Recent Topics

Ads

Maruder Terrible Embrace new hot fix

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jildaz

Re: Maruder Terrible Embrace new hot fix

Post#21 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:53 pm

Hi,

Why always compare classes, you whine because mara get nerfed, start whining against WL pull or how SH is op etc etc. You dont have to slot a tactic to pull correclty with a marauder, because try to pull someone with a WL without the speed tactic ... even when slotted, the lion can't catch someone fleeing or using charge.

That beeing said, we are talking about marauder and marauder only.
I agree the CD of marauder shouldnt proc in case of the range or LoS is lost.
Example : you cast with a rdps, lost range, you dont have any CD that just interrupt the cast.
If the Ability trigger with a rdps and then you are out of range, you still hit the target.

Mara pull was imo overpowered (and i have a Marauder lvl 79 so dont tell me i am biased) but it shouldnot proc CD if there is a range or LoS break. However, if its parried, or the target has immunity ofc it should.
Gwelthas : WL 86 The Eternal Host
Gwelthaz : IB 86 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Gweltaz : SL 83 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Ashitakah : SW 82 The Eternal Host

Gwelth : marauder 80
Gwelt : BG 81

Ads
larsulu
Suspended

Post#22 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:03 pm

Jildaz wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:53 pm Hi,

Why always compare classes, you whine because mara get nerfed, start whining against WL pull or how SH is op etc etc. You dont have to slot a tactic to pull correclty with a marauder, because try to pull someone with a WL without the speed tactic ... even when slotted, the lion can't catch someone fleeing or using charge.

That beeing said, we are talking about marauder and marauder only.
I agree the CD of marauder shouldnt proc in case of the range or LoS is lost.
Example : you cast with a rdps, lost range, you dont have any CD that just interrupt the cast.
If the Ability trigger with a rdps and then you are out of range, you still hit the target.

Mara pull was imo overpowered (and i have a Marauder lvl 79 so dont tell me i am biased) but it shouldnot proc CD if there is a range or LoS break. However, if its parried, or the target has immunity ofc it should.
mara pull op? because dev turn it ( rightely ) on str instead of int like wl?
also mara pull scales 0,5 of mara total str.
i'm pretty sure wl pull is 100% str
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Sofong

Post#23 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:07 pm

so if someone cast snipe im running away in that 3s and it still fire off when the projectie landed im actually 180fts away. fair?

Jildaz

Post#24 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:08 pm

no, op because when you triggered the ability there were no way to avoid it excpet parrying it, no matter how far you ran away, you got pulled.

Lion can be snared, CC, killed... and require to sacrifice a dmg tactic to make it faster and can actually catch something.

Sofong

Post#25 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:28 pm

Wl got pounce they dont rely on pull for gap closer
If u fight any non fail order grp they will keep u perma snared thats one of the reasons mara is bad

Fey

Post#26 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:31 pm

Mara pull is one of the most obvious and easily interruptible spell casts in the game. I can't help you if you think it's OP.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

larsulu
Suspended

Post#27 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:35 pm

Jildaz wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:08 pm no, op because when you triggered the ability there were no way to avoid it excpet parrying it, no matter how far you ran away, you got pulled.

Lion can be snared, CC, killed... and require to sacrifice a dmg tactic to make it faster and can actually catch something.
Mara hd 50% requires a tactic and usable only in one stance.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

larsulu
Suspended

Post#28 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:35 pm

Fey wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:31 pm Mara pull is one of the most obvious and easily interruptible spell casts in the game. I can't help you if you think it's OP.
Thank you I’m not alone.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#29 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:20 pm

Jildaz wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:08 pm no, op because when you triggered the ability there were no way to avoid it excpet parrying it, no matter how far you ran away, you got pulled.

Frist off it literally has a range check at the end of the 2s cast, if your outside of 65ft the ability dosn't cast

also its a channeled ability you interrupt like with any other channeled ability when you see the animation

Jildaz

Post#30 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:30 pm

larsulu wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:35 pm

Mara hd 50% requires a tactic and usable only in one stance.
out of the topic.. in this case, the Crit modifier on WL needs the pet to be alive.. The 25%bonus dmg work only on rear or back etc.. we are talking about the Pull and nothing else.
If you think out ranging the mara pull should work anyway after triggering the ability is fine, its not. When someone flee out, my lion cant catch the target even with a tactic slotted, so why mara would be able to pull ?
I am just saying , i agree with the first post, when you outrange the pull, it shouldnot proc de CD on the abiliy so you can catch up and try again. I am not talking about anything else.