Recent Topics

Ads

Sovereign set redesign ideas/feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
WarKan666

Re: Sovereign set redesign ideas/feedback

Post#21 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:20 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:14 pm
Chinesehero wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:15 pm suggestion of SM is super weak.
7proc +AP? what a rubbish compare to invader
and the warlord 7proc +20% block???????who will use a shield with warlord? no eyes see

only the off sov is ok which reduce target 240 spirit resistance
and I think make some related proc to the property of a class
This time the sov set if 100 is full i give 60
I was trying to consider the "weaknesses" and "relatively lack of this or that utility" with some ideas - KOTB + RP + WP + IB + Engi can feed AP to their allies - guess which Order support class has limited options when it comes to providing group with AP? I was considering if this potential new AP feed is too OP or not, but still not sure, values might need to be adjusted. Considering not every group might have a RP with perfect APrune placement, or WP running AP feed, nor IB feeding their oath friend, nor an Engi turret within 30ft + utility tactic - the idea of SM gaining a new way to provide group with extra AP might offer for interesting utility setups and furthermore cement their position as one of the best utility stacked warband tanks on Order.
The Warlord block is the one thing I considered also some time, the set starts as another DPS set, yet the final bonus is there to provide the option of going for some serious extra tankyness if you choose to abandong 2h+WODS potential and instead gain a massive +20 block, in case you need to suddenly switch to a more defensive spec or access the limited tools limited to SM block-requirement abilities. Considering the amount of renown + jewel + gear stacking some tanks need to get to gain something as massive as 20block, it's maybe one of the more OP bonuses in my ideas. And opens options for a very tanky SnB dps-pressure spec. (or you can skip 7th piece if you love your 2hander so much and do usual bonus mixing with different sets)
The offensive set is certainly maybe too OP, assuming they allow the spirit resis debuff to stack with WoH, 240 is opening value, even 200 or 180 might be "good" values.

If any my suggested initial values overperform, they can be adjusted always bit downwards in case something becomes way too strong.
Why would the wierdo abortion of Warlord even need 20% block? Thats something for Main Sov.
Rather make Warlord the Tanky 2hand (HAHA) that it is supposed to be.

Ads
Acidic

Post#22 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Rediesign suggestions before anyone has set.
Probably things may not suit everyone but really we need to respect the devs more and see how the sets work before jumping on not invented here wagon.
Can imagine it’s irritating when you put work into something and change spam appears even before it’s tested. Feels like work

Aurandilaz

Post#23 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:15 pm

Chinesehero wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:41 am

if warlord add 20% block, no one will use def sov
+15 or 12 or 10 are also options, initial suggestion is high, meaning it can be adjusted/nerfed at any point. The main idea remains to have something very juicy at 6-7pc bonuses so people aim for higher bonuses instead of the usual set mixing.
WarKan666 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:20 pm
Why would the wierdo abortion of Warlord even need 20% block? Thats something for Main Sov.
You mean offensive gear with shield benefits? The idea is something "different", compared to the classic SM where you stack 2h and various Str bonuses + crits, or get Bloodlord etc (or maybe you just want an updated version of Bloodlord?). Or other idea is then another SnB spec with defensive stacks. General idea of my warlord suggestions is trying possibly new approaches to some classes, that neither really fit into the usual defensive set (main tank sov set) nor the usual offensive set (off sov dps tank set).
Parry is also one fine consideration, but since you have already WODS + various other means of having high parry when doing 2h SM'ing, I'thought that the idea of a somewhat offensive set but with a high reward in block would be, at least to some extent unique/different from the usual options we have so far.
main Sov (usual stuff) defensive/offensive Sov (usual stuff) - Warlord (something uncommon + unique)

Acidic wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:37 pm Rediesign suggestions before anyone has set.
Probably things may not suit everyone but really we need to respect the devs more and see how the sets work before jumping on not invented here wagon.
Can imagine it’s irritating when you put work into something and change spam appears even before it’s tested. Feels like work

or you know, devs asking on some occasions for various ideas for Sovs + feedback regarding some sets and putting place-holder bonuses and seeing if people come up with suggestions? I started writing down some ideas week before the +2 masteries were added in.
Obviously devs can ignore all that is written here and keep sets as they are, I'm fine with that as well since it means I can skip the set on some classes and get it on just those classes that really benefit from it.

Adelmar

Post#24 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:00 pm

So, looking only at the SW sets here:

Offensive Sov seems fine to me, if a little "perfect".

Defensive Sov looks great for smallscale or solo Assault if you don't wanna run glassy.

Warlord looks fine until you get to the +35% aa haste and the 15% perma run speed increase. The aa haste would easily push Assault to over 100% haste when the Assault proc activates. How strong that would be compared to the possible 70-ish % on current Warlord, I don't know. Now, the run speed seems a bit much. I'd honestly like to see a non-Dissolve armor debuff (maybe the larger one if that's not overtuned) or even a snare proc could be better I think.

