Recent Topics

Ads

Sovereign set redesign ideas/feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Jabba

Re: Sovereign set redesign ideas/feedback

Post#51 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:13 pm

Bosli wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:00 pm Zealot Fatewalker (Sovereign main/heal set) feedback:
  • 4 piece bonus: 6% reduced Armor Penetration
    This bonus seems fine, I can make good use of it, but only because I'm maxed on armor talismans combined with the Warping the Spirit tactic and reduced armor pen PvE talisman. I can understand other Zealots being a bit disappointed with this one, it probably doesn't make much of a difference if you don't stack both armor and reduced penetration. I like it though, much more than reduced crit damage taken (DoK).

I don't even like this bonus, -armour penetration on a cloth class is pretty meh, it forces you to stack armour talis (which you often don't want to have to do) to get any discernible benefit.

[*]7 piece bonus: On Heal: 10% chance to recover 60 Action Points over 3 seconds
After some testing, this one seems to be by far the worst 7 piece bonus of all classes:
First, it only procs on direct heals, which means the 10% chance is way too low for players like me that don't play with group heal. It would have to at least be happening on applying the regular HoT (not every tick) to make any noticable difference for my playstyle. Also, the chance should be higher (maybe 20 or 25%) but not stacked on groupheal, so both is viable.
Second, for playing on group heal spec, it is extremely unnecessary, since AP tactic + AP ritual is more than enough to never run out of AP. I guess you could skip the AP tactic with it, but then again, Fatewalker is for left spec, group heal (for Zealot) is right spec. I would be very disappointed if you expect full Sovereign Zealots to play the boring groupheal spec.
This bonus cannot be compared to any other 7 piece set. It simply cannot compete with any other class, just read them up at the vendor and compare to this one.
My suggestion would be to either make an equivalent to the SH/Magus one but for heal (increase crit heal rate and crit heal multiplier), the Sorc one (chance for target's incoming Healing to be increased) or the Mara one (chance for increased target's chance to be critically healed). Hell, even the chance for 10% parry/disrupt/dodge would be way better than this, just change it to anything else please.

So this is what I was worrying about. The whole point of getting sov for shaman, is to get to this ap proc, provided it stayed as it was on live and procced off hots. If this is how it works on this server, it's really not all that great, as it won't be reliable enough to drop resto burst, this coupled with the kinda meh -armour pen, the 8 pc which is pretty much pointless and the terrible individual stat allocation on most pieces, makes sov for shaman extremely underwhelming.

[*]8 piece bonus: Favor of Tzeentch - 10% crit heal for 10 seconds, 2 minutes cooldown
This ability could be somewhat nice to use in a pinch, but it's useless because it is affected by global cooldown. As a Zealot, if someone takes heavy damage and could die any second, there is no reason to waste a GCD on this passive if I could use it on another Flash of Chaos. It needs to be off GCD to be useful. That, or maybe choose a completely different ability.

Pointless ability, and for shammy/am, its even worse. These sets are now pretty terrible.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

Ads
Aluviya

Post#52 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:32 pm

Jabba wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:13 pm

So this is what I was worrying about. The whole point of getting sov for shaman, is to get to this ap proc, provided it stayed as it was on live and procced off hots. If this is how it works on this server, it's really not all that great, as it won't be reliable enough to drop resto burst, this coupled with the kinda meh -armour pen, the 8 pc which is pretty much pointless and the terrible individual stat allocation on most pieces, makes sov for shaman extremely underwhelming.
It procs only on direct healing spells on AM - this is indirectly leading to my post again viewtopic.php?f=15&t=35461&start=40#p397173- the sets between the Robe healers and the Medium Robe healers are not compareable at all. DOK and WP have now nearly unlimited classmechanic generation while robe healers have a proc that is practically useless for singletarget healing or hots. I am just very sad that noone reacts so far :(.

Bosli

Post#53 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:53 am

Jabba wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:13 pmThe whole point of getting sov for shaman, is to get to this ap proc, provided it stayed as it was on live and procced off hots. If this is how it works on this server, it's really not all that great, as it won't be reliable enough to drop resto burst
Playing a single target Zealot which also uses Flash of Chaos somewhat rarely, I can tell you that the uptime of the proc is barely above 0% and it makes literally no difference. If it procced off Crit Heals, it would simply be a 50% stronger version which gave healers the option to either leave out Restorative Burst, or even take both to spam everything.

The biggest problem about this set bonus is that it's still not an actual increase of Healing, but only provides more sustained healing, while all DPS get some, a few DPS get a ton of burst increase. It cannot compete with their output no matter what, which is why it should either be an actual healing increase (see post above) or something for better survivability.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#54 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:06 pm

Bosli wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:00 pm Zealot Fatewalker (Sovereign main/heal set) feedback:

[*]8 piece bonus: Favor of Tzeentch - 10% crit heal for 10 seconds, 2 minutes cooldown
This ability could be somewhat nice to use in a pinch, but it's useless because it is affected by global cooldown. As a Zealot, if someone takes heavy damage and could die any second, there is no reason to waste a GCD on this passive if I could use it on another Flash of Chaos. It needs to be off GCD to be useful. That, or maybe choose a completely different ability.

Pointless ability, and for shammy/am, its even worse. These sets are now pretty terrible.
These procs give all-crit, not just healing. Tooltips will probably need to be updated.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Zxul

Post#55 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:12 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:06 pm

These procs give all-crit, not just healing. Tooltips will probably need to be updated.
Btw wargrimnir hadn't seen it posted anywhere- looking at dok snb sov it has critical rate and not melee crit on parts, meaning if I understand it correctly that it gives all crit and not just melee crit?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Lime

Post#56 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:00 am

Tank Warlord Suggestion:
Set is basically an armor penetration/weaponskill set currently, 7 pc detaunt proc is really really mediocre/mostly bad.
Reccomend: Change detaunt to corrosion and this set would be really good beyond 6 pc bonuses.
https://imgur.com/Po7oCXA
Limey: 83 Knight Limeyx: 77 BG

StrongUn

Post#57 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:11 am

hahaha a tank detaunting :shock:

why not:
On Hit: 10% chance to TAUNT target. ;)