Recent Topics

Ads

Invader/Warlord/Sov Token System

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dajciekrwi

Re: Invader/Warlord/Sov Token System

Post#91 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:16 pm

Armoz wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:40 am I have a better idea!

RoR should one one currency called WAR CREST for Pvp(both RvR and Sc) and Pve should have one currency called BEASTIAL TOKENS(both Dungeons and open world pve like PQs).

The problem why this system is broken is the fact that everybody can join city siege, well most people can because its instanced ... so either add instances in forts so MOST people can join and get invader gear or make invader and Sov gear use same tokens. I would love to know why was this stupid thing even considered and not have so called "endgame gear" use the same currency?
How is this going to hurt the game when there is just one currency for PVP both SC and rvr and one currency for PVE poth dungeons and open world pve.

BRING BACK WAR CRESTS !!!! stop this 934893 medallion system and make it simpler for you devs and also for the players ... its way too complicated and just makes people hate the damn gearing in this game.

i dont mind the fact that u need to have full set before you can get the new one, but as i said in the beginning, MOST PEOPLE cant join forts unless they have contribution up and there are so many people who play in rvr for a whole day and still cant get to forts but everybody can Queue up for a city siege and get crests but cant wear the gear !!!!!!!!!
YESS!! that true , right nad hinest. Simply, noble and clear soultion!!
Im completly agreed!

Ads
Loans

Post#92 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:27 pm

I just returned to play after 2 years and unfortunally I converted like 20-30 invader medallions into vanquisher because i didn't know until now that you have to get full invader in order to use sov set. The fact is: I don't really need/want invader because vanquisher is fine for me, i won't use warlord so i'll skip it. It's hard situation because i'm rr 6x and i'm leveling fast to 70 so i guess i'll be soon one of those person stucked in this condition.

zaauk

Post#93 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:28 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:07 pm
zaauk wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:03 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:12 am

I've more on alts that ain't even RR70 and never were in the city. What is bullshit, is that people want endgame gear RIGHT NOW.

No its not bullshit. Its a clear difference. A city you can logg in when you want and join. To get in to a fort you have to play several hours to get contribution and even then its not sure you get in... AND then spend another hour. Not all people can play 4+ hours stright. Thats the downside of it in my opinion.

And on a sidenote im not worried myself because i have full invader, but i can see why people are upset.
If one is spending "serval hours" in pre-fort zone and then doesn't have enough contribution to join fort... then maybe, just maybe it's time to stop chasing butterflies and unicorns?
I too can see "why people are upset", they want it now and for no effort. It's not THAT hard to get, you don't even have to win a single fort, or single city to get invader and sov, its full casual already.
I have no idea what timezone you are in but its not rare to see 300-500ppl in a zone nowdays. Ofc some will be left out. Sometimes half of them.
Its a clear difference to join fort or a city fight. its pretty obvious. I wouldnt call it no effort, since its easier pre 70+
But we dont share the same opinion and its fine.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kaozium

Post#94 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:54 pm

If I may comment, allow downgrading crests into inv token would solve the problem.
Right now people are afking/sniping forts/city on purpose to grab max invas with the fear of reaching rr70, preventing them from getting lots of inv in city.
Allowing crest downgrade doesn't seem unreasonable, after all you worked for them crests.

Elemint

Post#95 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:21 pm

Reading this thread gave me an idea:
In addition to the personal bags dropping from open, bring the old public roll back, that would reward highest contributors to a successful T4 zone lock with some invader medals. Don't put any restriction on the bags, if a r16 somehow outcontributed a rr80, he really should be getting invader medals for his work

Foofmonger

Post#96 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:42 pm

Kaozium wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:54 pm If I may comment, allow downgrading crests into inv token would solve the problem.
Right now people are afking/sniping forts/city on purpose to grab max invas with the fear of reaching rr70, preventing them from getting lots of inv in city.
Allowing crest downgrade doesn't seem unreasonable, after all you worked for them crests.
It's pretty much this 100%.

All the devs need to do is let the players down convert royals into Invaders and the entire issue is 100% solved.

The invader progress gate is artificial and no longer needs to exist now that Cities and Sov are in the game. It's a relic of the past, and it's time to change. The fact that the current system can end up with players who have full Sov and can't wear it, is a 100% justification that the system is itself broken in its current design and not how "progression" should work. Remove the Invader Gate!

For example: Under the current system, I have no reason to play my Marauder at RR65 unless its a fort, or a city. If I level my character to RR70 without getting my invader finalized, then my ability to grind for invader is diminished heavily and it will take me much longer to get, and this is my main form of progression. So I'm better off playing an alt, waiting for a fort or city to pop, and then swapping over to my main. I'm literally dis-incentivized to play my main character or level it up because I will be penalized for doing so. That means the system is broken and designed improperly.

Luckily, as I stated above, it's a super easy fix. Allow people to down-convert royals. Now people can actually get their invader without grinding 33-55 forts (I did the math, that's the number it takes to grind out full invader set if you win 0 bags, dependent on wins/loss). Now people can actually play their main character and level them up and not feel like they have to stop playing in their RR60s or the server will screw them over. Now, all the new players have a clear path of progression where they dont have to grind for a few months to be able to even try and compete with the older playerbase.

Devs, I know you may not want to do this for a variety of reasons, but it's the right choice for the overall long-term health of your server, especially at this critical time in your servers lifecycle with the renewed interest and huge amount of new blood and players. Sure it may slightly annoy some older players, but they love this game and will still play it. Sure it will make more people competitive and able to fight more highly geared players, but that's a good thing for the health of the server.

-my 2 cents