Overall though, your suggestions for SW sets are okay for the most part. GJ
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

WarKan666

Post#25 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:09 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:15 pm
Chinesehero wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:41 am

if warlord add 20% block, no one will use def sov
+15 or 12 or 10 are also options, initial suggestion is high, meaning it can be adjusted/nerfed at any point. The main idea remains to have something very juicy at 6-7pc bonuses so people aim for higher bonuses instead of the usual set mixing.
WarKan666 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:20 pm
You mean offensive gear with shield benefits? The idea is something "different", compared to the classic SM where you stack 2h and various Str bonuses + crits, or get Bloodlord etc (or maybe you just want an updated version of Bloodlord?). Or other idea is then another SnB spec with defensive stacks. General idea of my warlord suggestions is trying possibly new approaches to some classes, that neither really fit into the usual defensive set (main tank sov set) nor the usual offensive set (off sov dps tank set).
Parry is also one fine consideration, but since you have already WODS + various other means of having high parry when doing 2h SM'ing, I'thought that the idea of a somewhat offensive set but with a high reward in block would be, at least to some extent unique/different from the usual options we have so far.
main Sov (usual stuff) defensive/offensive Sov (usual stuff) - Warlord (something uncommon + unique)

Acidic wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:37 pm Rediesign suggestions before anyone has set.

or you know, devs asking on some occasions for various ideas for Sovs + feedback regarding some sets and putting place-holder bonuses and seeing if people come up with suggestions? I started writing down some ideas week before the +2 masteries were added in.
Obviously devs can ignore all that is written here and keep sets as they are, I'm fine with that as well since it means I can skip the set on some classes and get it on just those classes that really benefit from it.
I have put out my Suggestion to make it Bloordlord 2.0 but with LV and Dark Promise (Bloordlord 1.0b :^) on the Horizon my hopes are small that there will be an actual usefull change.

Disclaimer: This is all from BO 2hand dps smallscale PoV

Warlord and Offsov need to get more specific roles as off now both sets are basically meh/10. None of these Sets know what they want.

Either make the Warlord the Hybrid 2hand or the Offsov.

As for the Stats we NEED Str Ini Wds Ws basically in that order, the Tgh on the Set will help noone. And im not even started on the Morale and Ap gain , 2% Dodge/Parry/Disrupt ( :^) ) both Sets are a mess.
And you can only utitlize them for dmg purposes by goin 3 warlord 6 Offsov. Which brings me to my next point that Setmixing is not wanted by the devs or so I heard.
If you want to provide a nice set to players which they will happily grind : MAKE IT GOOD . There is a reason all the BW/Sorcs run the Onslaught instead of Invader and I read they are not even sure if the Mainsov is better for them.

I really wish the Devs would take their time and actually listen to make the Sets great there are still many things which are ignored : The Dominator Taunt procc for example completly invalidates the Opressor Set
as a 5 Domi / 4 Beastlord mix will put ALOT more pressure than Opressor will ever do. This STILL NEEDS TO BE CHANGED. Yet we have a Detaunt procc on Walord ????? what can go wrong.

When I look at the Shamy offsov everything is fine, it has Int Wds Ini Crit Magicpower: all things you want to actually utilize their 15% increased critdmg.

TL:DR gib Bloordlord 2.0 and make LV just nice weps/jewelry

Hugatsaga

Post#26 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:22 pm

lleri wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:25 am
Hugatsaga wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:10 pm
-WE can get masterful treachery in Witchbrew build without having to sacrifice other useful abilities or tactics (heal debuff, quick stealth, disrupt elixir, knockdown, crit dmg tactic). Even though that doesnt add new active ability it still changes WE playstyle a bit in group setting since now you really want to set up bursts around your 2 stealth skills.
I don't think so: RoR.builders - Witch Elf. +2 Treachery change nothing.
Look again. You are missing a mastery point.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#27 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:09 pm

WarKan666 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:09 pm

TL:DR gib Bloordlord 2.0 and make LV just nice weps/jewelry
You're kind of a **** when you talk about what failures devs are.
And how sad and disappointed you are. It's pretty easy to ignore you because of it. I wouldn't expect that attitude to result in any of your desires being fulfilled outside of total coincidence.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Sulorie

Post#28 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:41 pm

Hugatsaga wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:22 pm
lleri wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:25 am
Hugatsaga wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:10 pm
-WE can get masterful treachery in Witchbrew build without having to sacrifice other useful abilities or tactics (heal debuff, quick stealth, disrupt elixir, knockdown, crit dmg tactic). Even though that doesnt add new active ability it still changes WE playstyle a bit in group setting since now you really want to set up bursts around your 2 stealth skills.
I don't think so: RoR.builders - Witch Elf. +2 Treachery change nothing.
Look again. You are missing a mastery point.
Sadly you shouldn't have a tactic slot for it unless you spend renown for STR to replace Brute Force.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Jinxypie

Post#29 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:49 am

1.cent

SE/FURY proc is prolly most desired bonus on heal DoK/WP. Outside Offhand theres not a single piece of gear to improve your CP regen. Other classes got it on both weapons, rings, gear pieces+ can jug a AP pot.

2.cent
That melee 7%crit debuff seems over the top. Theres already hefty crit bump on the sov itself, yet this bonus is boosting everybodys crit by another 7% against certain target??? Would be more suitable as a selfbuff only.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Acidic

Post#30 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:22 am

For my 2 cents worth I think the power level jump between invader and sov / warlord is too high.