Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion: Choppa/Slayer Sov/Warlord bonuses

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adapter
Suspended

Suggestion: Choppa/Slayer Sov/Warlord bonuses

Post#1 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:07 pm

Hello, the purpose of this post is to suggest some changes to the new Sov/Warlord sets that currently have a lack of the Stats that Choppa/Slayer specs benefit from, making it almost not worth it in comparison to the preview sets.

Another purpose of this, is to make the 2H spec more playable and make Choppa players choose the 2H over Git to da Choppa spec. Meaning there will be less Choppa Pulls.

Take in mind this changes could also be applied to the Slayer sets since we are mirrors.

Please share your ideas as well.

<Warlord set bonus suggestions>

Since the Warlord Set is made for the 2H Spec, i've realized with many other high level Choppas that it doesn't have the Stats/Bonuses the 2H spec benefits from.

This coming to be the increase of Auto Attack Haste %. For the Choppa, specially 2H, the Haste bonuses are not useful in PvP. I've tried several times speccing into it and it is not better than your usual Crit/WS spec. The damage output of having a Haste spec is quite low compared to other ones. The 2H damage is based on big crit numbers instead of a high volume output. Also the Parry for 2H is very low, so maybe an increase on it may be a good idea.

So my suggestion for the Warlord set stats and bonuses are the next ones:

4 Piece bonus: instead of +15% Auto Attack Haste, make it +6% Parry.

7 Piece bonus: instead of 10% on hit chance to remove 50 AP points from target, make it a 10% chance on hit to increase damage output by 10% for 10s.

Now the Stats suggestion for Warlord would be the next ones:

Warlord Rappin: instead of +4% Auto Attack Haste, make it +2% Reduction in being critically hit.

Warlord Stompas: instead of +1% Disrupt/Dodge, make it +3 Morale per second.

Warlord Sholdaspikes: instead of +2% Reduced chance to be parried, make it +2% Melee Critical chance

Warlord Punchas: instead of +10% Haste Auto Attack, make it +2% Reduced chance to be parried.

Adding this changes to the Warlord set, it will make the 2H Spec much more useful and will make many Choppa players go for Da'Hitta spec instead of going for the typical Git to da Choppa tree. I can see a lot of Order players happy for this change to be applied.

<Sovereign Flurry bonuses/stat suggestions>

My concern about this set is the 7 piece bonus, since the Bloodlord weapon already has a -5% in defenses penalty, this 7 piece bonus becomes useless. Also the Toughness bonus is not useful, since it is worthless due to Tactic "Dont wanna live foreva" has a penalty in Toughness, it is not needed) Toughness at all for the Choppa is not a worth stat having. If you as a Choppa chooses to go for a Toughness spec you will reach around 250 - 400 top, sacrificing not using Dont Wanna live foreva (STR and WS). So Initiative would be way more useful than Toughness.

7 piece bonus: instead of having a 10% chance on being attacked: reduce damage taken by 6% for 10s, make it a 10% Chance on being attacked: reduce damage taken by 15% for 10s.

3 piece bonus: instead of +88 Toughness, make it a +88 Initiative.

Stats of Sov Flurry, since the set is meant to be Defensive, we need better defenses stats than a 4% dodge. Since having less than 20% Dodge is almost useless, this stat becomes worthless, we need real defenses. So here is my suggestion for Flurry stats:

Sovereign Stompas of da Flurry: instead of +2% Dodge, make it +2% Reduced Armor Penetration, +3 Morale points per second.

Sovereign Fangbone of da Flurry (jewel): instead of +2% Disrupt, make it +2% Reduction in being critically hit.

Sovereign Skully of da Flurry: instead of +10% Auto Attack Haste, make it a +2% Reduction in being critical hit.

The purpose of Flurry set is to be defensive and the current Stats that has are not meant to be very defensive at all. It needs this changes, otherwise it's not worth wearing it.

