Recent Topics

Ads

Tank Offensive Sovereign Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Akilinus

Re: Tank Offensive Sovereign Feedback

Post#71 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:57 pm

Ototo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:54 pm Out of pure curiosity, what is my build that everyone is speaking of? Stacking toughness in a tank? Preposterous!! Give a tank zero toughness!! Only strength and weapon skill!!

((Sounds funny? Go 1 page ago and you will see that same exact proposal cheered))

Dudes, whenever you understand what an hybrid is, call me. In the meantime I pass. I made my point clear. I want defenses in my tanks, cause if I want to play a DPS I level a DPS. The secondary specs can't be better than the mains, that is why I hate the mele trees of SH and SW. They are secondary and secondary should stay. A tank asking for raw DPS stats in end-game gear should reroll a DPS class, period.
You truly are clueless.
Its probably better if you stay here on the forum and do your fights meanwhile everyone else continue doing them in game.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ads
Babanim

Post#72 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:09 am

Ototo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:54 pm Out of pure curiosity, what is my build that everyone is speaking of? Stacking toughness in a tank? Preposterous!! Give a tank zero toughness!! Only strength and weapon skill!!

((Sounds funny? Go 1 page ago and you will see that same exact proposal cheered))

Dudes, whenever you understand what an hybrid is, call me. In the meantime I pass. I made my point clear. I want defenses in my tanks, cause if I want to play a DPS I level a DPS. The secondary specs can't be better than the mains, that is why I hate the mele trees of SH and SW. They are secondary and secondary should stay. A tank asking for raw DPS stats in end-game gear should reroll a DPS class, period.
Once again, you're proving how little your understanding is on this matter. I would just stay out of it before saying more dumb things if I was you.

jhwieser

Post#73 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:34 am

Is this a joke? Yes, absolutely for the best-in-slot DPS set for tanks people do NOT WANT TOUGHNESS. We want to deal damage as a tank. We do not want tanky stats. Warlord is hybrid. I literally to not know how to make this any more clear.
84 BG
4x IB

anarchypark

Post#74 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:52 am

you guys know that your definition of ' dps tank should have X ' is not shared by devs currently, right?
and said clues, understandings...
so far you didn't offer any meaningful reasons other than ' because i want '

it's funny seeing those words from who also don't have it.
no offence, but think about class role again
you may find your understanding was wrong or class limitations.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO5, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... =8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

toffikx

Post#75 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:44 am

As far as I know, the devs are aware that some of the sets do not have the best stat allocation. They will be changed in the future. Thoughness rework on some of these sets probably one of the more obvious changes.

Nefarian78

Post#76 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:06 am

Intentionally ignorant or simple lack of knowledge on how smallscale tanking works? Which one is it?

In the case it's the latter, I strongly suggest you to play for example a BO with 500 toughness 30% Parry and then a BO with 250 Toughness but 60+% Parry in a 6v6 or smallscale fight vs organized players. You'll be pleasantly surprised to discover that stacking 500 toughness will end with you getting shredded by guard damage, while stacking 60+% parry will actually make you far tankier in all aspects, in addition of having more STR and WS to deal damage with and strikethrough for critical knockdowns.

If you're being ignorant then just keep on being ignorant. I don't really care to be honest.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Chinesehero

Post#77 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:06 am

i am wondering the Warlord 2nd bonus add 83 WS. As a SM it is rubbish set. Please dev do some changes on it how can a dps set for SM add WS for bonus??? the set already add 65 WS on the gear with 83 WS bonus which mean SM get 148 stats less compare with other tanks

Ototo

Post#78 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:26 am

Nefarian78 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:06 am

Intentionally ignorant or simple lack of knowledge on how smallscale tanking works? Which one is it?

In the case it's the latter, I strongly suggest you to play for example a BO with 500 toughness 30% Parry and then a BO with 250 Toughness but 60+% Parry in a 6v6 or smallscale fight vs organized players. You'll be pleasantly surprised to discover that stacking 500 toughness will end with you getting shredded by guard damage, while stacking 60+% parry will actually make you far tankier in all aspects, in addition of having more STR and WS to deal damage with and strikethrough for critical knockdowns.

If you're being ignorant then just keep on being ignorant. I don't really care to be honest.
I suggest that you take your 250 toughness BOrk to oRvR and play in a large scale fight. You are going to die very fast from attacks coming from every arc even mele starts in a 24vs24, and you are going to eat lovely huge chunks of your health from each guard that you don't parry. 24vs24 plays like a rugby match, people clash and the front lines merges into no recognition.

In oRvR the second main reason to die as tank are casters, so unless that I'm pleasantly surprised, you are quite far from having a decent disrupt/dodge, and you still have a 40% to eat them also from the guard from AoEs.

Let's say that your tank in oRvR needs its own guard from a true RvR tank, which will have decent stats cause even if he is not specifically targeted, the pressure of 8 AoEs hitting 24 players reaches everywhere. I actually beg you that you don't bring that tank to large scale.

You are the ones being ignorant about every other engagement level in the game.

This goes for my last post here for good now. Keep on your endogamic fest.
Spoiler:

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#79 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:08 pm

Ototo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:26 am I suggest that you take your 250 toughness BOrk to oRvR and play in a large scale fight. You are going to die very fast from attacks coming from every arc even mele starts in a 24vs24, and you are going to eat lovely huge chunks of your health from each guard that you don't parry. 24vs24 plays like a rugby match, people clash and the front lines merges into no recognition.

In oRvR the second main reason to die as tank are casters, so unless that I'm pleasantly surprised, you are quite far from having a decent disrupt/dodge, and you still have a 40% to eat them also from the guard from AoEs.

Let's say that your tank in oRvR needs its own guard from a true RvR tank, which will have decent stats cause even if he is not specifically targeted, the pressure of 8 AoEs hitting 24 players reaches everywhere. I actually beg you that you don't bring that tank to large scale.

Yes, i get it. Probably everyone reading your posts does. You want to play your meme 2h spec in warband play and that's fine, you can do it.

The set you're looking for is Warlord. It has Wounds, decent Str, 5% disrupt, 2% dodge, Parry, WS and all the Toughness you'll ever need. Would you look at that! A set that has EXACTLY what you need for your 2h WB build. It's even easy to mix with Defensive Sov and Invader!

Or (WARNING: CASUALS GET DOWN. DISGUSTING ELITIST OPINION INCOMING) you could have some respect for everyone else in your WB and play a SnB tank instead of a meme 2h WB tank. Unless you're a BG with Crimson Death.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Jabba

Post#80 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:55 pm

Ototo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:26 am
Nefarian78 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:06 am

I suggest that you take your 250 toughness BOrk to oRvR and play in a large scale fight. You are going to die very fast from attacks coming from every arc even mele starts in a 24vs24, and you are going to eat lovely huge chunks of your health from each guard that you don't parry. 24vs24 plays like a rugby match, people clash and the front lines merges into no recognition.

You seem to be missing the point of having 2 sets. Sov has a set for 'main' spec and one for the 'off' spec. This whole thread has been about the offspec set for sov, which is aimed more at damage/2h than tankiness/snb which is what you will be wearing in your zerg fights/oRvR.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge