Recent Topics

Ads

A suggestion about exclusive Event items

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kaozium

A suggestion about exclusive Event items

Post#1 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:43 pm

Hello there, I'll try to make it clear and short.

Context : I stopped playing right after the halloween 2016 event, during which I collected a lot of exclusive event skins on several chars

Problem 1 : meta changes, especially in several years, and often forces classes on people. Since event exclusive skins are bound to a character, I now have cool skins taking the dust on useless characters, and I cannot show my swag and the fact I was THERE on my new main(s).

Problem 2 : You have to grind hard the event to have all skins on all your chars just in case some years down the road you want to change your main character but retain your swag. Right now I'm doing the event on my 8th character in a row and I want to kms a little bit. Of course, that mechanic can be seen as a good thing since it feeds the event with more people (some of whom want to kill themselves a little bit).

possible solution : make past, current and future event exclusive skins bound to account and tradeable between your chars, so veteran fashion victims are not heavily (in their perspecitve) penalized by changing meta (or personal gameplay taste).

How does that sound to you all ?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: A suggestion about exclusive Event items

Post#2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:49 pm

If you want stuff on a character go out and work for it. We're not fans of free stuff around here.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Kaozium

Post#3 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:15 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:49 pm If you want stuff on a character go out and work for it. We're not fans of free stuff around here.
I know, I... worked for it. I have the skins, just cannot transfer them from my 4 years old characters to my new main. It's not like i can work for skins that disappeared 4 years ago, but if I could I would. Wouldn't it be sad for all those acquired skins (that you guys worked hard for us to get by making events) not to be shown to the world (okay, to the community) ? Shirley you understand that I'm not asking for free stuff :lol:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:24 pm

You seem to be developing a habit of asking for free stuff or changes that we've explicitly rejected in the past.

Your new characters weren't at the old event. You missed it. This happens in life. Perhaps in the future if you stick around another event will have similar items.

Kaozium

Post#5 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:37 pm

I get it you don't want that system to change and that's okay. It seemed like a reasonable question to me but I didn't come with any misplaced entitlement, I accept the decision and I'll deal with it. and if they reappear down the line, my suggestion is effectively moot ! ;)

However I don't understand why you're harsh with me. I looked at my 38 posts and I can't see what you mean by "You seem to be developing a habit of asking for free stuff or changes"... a part maybe from agreeing with the point made by someone who asked for T4 to conq meds conversion.

the recent influx of new players confusing suggestion and demand might grind your nerves but I'm being polite and understanding. By the way I really salute the quickness with which you replied, thats is rare even on private servers.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:51 pm

Kaozium wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:37 pm I get it you don't want that system to change and that's okay. It seemed like a reasonable question to me but I didn't come with any misplaced entitlement, I accept the decision and I'll deal with it. and if they reappear down the line, my suggestion is effectively moot ! ;)

However I don't understand why you're harsh with me. I looked at my 38 posts and I can't see what you mean by "You seem to be developing a habit of asking for free stuff or changes"... a part maybe from agreeing with the point made by someone who asked for T4 to conq meds conversion.

the recent influx of new players confusing suggestion and demand might grind your nerves but I'm being polite and understanding. By the way I really salute the quickness with which you replied, thats is rare even on private servers.
I'm probably reading into it then, there's a lot of new threads out there that are starting to blur together. My apology if that doesn't match up with your intent.

Poknok

Post#7 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:00 pm

If you were really being polite and understanding you would have said "Ok, no worries," after Grimnir's first response. It ain't hard to understand as long as you're prepared for that answer.

You worked for stuff on your old characters, and got that stuff on your old characters.

Seems to me YOU don't like that answer because YOU feel that if YOU worked for it once then YOU should have it on all YOUR new characters because YOU YOU YOU.

And YOU feel that YOU should be talked to respectfully because YOU think YOU are not being selfish at all. YOU are sure that if someone gave YOU what YOU wanted then wow how great that would be. For everybody. Because you.

Kaozium

Post#8 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:09 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:51 pm I'm probably reading into it then, there's a lot of new threads out there that are starting to blur together. My apology if that doesn't match up with your intent.

No harm done ! I wanted my original post sequential structure to be clear and concise but I realize it comes off as too assertive. Good luck with the post-influx moderation ! :mrgreen:

Poknok wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:00 pm Seems to me YOU don't like that answer because YOU feel that if YOU worked for it once then YOU should have it on all YOUR new characters because YOU YOU YOU.

Who hurt YOU mate

Ads
Poknok

Post#9 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:12 pm

Kaozium wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:37 pm However I don't understand why you're harsh with me. I looked at my 38 posts and I can't see what you mean by "You seem to be developing a habit of asking for free stuff or changes"...
If you say you don't understand something, maybe don't be surprised when someone lays it out for you.

Kaozium

Post#10 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:23 pm

Poknok wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:12 pm If you say you don't understand something, maybe don't be surprised when someone lays it out for you.
Thanks for laying out why War shaped his reply like that, while enlightening me on my own failures as a member of this community. A damn well needed intervention.