior. This would be a change for people that actually want good fights.