<Sovereign of da Berserker suggestion bonuses/stats>

This set is actually good, it won't require much tweaking but a few pieces do need some adjustment. Since this is the Offensive Critical set, it needs stats that an Offensive set benefits from, less Toughness (since it is worthless due to Tactic "Dont wanna live foreva" has a penalty in Toughness, it is not needed) This set lacks a lot of Weapon Skill, the main stat for an offensive Choppa, so here are my suggestions:

Sovereing Punchas: instead of +20 Toughness, make it a +10 to +20 Weapon Skill.

Sovereign Skully: instead of +17 Toughness, make it +17 Wounds.

Sovereign Stompas: instead of +1% Dodge / +2% Disrupt, make it +20 Weapon Skill.

Sovereign Rappin: instead of +17 Initiative, make it +17 Weapon Skill.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for the Choppa/Slayer sets, thanks a lot for reading and please share your ideas as well.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
kottonai

Re: Suggestion: Choppa/Slayer Sov/Warlord bonuses

Post#2 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:18 pm

This sounds pretty good actually, i wonder if it can be the same for other melee careers.

adapter
Suspended

Post#3 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:54 am

kottonai wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:18 pm This sounds pretty good actually, i wonder if it can be the same for other melee careers.
I haven't checked the bonuses and stats for Marauder or Witch Elf, so far i've noticed that a lot of players can't find a real good use for any full royal set. The Royal sets should be BiS wearing as a full set but it's far from that right now, it needs a lot of tweaks on all career sets to fullfill that need of BiS.

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:30 am

Your logic makes no sense

DWLFE debuffs our toughness making us even squishier and you don’t want some extra toughness on the side to mitigate the effect tactic?

Also here’s the reality between 2H and DW, due to the fast AA and greater chance to proc things due to faster attack speed so while 2H might have “bigger numbers”, the damage output is basically the same and most of choppas dmg comes from AA so I would rather have increased attack speed

This won’t change the fact that you can’t do anything in orvr as ST

Choppas will still have to run GTTC

adapter
Suspended

Post#5 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:21 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:30 am Your logic makes no sense

DWLFE debuffs our toughness making us even squishier and you don’t want some extra toughness on the side to mitigate the effect tactic?

Also here’s the reality between 2H and DW, due to the fast AA and greater chance to proc things due to faster attack speed so while 2H might have “bigger numbers”, the damage output is basically the same and most of choppas dmg comes from AA so I would rather have increased attack speed

This won’t change the fact that you can’t do anything in orvr as ST

Choppas will still have to run GTTC

Having Dont wanna live Foreva slotted in. Do you still stack Toughness on your Choppa to reach 200 for it to be debuffed and be total useless?

What would be the point to have a few pieces with Toughness (40something + 88 bonus piece) if you are gonna have to slot in Don't wanna live foreva to reduce your own Toughness?

Now that being said, i'm gonna ask something to you. Does you logic makes sense?

Isn't it better to have more Initiative than Toughness? Isn't it better for the Choppa to reduce the chance of being critical hit?

What is better? 120 points of Toughness or 8% - 12% reduce chance to receive critical hits.

Do you really play a Choppa on the highest levels? +80 renown?

How do you say most of the damage Choppa deals comes from AA? The AoE spec has almost non utility for AA and even in 2H is useless too, while casting the Choppa don't deliver AA hits and as 2H one wants to stay in Furious to deal more damage with Abilities, AA don't benefit much from Furious.

It's way better to have more Crit chance / Reduce chance to be parried / Some random defensive stat than having Auto Attack Haste.

My feedback comes from playing a Choppa at renown 84, being my main character and also from talking to many other +80 RR Choppas.

I've theorycrafted a lot on it and im telling you, the Haste is not good. There are better alternatives if we are talking about a specifically 2H BiS Set. It can be better and it should be better, it must suit the 2H purpose.

You say "This won’t change the fact that you can’t do anything in orvr as ST", exactly this is why im asking for changes in the new sets, for the Choppa and Slayer to have better chances at playing ST at oRvR, smallscale and Solo. We need better defenses and a higher chance to survive at solo oRvR.

I don't get your reply, you play as a Choppa and you don't want the changes that i propose. Don't you realize it will make the Choppa and Slayer more useful in every aspect? Just as well for any other career that are having issues with the full sets, they are not better than the preview mixture of sets.