Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Lord Mechanics

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sarnai

Fort Lord Mechanics

Post#1 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:04 am

I want to first preface this with the fact that I have absolutely no dev/coding/ect experience and have zero idea if such a thing is possible or the amount of work required to implement it is, but...

Much in the same vein that the zone keeps can vary per lock to inject a little variety into the campaign, I think doing something like that with the fort lord mechanics could also help break the absolutely mind-numbing predictability of zone pushes currently. We all know Destro is going to push elf first, while Order wants nothing to do with Fell Landing's poison lord. They'll push The Maw instead, every time. Stonewatch is always next on Destro's list, and they'll avoid Reikwald like the plague unless they're forced take it in the chance that Order caps Butcher's Pass, or they'll use some sort of clever trickery to ensure it's sparsely defended.

But what if at the unlocked of every fort, the lord/mechanic was decided right then. Poison fort in Butcher's Pass? Reikwald has an effigy? Would keep people on their toes a little bit more, and I think would break up the monotonous, clockwork campaign we have going on at the moment.

Thanks for listening, keep up all the great work!
WH looking for gunbad left

Ads
Ototo

Re: Fort Lord Mechanics

Post#2 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:47 am

This is a GREAT idea. IMO should come with a message upon Fort outter or inner door destruction, like "Shining Way Keep Lord opens the poisonous cauldron" or whatever, but out of that part, I would actually love to see this implemented.
Spoiler:

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#3 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:10 am

the mechanics was chosen to at least somewhat fit with the races. Adding them into a pool and then randomize it would not allow for this and as such wont be added. Not to mention the headache of implementing this.

Vayra

Post#4 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:33 am

Natherul wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:10 am the mechanics was chosen to at least somewhat fit with the races. Adding them into a pool and then randomize it would not allow for this and as such wont be added. Not to mention the headache of implementing this.
While it would be a fair amount of work, you could add say a pool of 3 race-specific mechanics that the Lord picks from randomly each siege. Would leave them distinct from each other, but still variable. This is a lot more work, though, so I understand if you don't want to do it.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG