Recent Topics

Ads

Vanquisher gear

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Starke

Vanquisher gear

Post#1 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:46 pm

Since it seems like I'm not the only one who has trouble getting vanq gear before they get invader.... It seems like the full vanquisher set is overly hard to get.

My experience has been 10-15 gold bags, in some cases higher to get full vanq because I get a lot of duplicates. This has been true over many characters and many of my guildies have the same problem. Often people end up with full invader before they get full vanq. (I've done that on two toons, two more I just stopped going to fort because invader was worthless for them, but neither have full vanq, even though they are 70+ rr)

So, several suggestions based on forum comments.

1. Let us turn in duplicate pieces much like you can with subjugator. Even if it requires 2 pieces (instead of sub's one) to purchase one it would still be preferable to the current system give how expensive it is to buy vanq pieces.

2. Put two vanq items in a single gold bag, again to reduce the constant duplicates, then you'd have a better chance of picking the one item you need.

3. Let people convert up conquer medallions to vanq.

4. Reduce the cost of vanq. Nobody really seems to like this idea, but I'll put it here just because.

Any other idea's?
Wargrimnir - Dear unverified refugees of the skaven ridden dumpster fire we occasionally call "the server"

Ads
ultimlich

Re: Vanquisher gear

Post#2 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:01 am

Instead of the first two options, in a bag that contains a set piece, could also contain a vanq token. The vendor where you would buy the vanq pieces could then also sell the pieces for 2-3 tokens. I believe the ruin pq set is similar, I seem to recall picking up a token on one of my chars doing a pq randomly in t4. I think a system like that would work for this too.

Or perhaps having the value of the piece you earn in the bag being obtainable as an alternate option. For example, if a piece cost 50 medallions, and you earn that piece in the bag, having the option to pick 50 medallions in place of the piece. Or even half as a penalty for refusing the piece as the main prize would still be a step up.

I do also like the idea of converting up the conq to vanq, as more sets come out, being able to convert up those medallions makes sense.

I also like the idea of a special vendor that instead of selling a piece of gear for money, you could sell it back for whatever medallion/emblem amount it was worth. That way, either old gear or duplicate gear could get sold back and converted up/used to buy better gear.

Jabba

Post#3 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:51 am

Forts should also drop 20-30 vanq medals rather than 4-6 if you're below rr50 imo.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Panodil

Post#4 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:26 am

Just break down all your invader.
Its not really hard to get Vanq, might take a week or two. Not really that much time.
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage